Europa Universalis IV: Leviathan coming April 27th 2021

• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
It’s pretty barren as an expansion, if it was priced as an immersion pack I might consider it, but at this price I won’t.

Most of the content is designer focused, no real new mechanic. And with the way you abandoned 1.30, leaving it filled with bugs I will not reward you with purchasing this in the near future.

• 1Like
Reactions:
So no bug fixing... Paradox really have stopped trying to improve eu4, just milking the player base for cash.

I won't be buying any more paradox problems till they fix the bugs introduced in 1.30

Giving bug fixes for free is boycott worthy, but selling them in expansions is good?

• 1Like
Reactions:
Giving bug fixes for free is boycott worthy, but selling them in expansions is good?
tfw you don't read any of the material that would actually say whether they're fixing bugs or not and instead takes issue with the bugfixes not being included in a feature list for a paid dlc.

• 1Like
Reactions:
It’s pretty barren as an expansion, if it was priced as an immersion pack I might consider it, but at this price I won’t.

Most of the content is designer focused, no real new mechanic. And with the way you abandoned 1.30, leaving it filled with bugs I will not reward you with purchasing this in the near future.
Seems from the Dev Diaries the bulk of the actual content is the SEA/Pacific content, so Iwas really confused when that war buried down in the bullet-points but the new favour actions got headlined. I think they've gotten scared of contents packs due to the power creep and bad mechanics in the three they made earning bad responses.

Reactions:
So a new DLC that is clearly more an immersion pack is coming out for 20 euros after the disaster that emperor was. That expansion was the one everyone waited and it wasn't tested even remotly enough so i can't imagine anything good for this new one. It has been said in previous DD there are more than 500 bug fixes, still i don't believe any of them will be effective because:
A) you tried multiple times to fix existing issues like debt spiral, money in peace deals, AI sieging siberia when objective is Portugal and many more without success.
B) your "announcement" of 500 bug fixes are 2 lines drowned in a dev diary, where 3 UI bugs are highlighted. Wtf UI bugs? Aside from the UI not scaling much for really high resolutions i think the community would be much happier with other bugfixes. Imagine if you only hinted "we are successfully working on fixing the debt spiral", i would throw you money on this DLC just for the sake of watching you acknowledge your failed promises.
C) Even if i pretended believing in you fixing everything you left behind i am expecting new bugs coming out on day one release of this expansion just to justify your next dlc (with a free patch with no QoL obviousely).
I mean, why should i still trust you for this project? I was on the hype train multiple times for new DLCs and most of them actually brought more problems that overshadowed any fresh and good added features.

And talking about QoL improvements not being on the free patch but on the DLC i am one of the user defending your idea. But those QoL MUST work properly, otherwise it is close to a scam. Again like asking gold in peace deals. Imagine if you asked 20 euros for your DLC but the Cart on Paradox Store was broken, showing 20 euros but actually charging for 10. Yep, terrible isn't it?

I still love EU4 though, just a tiny less. I'm just scared on what else will be thrown at us without any testing just because a lot of fan will still give you money and believe on everything you say blindly.

• 1Haha
Reactions:
Paradox, to the public: we solved more than 500 bug fixes.
Paradox, internally: most of them are localisation typos, an the rest of them are some ui bugs, but they give us a big number and thats good

• 3Haha
Reactions:
Name exactly 3 "bugs" you would like to see fixed.
Just joining in on the fun :D
  1. John Calvin event chain
  2. Overlords with DoTF not joining war when someone declares on their subjects
  3. The most important:
    1617194931903.png
I can probably list 500 bugs to be honest.

• 7Like
Reactions:
You're one of my favorite users here and I agree with most of what you say, but this one was just asking to have someone put your foot in your mouth for you.
I wasn't being snarky about it, it was a genuine question made in good faith, I really wanted to know exactly which bugs people are so concerned about, since i haven't come across any impactful ones myself.

If it was the quotation marks on bugs that made my question come across as contentious, that wasn't the intention. I did it was because often people call oversights, typos, and balance issues "bugs", which isn't really the meaning of the word, hence the quote.

Last edited:
  • 1Haha
Reactions:
So is that confirmed? They are rewarding tall players with a couple options to exchange reform progress for governing capacity. That doesn't look promising at all.
Monuments and concentrating dev might be interesting though.
And of all changes the most important one is the carpet siege button IMO. Please let it be working properly. Please.
You know what. I'm already anticipating 50 1k stacks engaging a proper hostile army one by one. Or taking attrition all at once and never actually being able to siege a single province. Maybe devs are smart enough to reduce attrition to zero for 1k stacks? We'll see.

• 1Like
Reactions:
I wasn't being snarky about it, it was a genuine question made in good faith, I really wanted to know exactly which bugs people are so concerned about.

If it was the quotation marks on bugs that made my question seem contentious, it was because often people call oversights, typos, and balance issues "bugs", which isn't really the meaning of the word.

Sadly, as a person that works on this field, i know too well that everything, from typo, to oversights, to balance issues will end up qualified as bugs then throwed into a bag of "look how much we worked".

Unless paradox releases a list of the bugs they fixed, im going to assume that 90% of the bugfixes were for minor, irrelevant stuff that can be clasified as oversights, typos, or balance isues

Reactions:
Sadly, as a person that works on this field, i know too well that everything, from typo, to oversights, to balance issues will end up qualified as bugs then throwed into a bag of "look how much we worked".

Unless paradox releases a list of the bugs they fixed, im going to assume that 90% of the bugfixes were for minor, irrelevant stuff that can be clasified as oversights, typos, or balance isues

They do release a bug fix list with every patch that comes out.

Reactions: