Europa Universalis IV - Hotfix Out Now 1.29.1 (e8b2)

• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

HottestRod

Associate Product Marketing Manager
May 14, 2018
Hi all!

Thank you all for your feedback since the release of the Manchu Update! Our team is working hard to fix some of the most pressing issues tied to the Update. Here are few fixes:

- Fixed replace_path not working with absolute paths
- Changed default display mode to fullscreen
- Bordeless fullscreen display mode now disables resolution selection
- Show warning when running with outdated mods

Please see this infomation about changes to how mods are handled with the new launcher introduced with 1.29 Manchu!

Problem with the Manchu Update? We have created a list of known issues here.

Last edited:
The game was working fine on 1.29, now the game doesn't even start for me with this so called "hotfix". When I launch the game, the loading screen pops up, and then the game closes itself with no error message.

Launcher Crisis
Now what is important about that stuff there?

Mods are still disabling by themselves and if you outplay them by clicking on "Play" before they can disable again, the game just crashes!
I use 16 Mods, and 3 are not "broken". But even after trying them the game crashes.
Just rewind to the old launcher and mod system until the new one isn't a piece of garbage anymore.

I mean, come on, this is going on for days!

[ Yeah we should do something about that ]
+1 Stability, -50 Ducats, -100 Administrative Power, -100 Diplomatic Power, +100 Military Power

[ But it's so fancy and shiny and new ]
-1 Stability, +10 Unrest, -100 Military Power

Last edited:
The game was working fine on 1.29, now the game doesn't even start for me with this so called "hotfix". When I launch the game, the loading screen pops up, and then the game closes itself with no error message.
Hello, this should not be affected by the new hotfix. Since the .exe file got updated, perhaps you are experiencing the same issues as mentioned in this patch, and perhaps their workaround helps you as well?
https://forum.paradoxplaza.com/foru...rk-after-manchu-update.1247264/#post-25831469

Which OS do you use? Are you using any mods? I assume the crash reporter does not appear for you when the game closes itself?

Hello, this should not be affected by the new hotfix. Since the .exe file got updated, perhaps you are experiencing the same issues as mentioned in this patch, and perhaps their workaround helps you as well?
https://forum.paradoxplaza.com/foru...rk-after-manchu-update.1247264/#post-25831469

Which OS do you use? Are you using any mods? I assume the crash reporter does not appear for you when the game closes itself?

Many thanks for the patient and quick response. The linked forum post resolved my problem perfectly!

So hotfix happened, but playing mods that change the map is still dead? Gotcha.

You do not have permission to view this page or perform this action. Please connect your Steam account and Paradox account to gain access. Check our guide on how to do that here!
But I have an account linked

The game is faster when it starts up, but it lags a lot while in-game.

If you revert to 1.28.3 the lag starts by mid-late game, as it has always been.
If you play on 1.29 the lag starts on 11th of November 1444.
Is there a fix for this? Will there be one in the nearly future? I thought the 64bit version of the game would have improved the game performance.

Windows 10 64bit, 16gb RAM, i5-7500 3.40GHz, GTX 1060 6GB ddr5

You do not have permission to view this page or perform this action. Please connect your Steam account and Paradox account to gain access. Check our guide on how to do that here!
But I have an account linked
If you linked the game recently, it could take up to an hour for your owned items to appear. If you're still having trouble please try to resync or file a support ticket with IT. There are some helpful links in my signature.

I've done that and the problem is still there, this problem didn't appear in 1.29 the game was working fine (except the broken launcher and unowned DLCs) but at least it ran, now it just crashes, I've put in a bug report with the crash info in the forum as well if you want to check it out.

Did this break savegame compatibility with no ability to roll back?