Europa Universalis IV: Developer diary 40 - What is our mission ?

• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Clever boys you know that I would have never touched ironman mode if achievements weren’t attached to it.

I am curious if you can reload when you get annexed, if so I’m going to spend weeks trying in vain to defeat a nigh unstoppable enemy.

I had a love hate relation with missions in the last game, some missions would require me to do incredibly stupid things like building armies well over my force limit, other times it allowed me to form a personal union with burgundy, the fact that I can pick which missions I want seems like a huge improvement.

Unfortunate we can not guarantee 100% protection from savegame corruption in ironman since it is impossible to have that redundancy (ever), and even harder if the mode is supposed to be playable without excessive amount of resources be used by save mechanics. So if you have problems with power shortages and do not have an ups, i would recommend playing the game in regular mode (sorry).

*selectable missions*

Oh my god I love you guys so much. FINALLY, I can just refuse to start the 'Make Bohemia Vote For Us!' missions.

Really, this is why I love this- I can simply ignore the missions I know I'll never manage. Create a Bigger Fleet than Castille (look, nobles of Prussia, I want you to look at our coasts for a moment. Do you THINK we can support a fleet of that size?), for example.

Personally i'd like both xD

The hall of fame for real countries exist, look at Quill's videos, if I remember well, it's:
1) Spain
2) France (fuck yeah)
3) Great Britain
4) Ottomans
5) Russia
6) Portugal
7) Austria
8) Netherlands

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H4NLYns8oog at 17:04
The score dipends of all historical achievements of a country during all of the time frame, Spain is not that great anymore in 1820, but it was the greatest country in the world during enough centuries to be Number 1.

Sadly, this score doesn't depend of your actual game, they are historical scores as in CK 2 where dynasties don't depend on your playthrough, but on what actually happened.
I'd like to see both.

p