• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

IIWW

Field Marshal
13 Badges
Dec 20, 2013
  • Europa Universalis IV
  • Europa Universalis IV: Art of War
  • Europa Universalis IV: Conquest of Paradise
  • Europa Universalis IV: Wealth of Nations
  • Magicka
  • Europa Universalis IV: Res Publica
  • Cities: Skylines
  • Europa Universalis IV: El Dorado
  • Europa Universalis IV: Common Sense
  • Europa Universalis IV: Cossacks
  • Hearts of Iron IV Sign-up
  • Stellaris Sign-up
  • Europa Universalis IV: Third Rome
Hey guys, I made the EU4 logo in 3D (so You can print it, not just a graphic).
Simple Version
A bit more complex version
1661860_982670711766967_1228706427067983479_n.jpg

To the questions which might be asked:
Whats the difference between "simple" and "a bit more complex" versions?
Simple version lacks text ("Europa Universalis IV" written around the logo, and my nick "IIWW" inside).
So, which one should I take?
Not every printer can print fine details like text, so it is entirely dependent on Your technical possibilities.
I don't have 3D printer.
Well, not actually a question, but nevertheless: few people do. But there are quite a lot of 3D printers available for general use (of course not for free, but the price isn't extreme; I printed a few things myself).
What are the dimensions?
It's a circle with diameter of aproximately 85 mm (3,35 inch) and height of 8,5 mm (0,33 inch).
What is it good for?
Well, You can put it on Your desk, on a wall, in Your pocket, if You promise not to sue me You can put it up Your nose. Like popplers.
What format is it in?
.stl.
Can You provide an .ipt format of this?
No. It's gross, I'd not show the "model tree" (Autodesk inventor users knows what I mean) since it's unprofessionally overgrown. I'm satisfied with the effect, but a bit uncomfortable about the process.
Man, this is just few triangles in a circle.
Yup. Nothing more, nothing less. I'm not saying it's extremly hard work, but it ain't exactly "just a few clicks".
It's not very acurate logo...
If I had a high resolution one to begin with, it would be better. But one have to work with what he gets. If someone would be able to provide high-res version, I'll gladly make a 3D model from that.
Man, thats awesome! Are You planing on doing more of this?
Thanks. Yes, if reception of this one would be good I'm gonna do more.
Curently my ideas/plans are: the Coat of arms (simpler one, just the frame, with possibility to put a piece of paper (actual CoA, a photo, whatever) inside it; PDS logo (God, how complex is that? Thank God for spline!).
Would You do a model on demand?
If it's connected to EU4 - post proposition, I can't promise nothing. If it's not: I won't do it for free ;).
What about copyrights?
Obviously I do not have copyrights to EU4 logo in any form. To this one though, I own credits. Since You have it for free the least You can do is give me those :). Well, mostly free, since You still have to pay for printing it.
But it doesn't have colours, is it possible to add them?
Yes. The method to do it is known as "painting" and requires a paint and a brush. Puting them on 3D model would be pointless, since colour print is way more expensive, and the gains are relatively small.
Where did You get the idea from?
Many games have some figures etc. added as bonus. There isn't really a lot of things I could make model of (beside unit models, but thats a very "maybe" since it's hard by itself, and making it 3D printer compatible would make it an extreme job).

Thanks for both reading and possible support/feedback. I hope at least a few people would like that.

Reactions:
Reactions:
Cool projects!

Can you make a 3D Byzantium?
And here it is.
Dimensions: height 10 mm, width 47 mm, lenght 70,55mm.
BTW I can recomend Cubex software for resing, if You want to. Extremly simple and free tool.
Byzantium Flag 3D
11402808_982994928401212_7412042096431248230_n.jpg

Reactions:
Reactions:
This is awesome :)
Thank You. As for the Coat of Arms, it would be tommorow, I made the model itself, but I need to make assembly intructions and haven't exactly have time to do it :)

Ok, I finished the picture frame, I must warn You, it's a bit large printing. 5 parts, For assembly You'll need some glue, and a knife (surgical or any other small one, like for plastic models) wouldn't hurt (although when You look at it literaly, it actually can, but shhhh...)
10295309_984266441607394_7107847940405520311_o.jpg

EU4 Coat of Arms shield picture frame
Total dimensions:
Height: 220 mm
Width: 165 mm
Lenght: 170 mm