Europa Universalis IV to Get Immersion Pack "Third Rome"

• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Will you please fix American Dream???

Please focus on this Immersion pack in this thread.

- We intend to make more of these going forward. If you have requests for what we should do next, please make your own suggestion thread.
- Requests or questions about stuff that is not even related to Immersion packs also belongs in it's own thread, or already created threads on related topics.

Thank you!

If only one of the new features included the current culture conversion cost bonus... I'll lament the loss of that from the Russian idea group. I'd even take that over the institution spread bonus shown in the new Patriarchy system.

Yes, I know that sounds crazy, but by the looks of things the institution spread bonus won't be available when you actually need it (Renaissance, Colonialism, Printing Press). We all know how easy it is to get the last three institutions. Conversely, by late-game culture conversion really starts to shine, given the bonus from Enlightenment. Being able to stack on that would be awesome.

That complaint aside, this looks like a rather intriguing DLC.

This look amazing. And timing is not bad. Although, yesterday would be better, as it was the anniversary of the Second Rome founding ;)
Speaking about the further immersion packs. Will you make one for Byzantium. I know that there is already a Purple Phoenix. But looking at those features, I do think that Byzantium does deserve an upgrade.

"Muscovites", meh.
Looks intriguing, but we need to wait for release.
Things that concern me:
- using monarch points to interact with new mechanics. Russia don't have a lot of extra points to spare.
- corruption don't used for hiring streltsy regiments. It could make synergy between Russian NI and new mechanic. Strange decision.
- if streltsy would be used until end of the game this would be real anachronism.

By the way, i hope red color used for highlight streltsy regiment. It will be disappointing otherwise. ;)

That's not Slavic, that's originally Chinese, later adopted by Turks and Mongols. The various colored Rus' names don't appear in Russian until Russians have learned cartography from Westerners. The European cartographers were also not always aware of the meaning of those colours. E.g. the speculating that the terms Black and White Hungary signified the skin tone of their inhabitants.

Moreover one of the earlier European definitions of white Rus include Kiev, which fits neither the conception of northern nor western Rus, being directly east of Red Rus and considering as well that White Rus ended up being south of Black (Neman river) Rus.

All in all deriving the colored names of Rus from the Chinese/Nomadic tradition is baseless at best.
- isnt it was based on land ownership? Black ruthenia - lithuania, red ruthenia - poland, white ruthenia - russia.

Can we please have all countries with a primary culture in the East Slavic group have their name written on the map in a faux Cyrillic font?
- oh god please no!:mad:

Russia is one of the areas I like to play in the vanilla game as they a lot of expansion potential and an interesting position, so I welcome this flavour expansion for the region.

Why? Different Streltsy Regiments had different colors...
Because its original color of Moscow streltsy regiment. Because Moscow regiments was the biggest. Because it's unique, recognizable style. Because red color mean a lot for russians.
They used USSR-like marching in trailer, but can't make streltsy used red color? Oh, come on.

I mean highlight like here:
index.php

Last edited:
The idea is to make a smaller expansion type with a clear focus. More information to come!
I like this idea! I like it a lot!!
Shorter wait times in between Patches with smaller content updates that are heavily focused and come with you to packs is much more appealing than waiting six months for an expansion in my opinion.
I'm interested to see who the packs cover