Europa Universalis IV v1.4 Patchnotes - checksum c814 - NO PROBLEM REPORTS HERE PLS!

• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Why are the patch notes white on a white background? It makes it a pain to read!

So me and 3 of my friends have been playing a game for the last couple weeks, a few hours a night whenever we all have spare time. Unfortunately, I chose Portugal and have pretty much conquered all of Mexico, Caribbean, South America and North America, alongside the west coast of Africa. I was enjoying earning many hundreds of ducats a month but now with this update, suddenly I am earning a negative amount, and have to deal with colonies which is just a joke.

Considering we started a game knowing how to play and all of a sudden, midway through, everything was torn apart, is pissing me off. We have decided to put our game on hiatus while we think of a way to revert back to the older version. Is there a way for us to play on the older patch, so that we can finish the game we started, without having a patch that massively affects me halfway through our game? Like, I am happy with the update, but when we are already halfway through the game and there is a change as massive as this, it actually makes us want t o restart and lose the hundreds of hours we just invested over the last few weeks/months.

I am the host, if I download an older version of Europa and host it, will everyone run the older version? How does that work? Is there some sort of solution to my problem?

Well I didnt start my long-run IronMan yet cause I`m afraid it broke this save, altough all seems good. I wonder (or afraid) if colonial empires like spain or portugal broke into overlords and colonial nations after loading the game.

BUT my main point is I thought that COLONIAL STATES gonna be an OPTION (like a random world). I know this is historicaly correct, and I`m big fan of this solution but I think it should be for the player to decide if he/she wants it or not. There`s a special feeling when you have this round-the-world empire with total control. Also this game isn`t 100% historicaly accurate so come on, itshouldn`t be hard to make "on/off" switch for colonial nations.

Btw. is there possibility to diplo-annex colonial state ? If not it also should be the case, for example from administrative ideas "consolidation of empire" or sth like that allowing you to annex your colonies after some time and development.

This would be awesome.

Is it just me, or doesn't the randomizable new world feature make you hope for a paradox game with a random world spanning over several ages, like a 4x-game... Anyways, feels like a must buy!

I would rather have the randomized worlds left to mod makers. I think the core of paradox gameplay is a static start so we can all compare what everyone has done in the game

Issues related to patch 1.4 and the dlc.

I think the patch improves the game and solves many pre-existing problems in elegant and interesting ways. There are some issues that might be reasonably addressed in a hotfix.

1 - cardinals, your colonial minors get their own cardinals that support you in the curia. This went unnoticed with vassals, but now becomes an issue since the large catholic colonizers don't get their provinces directly.

2 - conquering indians, the idea of protectorates and that they don't grant colonization range is good, makes sense, however, conquer 5 indian minors in a region and you establish the colonial minor, the colonial minor gives you range. I'd suggest that establishing a colonial minor would require primary culture provinces, and that primary culture provinces get added to the minor. Right now you can sail an army to mexico, conquer the aztecs and all of a sudden you have colonial range everywhere and all the mexico provinces have been cored. This colonial minor gets Aztec culture accepted immediately. Previously you could vassalize or annex release the aztecs, they just didn't provide colonial range until they reached a certain technology.

3 - colonial minor administration, I don't think that colonial minors should have different religions and/or different accepted cultures as their overlord. As long as the colonial master assigns governors it should be picking state religion and accepted culture.

4 - nerfs, timely nerfs were done on russia, prussia and sweden. prussia could do with a bit more nerf, I'd suggest some sort of triggered modifier which gave it full prussian ideas with a 6 mil monarch, scaling down for lesser monarchs, with 0 mil monarchs giving 10% bonuses to morale, infantry combat and discipline. But, for the love of god WHY DID YOU NOT NERF GHAZI?

Ok so i just crashed mid game and steam downloaded a patch and i now have a new Checksum.

Want to tell us what changed?
1.4.1 has been released.

Status
Not open for further replies.