Europa Universalis IV 1.33.3 France HOTFIX is now LIVE! [Checksum 5010] - Not For Problem Reports

• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
I started an Austria game today, first game after this patch came out. The start of every month locks up the game for a few seconds and overall performance has degraded significantly. I'm getting post 1600 frame drops and lag at the start of a fresh new game. Is anyone else experiencing this? Until this patch EU4 has been the smoothest current generation PDX game I own, and I own quite a few of them.

• 1Like
Reactions:
Please increase Austria's tag lock on Prussia and Poland to make the multiplayer game more balanced. Players will use Austria to change Poland or Prussia, resulting in being strong all the time.

Reactions:
Any chance we gonna have colonies fixed next patch? I'll tell ya, watching my colonies get blown up by natives and not being able to do anything but watch is incredibly annoying. I feel for my boys.

What was the reason to remove "Explorer ready!" alert? I find it quite useful.
It has not been removed. I just tested this by starting a new game as Portugal and I got the alert after assigning the starting explorer to the fleet of light ships. Did you maybe use Shift-right-click to disable the alert? Then you can get it back by adding the "disabled alerts" section to the outliner and then clicking on the alert in that section.

Reactions:
It has not been removed. I just tested this by starting a new game as Portugal and I got the alert after assigning the starting explorer to the fleet of light ships. Did you maybe use Shift-right-click to disable the alert? Then you can get it back by adding the "disabled alerts" section to the outliner and then clicking on the alert in that section.
Thanks, seems like it's working indeed. It just wasn't shown at the moments I believed it should be, and misinterpreted changelog entry.

for some reason im stuck on eu4 france 1194 checksum or whatever was before that. how do i fix this?
1194 is not the checksum of any normal eu4 release. The first beta 1.33.0.0 was "f6c4" and the 1.33.1 had "e961" and 1.33.2 had "108e". Which version number is shown in the main menu? If it shows anything but 1.33.3, have a look at the betas list in the properties of eu4 in steam. Selecting "None" there should bring you to the current version.

If you are already on the current version, but have a different checksum, there are at least four reasons, why the checksum could be different:
  1. One of the files in the eu4 installation got corrupted/was changed
  2. There are additional files in the eu4 installation folder
  3. There are additional files in the eu4 folder in Documents(these can override game files like a mod)
  4. a mod is active for some reason(sometimes the launcher automatically activates mods to which you have subscribed)
A few things that you could try if you haven't tried them already:
  • delete the files events/SpreadOfCalvinism.txt and events/SpreadOfProtestantism.txt and common/units/iroquis_rifle_scout.txt(not iroquois_rifle_scout.txt) and decisions/Canals.txt from your game installation if they exist (the first two should not exist anymore in 1.30 or newer and the third one should not exist in 1.31.5 or newer and the fourth one should not exist in 1.32 or newer, but sometimes steam doesn't delete them)
  • verify the integrity of game files in steam
  • clearing the download cache in steam and verify the integrity of game files afterwards
  • remove all mods and unsubscribe from them in steam. Remove also mods which should be compatibly with achievements. Also remove custom mods that you didn't install via steam. (You can move them to a completely different folder if you don't want to delete them). If this fixes your problem, you can activate achievement-compatible-mods again one by one to see which one is causing the issue.
  • move the folder "Paradox Interactive\Europa Universalis IV" from your Documents folder to some other place. You could also delete it, but then you lose all save games and screenshots which are stored there.
  • Do a clean reinstall as described in my guide on reddit about common startup problems with version 1.29
  • A few people have reported that uninstalling eu4 and uninstalling steam helped(but I don't think that this does anything more than the previous options)
Does any of this help?