Europa Universalis IV: Conquest of Paradise Developer Diary 7: Colonial Diplomacy

• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
This seems to me to be a rather optimistic reading :) Other colonies can't suck tariff and tax income, only trade power. Tariff and tax income is not "no income." And as soon as you have provnices providing some Trade Power, you can significantly buffed it with Light Ships.

I really feel that what you, Comes and grisamentum say could only be read into a statement like "not much point.. you will gain far less income." That's a lot different to "won't give income."

But I would be very glad if I were wrong :)

The old tariff income is gone.. So its tax at -75% or so..

Seven Years War here I come!

Ah I see, thanks for confirming!

So the others were right, it's less income, not none.

Can you tell us if colonies will contribute trade power at 100% before they break away?

Thanks!

Colonies give 50% of their tradepower to their overlord. This mean that the colony can have their own priorities but it pointless to try to compete with the overlord, since he gets half of the power of every ship you build.

If I switch to playing a colonial country like the 13 colonies, and I colonize an area outside 'my' colonial region, like say South America or Mexico, do I keep it or does it get handed to my overlord and organized into a new colonial nation?

What determines the colour of the other half of the colonial nation's flag? Religion?

I believe they said it's based on each colonial 'regions' color. So the eastern seaboard of the US is blue apparently, Mexico might be yellow, Quebec green, etc.

I.E. There will be a colonial region map mode where you can see what region is what, and those are the colors used on that map mode.

OMG, this was just snuck in there in today's picture - wasn't even in yesterday's video!

6OUuRSH.png

Vassal armies, vastly improved! Thank you, guys! Let no-one say you don't listen intently to your community.

1.4 is shaping up to be an amazing patch.

For the record, despite my going on a bit about my concerns over Colonial Nation available options/controls, I do not think CoP/1.4 is going to be anything other than amazing.

There's just so much in it, and many things well beyond the New World/Colonial scope.

It's very exciting and I cannot wait, and I'm certain that whatever transpires regarding Colonial Nations it's going to be better than what we have now. Onwards and ever upwards!