Europa Universalis IV to Get Immersion Pack "Third Rome"

• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

BjornB

★Community Manager★
Paradox Staff
81 Badges
Apr 2, 2012
  • March of the Eagles
  • For the Motherland
  • Hearts of Iron III
  • Hearts of Iron III: Their Finest Hour
  • Heir to the Throne
  • Impire
  • King Arthur II
  • Knights of Pen and Paper +1 Edition
  • Leviathan: Warships
  • The Kings Crusade
  • Magicka
  • Majesty 2
  • Majesty 2 Collection
  • For The Glory
  • Europa Universalis III Complete
  • Naval War: Arctic Circle
  • Europa Universalis IV: Res Publica
  • Victoria: Revolutions
  • Rome Gold
  • Semper Fi
  • Ship Simulator Extremes
  • Sword of the Stars
  • Sword of the Stars II
  • Teleglitch: Die More Edition
  • Starvoid
  • Crusader Kings II: Sword of Islam
  • Ancient Space
  • Arsenal of Democracy
  • Cities in Motion
  • Cities in Motion 2
  • Crusader Kings II
  • Crusader Kings II: Charlemagne
  • Crusader Kings II: Legacy of Rome
  • Crusader Kings II: The Old Gods
  • Crusader Kings II: Rajas of India
  • Crusader Kings II: The Republic
  • Crusader Kings II: Sons of Abraham
  • Crusader Kings II: Sunset Invasion
  • A Game of Dwarves
  • Commander: Conquest of the Americas
  • Darkest Hour
  • Deus Vult
  • Dungeonland
  • Europa Universalis III
  • Europa Universalis III Complete
  • Divine Wind
  • The Showdown Effect
  • Europa Universalis IV: Conquest of Paradise
  • Europa Universalis IV: Wealth of Nations
  • Europa Universalis IV: Call to arms event
3rd_rome.png

A Tsar is Born. Can You Bring Third Rome to Glory?
STOCKHOLM - May 12, 2017 - For 500 years, the princes of Russia have kept the faith. Through civil wars and Mongol conquest, the word of God has not just survived, but has united our people. Those princes who embrace the church will find glory, those who turn their back will be cast to dust. There have been two Romes, and both have fallen. Muscovy is the third.

There shall be no fourth.

Paradox Interactive and Paradox Development Studio are thrilled to announce Europa Universalis IV: Third Rome. The first immersion pack for the best-selling historical strategy game introduces a wealth of region-specific content, and takes a deeper look at one of the greatest powers of the early modern era – Russia. Russian cultured nations will find new interactions for their government and the Orthodox Patriarchate, deepening the experience of playing this rich and fascinating region.

Russia now gets two unique governments, with special abilities that allows them to tighten their grip on power. Use your administrative ability to reduce provincial autonomy. Call on your diplomatic resources to suppress incipient revolts. Use your military resources to quickly recruit streltsy units for your army. Rule with the iron fist that comes with a divine blessing.

Features of Europa Universalis IV: Third Rome include:
  • Tsardoms and Principalities: New ranks of Russian government with new abilities and, for Tsars, strong bonuses including the right to claim entire States – not just provinces
  • Iconography: Commission great religious icons for the Orthodox Church, boosting your empire’s power depending on the saint you choose to revere
  • Metropolitans: Consecrate highly developed provinces with Metropolitans, adding to the authority of the Orthodox Church, but for a cost.
  • Streltsy: Special Russian soldiers that excel in combat, but raise the cost of stabilizing your empire
  • Siberian Frontier: Russia can slowly colonize uninhabited border regions, with no fear of native uprisings
  • New Graphics: Includes three full unit packs and new portraits for Eastern Europe.
As usual, Third Rome will be accompanied by a free update to Europa Universalis IV, available for everyone who owns the base game.

- Edit: Patriarchs renamed to Metropolitans

Last edited:
Cool

This sounds really cool, just wish a release date had come with the announcement :p

Love that Russia will be able to claim whole states rather than just territories. Kinda hope it isn't exclusive to them and is an option for other countries though.

So you start focussing on specific regions now and don't add content all over the place? Thats good I guess.

If these Immersion packs now cost between 4,99 and 9,99$ and not more I'm happy with that.

• Tsardoms and Principalities: New ranks of Russian government with new abilities and, for Tsars, strong bonuses including the right to claim entire States – not just provinces
  • Iconography: Commission great religious icons for the Orthodox Church, boosting your empire’s power depending on the saint you choose to revere
  • Patriarchs: Consecrate highly developed provinces with Patriarchs, adding to the authority of the Orthodox Church, but for a cost.
  • Streltsy: Special Russian soldiers that excel in combat, but raise the cost of stabilizing your empire
  • Siberian Frontier: Russian nations can slowly colonize uninhabited border regions, with no fear of native uprisings
  • New Graphics: Includes three full unit packs and new portraits for Eastern Europe.

Interesting. Not too OP?

Wait. It feels like some HEATHEN mechanic when you choose patron deity...

Interesting. But without bonuses of Orthodox - unknow effect.

Yeah, 10% fire damage of streltsy compared to 10% discipline of Banners. But i'm not good in history of Asia, so, maybe, okay...

Good. Good. Considering how often Russians fight natives during colonisation...

GREAT!

But, again, we see how EU4 goes Civ6. First with ages and golden age, second with selling us nations...
I hope that you consulted some reliable historian from Russia at least (not me ofc).

Great job <3

The idea is to make a smaller expansion type with a clear focus. More information to come!

Wouldn't this count as a 2nd Immersion Pack after Purple Pheonix?

Also considering I don't really play majors; neither do I play super-super hard starts like Russian minors; I'm probobly skipping this. I just don't play in the region.

Ottoman Empire doesn't have any single missions or events about Italy region, Castle of Otranto or The Rome itself, while you call Russia as Third Rome.

I can only say; LMAO.

Well done Pdx. Keep on like this. It is a perfect way.

With new mini-DLCs in the vein of the preorder DLCs being made, does this mean the American Dream content, particularly the unique governments, is going to be restored?