Europa Universalis IV: Rights of Man is now available!

• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

BjornB

★Community Manager★
Paradox Staff
81 Badges
Apr 2, 2012
  • March of the Eagles
  • For the Motherland
  • Hearts of Iron III
  • Hearts of Iron III: Their Finest Hour
  • Heir to the Throne
  • Impire
  • King Arthur II
  • Knights of Pen and Paper +1 Edition
  • Leviathan: Warships
  • The Kings Crusade
  • Magicka
  • Majesty 2
  • Majesty 2 Collection
  • For The Glory
  • Europa Universalis III Complete
  • Naval War: Arctic Circle
  • Europa Universalis IV: Res Publica
  • Victoria: Revolutions
  • Rome Gold
  • Semper Fi
  • Ship Simulator Extremes
  • Sword of the Stars
  • Sword of the Stars II
  • Teleglitch: Die More Edition
  • Starvoid
  • Crusader Kings II: Sword of Islam
  • Ancient Space
  • Arsenal of Democracy
  • Cities in Motion
  • Cities in Motion 2
  • Crusader Kings II
  • Crusader Kings II: Charlemagne
  • Crusader Kings II: Legacy of Rome
  • Crusader Kings II: The Old Gods
  • Crusader Kings II: Rajas of India
  • Crusader Kings II: The Republic
  • Crusader Kings II: Sons of Abraham
  • Crusader Kings II: Sunset Invasion
  • A Game of Dwarves
  • Commander: Conquest of the Americas
  • Darkest Hour
  • Deus Vult
  • Dungeonland
  • Europa Universalis III
  • Europa Universalis III Complete
  • Divine Wind
  • The Showdown Effect
  • Europa Universalis IV: Conquest of Paradise
  • Europa Universalis IV: Wealth of Nations
  • Europa Universalis IV: Call to arms event
unnamed.jpg

Free Your Mind Today With Europa Universalis IV: Rights of Man

New Expansion to Paradox Strategy Classic Available Now

STOCKHOLM – 11 October 2016 – Paradox Interactive and Paradox Development Studio announce the release of Rights of Man, a new expansion to Europa Universalis IV, the best-selling historical strategy game about exploration, colonization, and development through the early modern era.

The latest expansion to Europa Universalis IV lets the world’s eight greatest powers throw their weight around with new diplomatic options, including forcing others to break their alliances or giving friendly foreign monarchs a boost to their stats. But becoming a Great Power means balancing expansion with technological prowess and development.

Rights of Man includes:
  • Great Powers: Greatness is rewarded with new ways to interact with the lesser nations around you.

• Ruler Personalities: Your monarchs acquire Personality Traits that will help or hurt your nation, and help you anticipate the behavior of neighboring nations

• Leader Traits: Generals and admirals can earn bonus abilities through combat

• New Governing Tools: Debase your currency for quick cash, spend military power to increase your legitimacy, abdicate the throne or disinherit inconvenient heirs

• Queen Regency: Queens can rule in the name of young heirs, with greater power than normal regencies

• Religious Changes: Coptic Christians and African Fetishists have new systems, deepening the strategy for these faith groups

• New Government Systems: Ruling Prussia, the Ottomans or Revolutionary Republics will be new experiences since is each getting another look and new mechanics
As always, Rights of Man’s release is accompanied by a free update for all Europa Universalis IV owners, and this one may be our biggest yet with a complete overhaul of two major game systems – technological progress and cultural acceptance, plus other updates that apply to owners of certain other expansions.

Europa Universalis IV: Rights of Man is available on major digital platforms and the official Paradox Store for the price of $19.99.

Last edited:
Reactions:
That moment when you have to wait another week for the bank to issue you a new debit card.
But it's ok. I will wait. We have known each other for a long time, you and me, EU. We've been through everything and even if I wasn't always there you know I have been faithful and in spite of all the bugs and problems we had over the years I never stopped playing you. I will wait. For this is what we do. We wait and we chase and we suffer the little evils life displays to us. A week. A month. A lifetime. It wouldn't really matter EU. It really wouldn't. For nothing else matters.

Reactions:
Have fun betatesting y'all! I'll wait for the obligatory hotfixes.

Reactions:
Very dissapointed in the price tag. The new expansion for Endless legend has a -25% discount for prepurchase.

And their bosses are SEGA, widely known for their dlc-whoring. If Sega is being more customer friendly, you have an issue

Reactions:
Tragically despite the great feature list this is going to be the first DLC for EUIV that I don't buy instantly. £14.99 just seems too much for DLC such as this no matter the feature set. I complained bitterly about the Beast Lords DLC for Warhammer: Total War being around the same price and that actually had a new separate campaign and entirely new army roster (although both were admittedly fairly mediocre).

The previous DLC for EUIV Mare Nostrum for £10.99 was the only one I've bought where I actually felt ripped off and this seems to be following a worrying price inflation trend.

Conversely I picked up Reapers Due for CK2 for £7.50 and felt entirely happy with that purchase and what I received.

I'm writing this because I always been a huge paradox fan-boy and tried to get as many of my gaming friends as possible into Grand Strategy (they'll thank me eventually) but with price points like this I don't feel as comfortable recommending it to others.

Reactions: