Europa Universalis IV: Developer diary 39 - Divine Tactics

• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
as others asked any limitations to enforce peace?

Yeah, if we can do so indiscriminately then it would be rather overpowered. Hopefully it can only be done to aid nations with whom you have a good relation or perhaps are of your religion under attack by another faith.

It says that attacker must be winning.

Problem is, that is a lot of wars. There should be more qualifiers so it's not open to abuse like the old 'guarantee independence'(wording?) problem.

However, it sounds like I'm whining so I will say I do like the concept in general and the fleet basing rights sounds excellent.

We have "enforce peace" in Victoria 2. As long as the defender had no war goals, you could join the war on their side in order to maintain the status quo. It's a proven balance preserving and anti-blobbing feature.

The 'enforce peace' option sounds great both from a game balance and historical perspective. ALOT of wars where fought to preserve the careful 'terror balance' between major nations and this is a great way to make this happen in game aswell.

So this means TO can not longer form Prussia proper?

Liking it alot, but the most important question remains, will historical crusading states have capes in vanilla EU4 like in EU3 + cosmetic DLCs? Or will I have to buy a DLC for the capes? :p