Europa Universalis IV - Open Beta Release of 1.19 Denmark Patch - Checksum 8680 - Use at own Risk

• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Love the new Golden Horde colour but shame on you for keeping Prussia grey (hint, it's a Beta, fix it please)

edit: and Shirvan <3

Will never happen in the eu series.

Reactions:
Prussia's gray, Venice's blue and OE's green are the pillars on EU is build :D .

Reactions:
- Courthouse & Town Halls no longer affect unrest but instead reduce state maintainance by 25% and 50% respectively.

It's a shame for me that there is now another building that only increases money. These buildings like temple & workshop don't need a real decision from the player it's more a mathematical question whether they are profitable until the end of the game.
I personally liked the unrest reduction mechanic. I know nobody else uses these buildings because they were to expensive but I'm more like a builder and not always fighting. So my army maintenace is usually down. With a hundred of troops you can save 40 gold per month. So for me there was a real decision. Shall I raise maintenace for some month to suppress the rebels but this might cost more gold than building the courthouse. Or if it's in a region far away I don't want to put an army there. There was something to think about. Now it's only a boring mathematical question that could even be automated to reduce micromagement... :-(

Reactions:
- The Converter will not work with this version
Will that be fixed? Because I'm running a CKII game at the moment and had planned on converting it to 1.19.

Love the new Golden Horde colour but shame on you for keeping Prussia grey (hint, it's a Beta, fix it please)

edit: and Shirvan <3
Wait what color is golden horde now?
EDIT: Read a bit more. Golden Horde is gone? D: Is it a formable? What is happening to the sprites?

Reactions:
Will that be fixed? Because I'm running a CKII game at the moment and had planned on converting it to 1.19.

That's the plan, but making it work with both 1.18 and the 1.19 beta branch at the same time is hard ;)

Reactions:
EDIT: Read a bit more. Golden Horde is gone? D: Is it a formable? What is happening to the sprites?
Ok, so I downloaded the beta and tried it out. I really like the GH ideas. Makes it seem like it is a good idea to reform it, especially if you plan on staying a horde.
@Trin Tragula Would it be possible to make it so that the new reformable GH uses the Great Horde units? disappointing to form it and lose the models, and I feel like the Golden Horde units would be most appropriate for using for... Golden Horde.

Reactions:
@Trin Tragula Would it be possible to make it so that the new reformable GH uses the Great Horde units? disappointing to form it and lose the models, and I feel like the Golden Horde units would be most appropriate for using for... Golden Horde.

That'd definitely be a good idea.

Reactions:
Also, Prussia still uses Vanilla Tier 2s rather than the Brandenburg tier 2s :p
I'll stop incessantly posting now

Reactions:
Tried a Dithmarschen game and Austria was still CTAed when I declared a claim war on Hamburg? It says I'm part of the HRE so whats happening here?

Reactions:
Still no changes about Protectorates breaking free after imbreacing institutions? :( Will this be fixed/changed in the next patch (1.20)? "Protectorates" is a very strange mechanic in 1.18/1.19 IMO, because it doesn't work well with institutions.

Reactions:
@Trin Tragula Are provinces/tags/borders still subject to change in this beta? Or are viable suggestions from the last couple of weeks taken into account for patches somewhere in the future, so not for 1.19?

@Trin Tragula Are provinces/tags/borders still subject to change in this beta? Or are viable suggestions from the last couple of weeks taken into account for patches somewhere in the future, so not for 1.19?

Provinces are considered pretty final for 1.19 :) We listen to map feedback as we always have though, some things might change in the future but I cannot say when.

Reactions:
AI will now remember not to core provinces or integrate nations that decisions told them not to when saving/loading.

Does this have to do with the Ottos turning Crimea into a vassal (from being a march) and then integrating them? Thus prohibiting them from doing so? Or am I completely wrong?

Any chance of an institutions map mode in the patch at the save screen especially for multiplayer games? It would be really helpful to see the institution spread in multiplayer saves before picking a nation.

Reactions:

And the colour is a beautiful golden yellow, much nicer than Castile/Spain yellow

Attachments

• 236850_screenshots_20161110121642_1.jpg
    236850_screenshots_20161110121642_1.jpg
    72,4 KB · Views: 3.691
Reactions:
Could you show us new Golden Horde ideas?

Traditions: National Manpower Modifier +25%, Land Maintenance Modifier -10%
Ideas: Yearly Horde Unity +1, Core-Creation Cost -25%, Cavalry Combat Ability +20%, Provincial Trade Modifier +10%, Manpower Recovery Speed +20%, Development Cost -10%, Tolerance of Heathens +2
Ambition: institution spread +10%

Reactions:
You glorious bastards! This patch is going to be super. Can't wait to finally build those choke-points using forts, now that they don't cost me an arm, a leg, a kidney, and a piece of my liver.

Reactions:
Status
Not open for further replies.