Europa Universalis IV to Get Immersion Pack "Third Rome"

• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Sort of like the story packs of Stellaris then? I think it'd a good idea. Russia could do with a lookover too, just make sure they don't end up becoming OP compared tot he commonwealth.

An error snuck into the announcement. For reasons: What is called "Patriarchs" in the announcement was decided to be called "Metropolitans" instead

didn't see this coming. nice

so, first hungary gets rework and special units (i know manchu banners were first but im talking about the region) now russians, so next patch poland gets real winged hussars? :D

so, first hungary gets rework and special units (i know manchu banners were first but im talking about the region) now russians, so next patch poland gets real winged hussars? :D

Are you sure you would be happy with winged hussars who will cost 2.5 times more to maintain (it will be, like, 1.25 per regiment) and will deal +10% shock damage?
Cause every streltsy regiment costs 0.57 to maintain every month and deal only 10% fire damage :)

All cool and great, but you failed to address the most important thing about this region - will the greatest empire of Perm rightfully receive some units in the upcoming content pack?

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Third_Rome#Ottoman_claims
The first Rome was Pagan, second one was Christian and the third one was Muslim :)

Paradox are not commenting on the validity of the Russian claim to be the "Third Rome" any more than they comment on the Ottoman claim. The concept of being a "Third Rome" was a common piece of Russian rhetoric at the time. This has nothing to do with the Ottomans and whether they can be called "Roman". It is about a particular Russian self-conceptualisation that makes a cool expansion title.

Besides, the Ottomans just claimed the title of Kayser-i Rum; they never saw themselves as a "Third" Rome at all. They just saw themselves as having taken the title from the Byzantines, and were thus acting (in that capacity) as a continuation of Rome, not a third Roman state.

Thanks for good news.
Now something, I want to say about trailer:
1) sound of marching soldiers is some kind of anachronism - before Peter the Great such aesthetics was unfamiliar for Russia, due to nature of it's army.
2) Church bells could suit much better - "Third Rome" after all is mainly a religious concept.
3) "Muskovites" in fact never called themselves in this way. It is the term, originating from Poland, and due to the fact of the great mutual love of Russia and Poland... Well, you get the idea.

Are you sure you would be happy with winged hussars who will cost 2.5 times more to maintain (it will be, like, 1.25 per regiment) and will deal +10% shock damage?
Cause every streltsy regiment costs 0.57 to maintain every month and deal only 10% fire damage :)
on the second thought ill pass but well, you know, those units aren't mandatory