Europa Universalis IV: 1.30.6 is now LIVE! [Checksum 0b2c] - Not for problem reports

• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Updated. Got the warning about save breaking. Copied my save to another folder. Tried to run the original. Failed. Rolled back to 1.30.4. Deleted original and replaced with copy. Now achievements are disabled even on the copied file, which was never run on 1.30.6?

Reactions:
Oh my God! I solved the problem with the achievements in my save !!

On version 1.30.6, you need to load the old 1.30.5 save, but not from the main menu, but through Singleplayer / Saves
Start the game, skip a couple of game days, save. Quit the game and load from the main menu.

However, the Estates tab does not work! Developers, will this be fixed ??
I did not find any other problems. MOST IMPORTANT - ACHIEVEMENTS WORK !!!!!!!!!!

Reactions:
My save file got corrupted, bye bye achievements. I also cannot even start a new game "EU4 is running a mod or is altered in other ways". I only have graphical mods which never have been a problem before.

Edit: I disabled all mods and still "EU4 is running a mod or is altered in other ways".

Reactions:
@BjornB
You did not mention 1.30.5 in previous patch notes and are saying this one is skipped. Does it mean that the bug fixe of 1.30.5 is not in 1.30.6 ? I think particularly to the army arrival at the same date which was a great bug fix of 1.30.5.

• 3Like
Reactions:
My save file got corrupted, bye bye achievements. I also cannot even start a new game "EU4 is running a mod or is altered in other ways". I only have graphical mods which never have been a problem before.

Edit: I disabled all mods and still "EU4 is running a mod or is altered in other ways".
You can try a clean reinstall (e.g. as described in my guide on reddit about common startup problems with version 1.29). That should help. That should get rid of the "EU4 is running a mod or is altered in other ways". And if you didn't actually load your saves, you should be able to get achievements with them as well(if you are on the right eu4 version for the save)

• 1Like
Reactions:
Thank you grotaclas! I did the complete clean install, rolled back to 1.30.4. and my save game works. It works even though I accidentally loaded the save once in the newest patch.

• 1Love
Reactions:
@BjornB

Question on the new launcher that was never clearly answered in the past:

What is the load order of mods for eu4 using the new launcher? I understand for stellaris but not for eu4. A user on the forum claims they tested and the mods still load alpha despite the load order shown in the launcher for eu4. Can we get a clarification please? Is there a bug for eu4? Can you point me to the correct place to ask if you are unable to?

thank you

Thanks for adding warnings on broken saves. This is a minor change, but it'll save people a ton of aggravation.

Reactions:
OK so this morning the new patch auto updates on steam, I have no way of stopping it

I was able to pause mine from updating so I don't understand this. I paused the update, clicked on management of EU4 within Steam, switched BETA to 1.30.4, then let the update resume. Now I have the latest update, but have not yet used it (and won't until I finish my current WC campaign).

• 1Like
Reactions:
my achivements :'( i didn't finish my bengal game, and now it's lost?
You should be able to finish your game if you return to the version on which you started it. If you didn't manually select 1.30.5 in the betas tab, your last version was 1.30.4.

I strongly recommend to make extra backups of your save files and store them in a save place before you try to load any save, just in case you use the wrong version and achievements get disabled

Reactions:
According to the launcher, I'm still on 1.29.6 (Manchu)
Only according to the launcher or also according to the game? You might want to opt out of all betas in the betas tab of the eu4 properties in the steam library

• 1Like
Reactions: