Europa Universalis IV: DLC Render Pictures Archive

• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
I think I'll still be a bit let down if I still see the prehistoric old generic Eastern European models by the end of this.

All they really need to do is touch them up and slap a shield on the the first tier and find something better for the fourth tier.

All they really need to do is touch them up and slap a shield on the the first tier and find something better for the fourth tier.
Nah, they need a bit more of a face lift than that imo, look at them next to the newer western models from the Denmark patch and you'll see what I mean. They look out of place altogether. In the same vein, a lot of older unique models probably really need a facelift but are unlikely to ever get one.

Nah, they need a bit more of a face lift than that imo, look at them next to the newer western models from the Denmark patch and you'll see what I mean. They look out of place altogether. In the same vein, a lot of older unique models probably really need a facelift but are unlikely to ever get one.

Just an idea, if they wanted to be lazy and add something in the name of making it "new", but yeah, the generic Asian unit model definitely needs to be fixed, but probably will never get it.

EeAJE1x.png

T2 Hungary​

Reactions:
There was also a Savoyard tier 2 shown in the latest clip uploaded to youtube. Didn't get a good look at it though. Close up, but it was from more of a top-down angle.

Reactions:
FJnMewH.png

What is this? It seems like some WIP modell for Hungary. Or just some hired local mercenary band?​
To me it looks like the unit color has to be swapped, because the Black Army (in actual black armor) would look a lot better with red as main color instead of green.

Reactions:
It's unfortunate that these enhancements to the rather dated graphics of EU IV aren't simply added to the game. Well, I can understand that they aren't. But they should be a part of the already stupidly overpriced DLC's that they accompany. The fact that you want 8€ for a unit pack on top of another DLC tells me that you have no concept of what your content is and is not worth. Allow me to also point out that all your content packs has mixed to negative reviews on steam.

Reactions:
It's unfortunate that these enhancements to the rather dated graphics of EU IV aren't simply added to the game. Well, I can understand that they aren't. But they should be a part of the already stupidly overpriced DLC's that they accompany. The fact that you want 8€ for a unit pack on top of another DLC tells me that you have no concept of what your content is and is not worth. Allow me to also point out that all your content packs has mixed to negative reviews on steam.

You do realize that the persons creating this content, regardless of what type, are actual human beings who needs to pay rent, buy food, clothes, etc, etc? On top of that, Paradox is a business that wants to make a buck or two in the end. If you want new stuff for this game, you either need to fork up some ducats or turn to the content the mod community produces or just keep playing the version of the game you have.

The incessant whining about having to pay for content is so tiresome. Whining kills kittens.

• 2Like
Reactions:
On the one side, if Paradox keeps producing unit pack DLC, it's because their data shows people buy them enough to justify having the researchers, modelers and texturers working on it.

Creating a unit pack takes some time. I'm not a good modeler, but I've done my share of basic Blender-ing, and it can be very time consuming. I have been texturing for quite a while and, while my ADHD helps me hyperfocus on that for hours on end, sometimes I wonder where did my day go, with only one decent quality job finished (not accounting for all the research).

So, yeah, it takes time, and time is money.

On the other hand, I think that, for what they are, they are overpriced. Sometimes the research is wonky, sometimes the result is underwhelming. Many can't decide what time period they're exactly portraying, and so you'll find Tier 1 sprites which look like 1400 foot soldiers, others which remind you of 1500 foot knights, others which look way too much like they're in the 1530's, and it's a bit of a mess.

The worst offenders, to me, are the Aragon and Naples early sprites. Side by side, they look like they inhabit totally different centuries, but on top of that, the Aragon sprite is, as far as I can tell, mostly made up, while the Naples one is a generic late Medieval spearman with a GIANT LILLY ON HIS CHEST. I'm quite certain that unit pack was rushed and very little research was made on the early models.

Quality (like in most Paradox DLC) is inconsistent across the board. For every Evangelical Units you have your Mediterranean Portraits.

So I try to only ever buy those unit DLC when they're on sale.

Reactions:
Were does it say that it will cost 8€?

So the patch is pretty soon. When might the unit renders be released?

Also, it's a bit difficult to find the Golden Century renders, since they are in this thread and not in their own linked in the top post.

Sorry, one more thing, I think the older render links got broken by the change to the forums. They're giving me an error.

I don't know when the renders are coming. Although Groogy has said they will try to squeeze them in between today and the patch notes.

As for the links, they still work for me.

Reactions:
I like their hats. They look... tall. The true sign of superiority. The Sardina-Piedmont one in particular looks really good.

I'll see for when we can squeeze in the renders.

These renders will have to come either today or tomorrow ahead of the notes.

My expectation is that they'll drop after the notes regardless of what was said. I don't think releasing the renders are very high priority when they're working on a big patch like this.

Reactions:
Does anybody know if the new units are included int he expansion or are in a separate content pack as usual? I'm asking since I can't see any Emperor content pack on the PI store.