Europa Universalis IV dev diary 2 –The purge & all cards on the table

• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
The devs for civ5 never wanted to include religion. The reason for all these add-ons is because they realized that the stand-alone game was so bad that the original fanbase all refused to play it. For which I'm very thankful, if civ5 hadn't been so terrible I'd never have discovered paradox.

I hated Civ V. I was very pissed they did not include religion. I played the game when it came out for about 20 hours, then never went back. When they came out with an "expansion" for the religion... yeah fuck that you should have included it in the original. huge waste of my money, now I make sure not to ever buy games on day one...

I'm surprised about the lack of comments about the screenshot :)

I'd rather not read 11 pages to see if my answer is already here. It looks to me like paradox is instituting a naval trade system similar to that found in the Total War series of games. (Specifically Rome and Medieval 2)

Will there ever be a correct world map? Since the games focus on historically correct things, it would be a cool feature to see accurate maps where Africa has the size it actually is. There were someone that commented on Scandinavia being larger than France (and it is) so by that logic Africa should be much much larger.

http://www.economist.com/blogs/dailychart/2010/11/cartography

edit : also because walking from Morocco to Jerusalem should take much longer than it currently does in EU3.

Last edited:
Will there ever be a correct world map? Since the games focus on historically correct things, it would be a cool feature to see accurate maps where Africa has the size it actually is. There were someone that commented on Scandinavia being larger than France (and it is) so by that logic Africa should be much much larger.

http://www.economist.com/blogs/dailychart/2010/11/cartography

edit : also because walking from Morocco to Jerusalem should take much longer than it currently does in EU3.
Unless they change to a globe, it's impossible to get a flat accurate map.