• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

Regina

Lt. General
5 Badges
Jan 29, 2008
www.paradoxdevelopmentstudio.com
  • Majesty 2
  • 500k Club
  • Crusader Kings II: Holy Knight (pre-order)
  • Europa Universalis III: Collection
  • Europa Universalis: Rome Collectors Edition
Hey there everyone!

Just in case you haven´t seen the stickies,
here is the Europa Universalis IV manual so you can prepare for the release tomorrow :)

cheers,
regina

Europa Universalis IV Beginners Guide
EuropaUniversalisIV_Beginners Guide.pdf

Europa Universalis IV manual:

English --- French -- German - Spanish
EuropaUniversalisIV_Manual.pdf EuropaUniversalisIV_Manual_French.pdf EuropaUniversalisIV_Manual_German.pdf EuropaUniversalisIV_Manual_Spanish.pdf

Changes between Europa Universalis III and Europa Universalis IV
EU4_vs_EU3_Summary.pdf

Conquest of Paradise
View attachment EuropaUniversalisIV_ConquestofParadise_Manual.pdf

Wealth of Nations
EUIV_Wealth of Nations_Manual_EN.pdf

Res Publica
EUIV_Res Publica_Manual.pdf

Art of War
http://cdn.akamai.steamstatic.com/s...s/EUIV_Art_of_War_Manual_Eng.pdf?t=1414747537

Last edited by a moderator:
Is this the same as the one that¨s been available on Steam for the past week or so?

Thanks for this. I was flicking through it though and came across this; "This map [manpower map] displays the manpower available in your provinces. Yellow provinces have the most available men for your armies. Dark red provinces have an average number of men. Light red provinces boast very few men of military age."

Perhaps it's just me but I would have assumed that the darker red would represent a more dire situation than a lighter red.

I enjoyed reading the EU3-4 comparison document. It's always fun to read developer justifications for all the changes, makes me understand them better.

Thanks for the manual, I just read the german version, but now I have some concerns.
You translated overextension with "Überschuldung", but I don't think this is the right translation, because "Überschuldung" means indebtedness. What you mean would be better: "Übergröße" or "Größenwahn", because your country is to big.

Then on page 26, the subtext for the picture isn't correct. You wright about one red, two yellow and two green alerts but on the picture there are one red, one yellow and three green.

And for last, I'd like to read about "Personalunions", I tried one time in the demo, but it didn't really worked out for me. So extra information in the manual would be great.

Maybe you could rework the pdf? I don't know how difficult this would be, to do and distribute around.

Greetings
Voigt