Europa Universalis IV Developer diary 13 – FREEEDOM!

• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
With the new -3 to +3 range, do you get -5 stability for breaking a truce? Are you thus almost always getting to max. negative stability? And doesn't that ensure that you don't have to care, once your stability is low enough already? I just got a new ruler in the demo and apparently that gives me -3 stability (and therefore my investing in higher stability was wasted) -can I now break truces without consequences?

With the new -3 to +3 range, do you get -5 stability for breaking a truce? Are you thus almost always getting to max. negative stability? And doesn't that ensure that you don't have to care, once your stability is low enough already? I just got a new ruler in the demo and apparently that gives me -3 stability (and therefore my investing in higher stability was wasted) -can I now break truces without consequences?

I wouldn't recommand going to war with -3 stability...... I can assure you it have it's consequences.

The -3 to +3 scale is not new, it's been in previous versions of the game. In EUIII you couldn't declare war when at -3 stability, so it was not possible to exploit the system in this way. It was possible to lessen the loss by declaring war at lower levels like -2 and -1, but with stability so expensive and low levels having such a huge impact on revolts and tax, there is little incentive to break a truce. I'm not sure I ever have in all the years of playing EUIII.