Europa Universalis IV: Conquest of Paradise Manual

• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

Regina

Lt. General
5 Badges
Jan 29, 2008
www.paradoxdevelopmentstudio.com
  • Majesty 2
  • 500k Club
  • Crusader Kings II: Holy Knight (pre-order)
  • Europa Universalis III: Collection
  • Europa Universalis: Rome Collectors Edition
Last edited:
Reactions:
New information: Protectorates cannot be diploannexed.

Very nice initiative to distribute the manual on the eve on the release : way to go :) !
(Thanks ^^)

My pleasure!
Unfortunately no,
but we hope to have the full patch notes for you early tomorrow *knock on wood* :)

Which is today! :) And I guess "early" is Stockholm time... Which is now too... :)

Tried to update via Steam but my game is still in 1.3.... :(

the manual says that you can raise or lower tariffs for your colonies at will yet ingame you can only raise. WAD?

From page 14
A Colonial Nation, similar to colonies, contributes a percentage of it wealth to the
homeland through tariffs. The homeland can raise or lower the tariff rate for any given
colony at will. Each Colonial Nation can have a different rate, and it becomes rather easy
to turn large Colonial Nations into cash cows if you have the fleet to get the money home.

the manual says that you can raise or lower tariffs for your colonies at will yet ingame you can only raise. WAD?

From page 14

Yes, WAD - manual is wrong. Although there are events that lower it. So it would be fair to say "The homeland can raise the tariff, and it can be raised or lowered by external events.." something like that.