Europa Universalis IV: Conquest of Paradise – Dev diary 2: Exploring a new world

• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Well well EU4 "pvp" has gained a new dimension. :happy:

I honestly didn't know how any EU4 expansion would get me as excited as CK2's expansions did (Islam! Republics! Vikings!), since all countries are playable already, but was I wrong! I've always wanted a randomized New World (and Old too, but guess modders will take care of that).

What about trade posts Paradox ?
Do you think about add them to the game, like it was in EU2 ?
If not, why did you abandon this feature since EU2 ? A lot of players don't understand.
Thanks ;)

I want to dislike this ahistorical DLC for being ahistorical but truth be told I want to play it already.

Well played, Paradox, well played.

Whatever you do Pdox, just don't make the new world look boring. Right now, the early screens islands are basically just green blobs with a big desert in the middle.

Some geographical features, like other people suggested, climate zones, rain/arid areas, major wind and sea currents.

And rivers!

I want to dislike this ahistorical DLC for being ahistorical but truth be told I want to play it already.

Well played, Paradox, well played.
I hate this dlc. Random world phew. What next? Aliens on Mars? But its promises are so corrupting, that I can't wait to play the expansion! :laugh:

I really really hope that PDX will put some honest effort into making CK2 converted saves compatible with a randomized new world. I'd spend another 5€ if you need that motivation. ;)

Basicaly, no. Unless you turn DLC off.

Hmm... When is this planned to come out? December is my big game buying time.

Can anyone please answer if you can still play MP with others that don't have the dlc?

Basicaly, no. Unless you turn DLC off.

Hasn't it been stated somewhere that EU4 DLC would follow precedence from CK2 where only the host needed a DLC and then the features worked for all in the game? Can't remember where I read this, but I'm quite certain I've seen it somewhere.

Ok... So if You can give us random new world, then how about random old one? It's been requested many times and since it basically looks like the same thing...

BTW- In previous DD it was mentioned that colonization system will be in patch (if I remember correctly). Is this still true?