Europa Universalis IV: DLC Render Pictures Archive

• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
just 1 suggestion: that FRA cav new (secret) model from Emperor - Cuirassier full armor knight with pistol is unused as it overrides European Cavalry pack - FRA already has cav models, so I am not using this new model at all via mod

could you add some (cavalry only ?) mercenary company (but sth real/authentic inspired by true history which is gold standard for EU4)
or maybe add also other cav tiers for this new merc company?

shame if such nice model would came for nothing

It was actually design for people who got the subscription before its official release. It was a bonus to sign up early.

It was actually design for people who got the subscription before its official release. It was a bonus to sign up early.

Absolutely despise when they do timed releases like this. I want my gosh darn unit model, Paradox.

hmm thanks for info, I did not know that

I do not have subscribtion, nor will I ever have,
the moment there starts to be subscription only exclusive content - I am done with this game

though I don't mind if there is sub model, (maybe good for new players - for trying out) as long as I can buy ALL DLCs the old way,

later I found threads about this that it was intended first to be sub only, but then thanks god PDX reconsidered and it seems they included it with Emperor
but that is another topic

anyway model is very nice and I am gratfeul for it,
though I want to use it somewhere so mercenary company would be I think best opportunity to solve problem of creating duplicate armor for tag that already has armor,

though I am not an history expert and I tried to google something but did not find anything useful,
and of course I could mod some random merc company myself
but I'd like to have it added to base game if possible
also I don't want to do it myself for 'game balance' purposes - I don't have experience with adding 'new' content to game...

I like to learn history from EU IV and not vice versa :D

another idea:
or it could merc company available only in that time area that uses T4 armor, so they don't have to create another 3 new models
idk

Reactions:
Absolutely despise when they do timed releases like this. I want my gosh darn unit model, Paradox.

IndigoRage,​

but I see you have Emperor so I think you have it too, just maybe you have some mods that override it so you don't see it in game?
check if you have it here

Attachments

• EU IV - European Cavalry Unit Pack - Fix Mod - Steam help thread - Imgur.png
    EU IV - European Cavalry Unit Pack - Fix Mod - Steam help thread - Imgur.png
    141,9 KB · Views: 0
  • EU IV - European Cavalry Unit Pack - Fix Mod - Steam help thread - Imgur (2).png
    EU IV - European Cavalry Unit Pack - Fix Mod - Steam help thread - Imgur (2).png
    173,2 KB · Views: 0
  • EU IV - European Cavalry Unit Pack - Fix Mod - Steam help thread - Imgur (1).png
    EU IV - European Cavalry Unit Pack - Fix Mod - Steam help thread - Imgur (1).png
    59 KB · Views: 0
The steam page for Leviathan mentions new unit models for “Indochinese, Indonesian, and Polynesian” countries. Any chance we could get those renders yet?

Last edited:
Reactions:
The steam page for Leviathan mentions new unit models for “Indochinese, Indonesian, and Polynesian” countries. Any chance we could get those tenders yet?
They haven't been shown yet. I was also wondering if the Fillipino's also got unit models. It would be a shame to see them get passed over again.

Separately, can we get the top post of this thread updated, please? It’s no longer accurate and doesn’t include links to renders from Golden Century or Emperor.

Reactions:
One additional question: where on earth do the unique Ayutthaya units come from? I’ve noticed that that country has really old-looking unique unit models. Was that just from the base game? I can’t find any renders online. Here’s hoping that they get updated models because those ones look... not up to the current par.

One additional question: where on earth do the unique Ayutthaya units come from? I’ve noticed that that country has really old-looking unique unit models. Was that just from the base game? I can’t find any renders online. Here’s hoping that they get updated models because those ones look... not up to the current par.

I actually thought they leaked new Ayuthhaya models in the Steam screenshots for Leviathan, so I looked into it. Ayutthaya, among a few other tags, do have unique vanilla units, and that is what I saw on Steam. I did see what I think is a new Polynesian unit on the Steam webpage. I am not sure what that means for new Ayutthaya units.

I actually thought they leaked new Ayuthhaya models in the Steam screenshots for Leviathan, so I looked into it. Ayutthaya, among a few other tags, do have unique vanilla units, and that is what I saw on Steam. I did see what I think is a new Polynesian unit on the Steam webpage. I am not sure what that means for new Ayutthaya units.
Yes, extremely low poly even by early unit model standards. Very strange.

Yes, extremely low poly even by early unit model standards. Very strange.
Right? And given that Ayutthaya is one of THE primary focus nations of this DLC, it would seem odd if players looking to jump in and play Thailand were confronted by potentially the least attractive units in the game.

Reactions:
The Steam screenshot does indeed show an older model. But fear not, Ayutthaya will have a new set of units models in Leviathan, and hopefully we can share them with you soon :)

• 7Like
Reactions:
  • 2Love
Reactions:
Some people seem to get upset about it for whatever reason, but I always look forward to them.
Idk why. I feel like the art DD is one of the few where I can look at it and not immediately be concerned about balance issues lol

Reactions:
Idk why. I feel like the art DD is one of the few where I can look at it and not immediately be concerned about balance issues lol

It more relaxing. You get to actually enjoy the game, rather than trying to think about how the changes might affect gameplay and if anything might need to be balanced.