Europa Universalis IV: Wealth of Nations – Dev diary 5: Religion

• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
All hail Shiva! And never any other god, because god damn, cheaper cores and less AE!

Seriously though, I can't see any reason to ever ever ever ever pick any of the other gods, except maybe Ganesha here and there if you find yourself with a ton of vassals, or at the start of the game to get and maintain more alliances.

The rest of them simply have too small of an effect, and/or impact parts of the game that are rarely the limiting factor for the growth of your empire.

What he said, I totally agree.

All the other deities are incredibly underpowered compared to these two. Vishnu is only situationally useful when you are about to take on a larger enemy and need to destroy their manpower. Other than that.. the other three will never be used. Ever. (especially Surya)

On another note, here is what I am imagining.
Hindu Ottoman empire with administrative ideas. If you have a claim on a territory.. HELLO free cores :) Can someone add up the core discount, because I do not know the numbers without looking?

I would literally have less of a problem with you putting a "please give us some money, we could really use it" DLC up on Steam for $2 that adds nothing to the game than I do with you guys trying to get me to pay for UI and quality of life changes. Hell, I'd probably even give you the two bucks.

I'm very worried about the precedent this sets; it removes my confidence that, in the future, your products will receive high-quality and free support. This wouldn't be as much of an issue if the games you released felt finished on day 1, but they never do. This has never stopped me from purchasing your products on day 1 before because I knew that no matter how broken it was, you guys would fix it for free. If you start charging for this kind of fix, I won't be able to say to myself "well, it's a little shaky now, but I know it will end up a wonderful game" as I have said to myself so many times in the past.

I am with this man. If it was a financial problem and the company needed the money Id be happy to donate. But as I said previously after reading all that crap from the Paradox posters, thanks but no for the DLC.

Lots of new people here that just don't seem to realise that this is the way we have always been. We're human beings, not drones.

Anyway, I'm making the poll now so you guys can decide.

If you think post count on a forum marks seniority in your games, you are gravely mistaken. And no you werent that way, unfortunate it is that after a chain of successes people are turning arrogand. Saddens me...

This cardinal thing really isn't helping EU4's DLC image. This will be the thread quoted from now on as proof of Paradox gouging customers of their money.

Paradox, just bite the bullet, and put the cardinal checking in the free patch. It's worth it to get people back on your side.

Are any of you aware that P'dox made that poll they were discussing and that the results overwhelmingly favor putting the papal fix in the patch?

All the other deities are incredibly underpowered compared to these two. Vishnu is only situationally useful when you are about to take on a larger enemy and need to destroy their manpower. Other than that.. the other three will never be used. Ever. (especially Surya)

Hindu Ottoman empire with administrative ideas. If you have a claim on a territory.. HELLO free cores :) Can someone add up the core discount, because I do not know the numbers without looking?

To make a non-war bonus useful they would need to put, like, something that it is not war. Which is apparently a bad word in the office and would taint their only-war, map-painting game.

I guess that answers my question.

Well, colour me surprised and impressed. I didn't see that topic.

I retract what I said. And out rightly apologies- Paradox has more than risen to the occasion.

Last edited:

25% + 10% + 33% (GreenKebab) + 25% = -93% Core Cost OP

keep an eye out for the next dev diary. ;)

:eek: :)

also anybody know about this formable nations that I saw a poll for? it mentioned egypt, kurland, and B... I won't bother trying to spell that but some central asian nation, it sounds like it will involve you surviving as mamluks or livonian order against your power hungry neighbours

I already asked but don't want to read through 14 pages of papacy complaints.

What happened to Ibadi, Coptic, and Sikh??? They where discussed in the stream as being part of 1.6. But you don't include them in the religion dev diary?
They are going to talk about Sikhs later, not sure about Ibadis and Copts.

I already asked but don't want to read through 14 pages of papacy complaints.

What happened to Ibadi, Coptic, and Sikh??? They where discussed in the stream as being part of 1.6. But you don't include them in the religion dev diary?
Sikh confirmed, but not sure about the others.

25% + 10% + 33% (GreenKebab) + 25% = -93% Core Cost OP

Maybe I will finally do an Ottoman campaign. Ottomans do not have to vassal feed shit.