Europa Universalis IV: The Cossacks announced!

• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Exploration and colonization started before 1517 and cannot be handled by CK2.

Arguments for a date in between 1444-1492 I at least understand, even if I disagree.
At the moment no, but there was very little colony building before 1512, the portuguese were more into establishing protectorates and the spanish did most of their early "colonisation" by conquest (some scholars even claim that the reason for spainsintrest in the new world is that they needed new infidels to fight after the end of the reconquista) Everything beyond that could be handled by event. No what's really needed isn't colonosation mechanic but an exploration one. And quite frankly EU4 doesn't handle the early exploration era well either. It's impossible to discover the land route and eastern sea route to india before the americas are discovered, but that's what happened in reality. Then again most of the problems eu4 has with exploration and colonisation it owes to the skewed map projection.

Reactions:
Reactions:
=( That pretty much means no ck2 dlcs this year. It's been a bad ck2 year. One measly DLC and it basically broke the game.
Uh why would that mean no more CK2 dlc this year? Pretty sure they already said that they were aiming to get it out by december or so. Or at least heavily implied it.

Uh why would that mean no more CK2 dlc this year? Pretty sure they already said that they were aiming to get it out by december or so. Or at least heavily implied it.
There will be one more. EU4 and CK2 DLC cycles are not related.
The lack of official forum announcement + no dev diary (or recent Wiz post for that matter) has me worried.
For what?

They said there would be devdiaries up until december. Nothign on an actual release. Them releasing two dlcs within a month of each other seems unlikely they'd be competing with themselves for sale.

There will be one more. EU4 and CK2 DLC cycles are not related.

Last I looked all we had confirmed was that there would be dev diaries up until december. Everything else is speculation.