Europa Universalis IV to Get Immersion Pack "Third Rome"

• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
I hope we will see some improvements in the order of importance of those Muscovite missions! Historically, Muscovy is supposed to eat all the small principalities before attacking Novgorod. I'm tired of Golden Horde vassalizing Ryazan and force-converting Russian clay into Sunni.
Wrong. Novgorod was annexed in 1478, then, as Tver in 1485 and Ryazan in 1521.

Lmao.

Ottomans does not have a single mission about Rome but Russia is 3rd Rome ?!?! I do not think no sane historian takes Russian claim to Rome seriously considering they had absolutely 0 connection to Rome except a Royal Marriage with one of the late Byzantine dynasties which Ottomans also had. Ottomans inherited architectural, musical, and pretty much all artistic styles of Rome, political institutions, and court culture. I don't know whose idea was this ridiculous immersion pack.

Or is this the shallowness of relating whole legacy of Rome to christianity so very ignorantly, even though Rome was originally pagan, and its continuation has been cultural, institutional, and geographical, but never religious.

Lmao.

Ottomans does not have a single mission about Rome but Russia is 3rd Rome ?!?! I do not think no sane historian takes Russian claim to Rome seriously considering they had absolutely 0 connection to Rome except a Royal Marriage with one of the late Byzantine dynasties which Ottomans also had. Ottomans inherited architectural, musical, and pretty much all artistic styles of Rome, political institutions, and court culture. I don't know whose idea was this ridiculous immersion pack.

Or is this the shallowness of relating whole legacy of Rome to christianity so very ignorantly, even though Rome was originally pagan, and its continuation has been cultural, institutional, and geographical, but never religious.
It's just a DLC-name... Not a dickcontest which Rome deserves this DLC-name.

Lmao.

LMAO

Ottomans are already the most overpowered nation in the game, practically impossible to beat 1-on-1, with tons of unique events and flavor.

Third Rome does not necessarily mean the "Third Roman Empire." You can notice that after the fall of Constantinople, the orthodox church didn't have a religious center anymore as it was converted into a mosque under the Ottomans. This led many orthodox christians to nominate Moscow as the third Rome, in the sense of center of orthodox religion. Russia gladly took this opportunity to become a orthodox equivalent of the Ottomans, or HRE, or whichever Empire. I don't see anything questionable about this DLC. Russia needed a bit more flavor, and the orthodox mechanics were desperate for reform.

Last edited:
Simple. EU4 price in the steam store recently jumped 2 times for the russian steam users. It seems that all DLC prices also jumped. I have no idea is it intentional or is it some sort of bug, but this is not good for us ...

For real? What's the price? It's 39,99 eur for me, but i can swear i paid a lot less for base game. Don't remember if it was discount though.

Simple. EU4 price in the steam store recently jumped 2 times for the russian steam users. It seems that all DLC prices also jumped. I have no idea is it intentional or is it some sort of bug, but this is not good for us ...

Well, when game with one dlc costs as much as buy-to-play mmo i think i should reconsider my spendings yet again...