• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
I can confirm and more detail to @Limyx826 's wiki bug report above. The specific issue is that the {{icon}} template is broken on the mobile version. I tested using both current versions of both Chrome and Firefox on Android. All graphics (include formulae) using the {{icon}} template are broken. The {{mainicon}} template used on the Main Page is not affected. This seems to affect the HoI4 wiki too.
Hi there,
Thanks for the confirmation.
Sadly, any potential fix is delayed due to the holidays.

Reactions:
@grotaclas:
Ohhhhh! Thank you! I will run it today later.
We did use the original version by Hairy Dude before.
Are you working on the chinese eu4 wiki or some other language version? Are you interested to use or contribute to more automation tools? I have scripts to generate most of the map images which I have uploaded and a script which can automatically upload these images to the wiki(but maybe you can just use a script to get image updates from the english wiki). And I'm currently developing a script to generate the bonus table template and the next project might be to automate the update of the events/decision/missions which pdxparse generates(e.g. detect if nobody did a manual edit since the last time an event/decision/mission was generated with pdxparse and then overwrite it with the output of the newest version of pdxparse)

(dear admin: I can't post reply #418 directly...)
This is probably because of the links in my comment. Users which have not posted much can't post links(or maybe only internal links).

Are you working on the chinese eu4 wiki or some other language version? Are you interested to use or contribute to more automation tools? I have scripts to generate most of the map images which I have uploaded and a script which can automatically upload these images to the wiki(but maybe you can just use a script to get image updates from the english wiki). And I'm currently developing a script to generate the bonus table template and the next project might be to automate the update of the events/decision/missions which pdxparse generates(e.g. detect if nobody did a manual edit since the last time an event/decision/mission was generated with pdxparse and then overwrite it with the output of the newest version of pdxparse)

This is probably because of the links in my comment. Users which have not posted much can't post links(or maybe only internal links).
Sorry for late reply.
Yes, I am working on the Chinese wiki. I'd like to use more tools, but I know little about programming.
I use Pywikibot to transfer images form English wiki and then update some of them manually. Some maps are made by myself.
Others maintain our bonus table. I've no idea about it, maybe I can ask him. I'm sure it is very useful to generate the bonus table.
btw, our site use Cargo Extension to store and query part of the data (province, government_reforms, etc.). It's a bit different from paradoxwikis.

Reactions:
Sorry if this is the wrong place to give this kind of notice, but the French Revolution page mentions an event called "The Directory", but doesn't actually list the event. For example, the event "Napoleon Bonaparte" has the condition 'France has had the event "The Directory"', but clicking on the link to the event redirects to another random event on the page.

Reactions:
Sorry if this is the wrong place to give this kind of notice, but the French Revolution page mentions an event called "The Directory", but doesn't actually list the event. For example, the event "Napoleon Bonaparte" has the condition 'France has had the event "The Directory"', but clicking on the link to the event redirects to another random event on the page.
It's okay here, but a better place would be the related talk page on the wiki.

The event called "The Directory" was renamed to "The End of Terror" with patch 1.30. The target of the link is still correct as the link uses the event id. I corrected the link names now (but did not check something else).

Thanks for your report.

Reactions:
I updated the names of a few more events. But many of the events still have wrong texts (and maybe also wrong titles). The page needs a proper rework. @Capitaine Spock would you like to do it?
For anybody who is interested, I generated the current version of the events with pdxparse and put them in my sandbox at https://eu4.paradoxwikis.com/User:Grotaclas/pdxparse/French_revolution_events
In most cases, the event texts and titles can be copy&pasted from the wiki source of that page to the wiki source of the french revolution page. But the event triggers and effects often need a manual rewriting

Hey, I am looking to make a more extensive gameplay wiki for the Anbennar EU4 mod. I have permission from the devs for it and would like to know whether I can use the PDX wiki for hosting it, creating new pages unlinked to regular EU4 of course.
Essentially I would mirror most of what the regular EU4 wiki does, listing all of the various national ideas, events and nations in the mod.
I am looking for confirmation on whether the regular eu4 wiki would work, as it would allow easy access to templates, or if you recommend to host it on a seperate wiki page. Perhaps even hosting it myself, instead of over PDX.
As well as the permission to use the regular eu4 wikis calculations for warfare, advisor cost, etc. Substituting ways to gain modifiers listed on those pages with the modifier sources from the mod.

Last edited:
Hey, I am looking to make a more extensive gameplay wiki for the Anbennar EU4 mod. I have permission from the devs for it and would like to know whether I can use the PDX wiki for hosting it, creating new pages unlinked to regular EU4 of course.
Essentially I would mirror most of what the regular EU4 wiki does, listing all of the various national ideas, events and nations in the mod.
I am looking for confirmation on whether the regular eu4 wiki would work, or if you recommend to host it on a seperate wiki page. Perhaps even hosting it myself, instead of over PDX.
As well as the permission to use the regular eu4 wikis calculations for warfare, advisor cost, etc. Substituting the modifiers listed on those pages with the sources to modifiers from the mod.
Mods can have their space on the wikis as long as they don't interfere with the regular wiki and their pages marked as mod specific -- before starting please see how it works with current mods on EU4 or Stellaris.

Bear in mind that if you plan to upload mod specific files you must add appropriate copyright/category to them. Failure to do so will result in them being deleted during periodic maintenance reviews.

Mod pages will not be regulated/updated by the wiki team other than for general vandalism.

Hey, I am looking to make a more extensive gameplay wiki for the Anbennar EU4 mod.
Are you aware of copernicus which can show missions from mods and EU4 Mod Viewer which can show ideas, religions and government reforms? They both include Anbennar. AFAIK both are somewhat unfinished, but in active development. Maybe you can just link to their relevant sections so that you don't have to add and update that information on the wiki.

For editing the wiki, you might want to look into pdxparse (mras0's pdxparse fork and my pdxparse fork have many updates compared to the original version), ck2utils and pyradox. pdxparse can do events, decisions, mission trees and national ideas and the other two are mostly used for maps(if have forks of both of them with a few updates).

Are you aware of copernicus which can show missions from mods and EU4 Mod Viewer which can show ideas, religions and government reforms? They both include Anbennar. AFAIK both are somewhat unfinished, but in active development. Maybe you can just link to their relevant sections so that you don't have to add and update that information on the wiki.

For editing the wiki, you might want to look into pdxparse (mras0's pdxparse fork and my pdxparse fork have many updates compared to the original version), ck2utils and pyradox. pdxparse can do events, decisions, mission trees and national ideas and the other two are mostly used for maps(if have forks of both of them with a few updates).
I don't know who created this Copernicus site, but someone should think about telling him that we should switch to a classic wiki, his site bugs all the time and the mission trees are not sorted in alphabetical order.

I don't know who created this Copernicus site, but someone should think about telling him that we should switch to a classic wiki, his site bugs all the time and the mission trees are not sorted in alphabetical order.
AFAIK it is done by @Jarvin

I am working on the colonial designations that had been introduced in Leviathan. I had basic structure done however there are still some stuff need to verify and change so anyone capable of doing so may head to my sandbox page to take a look.

Is it possible to install Filterable Tables extension? It would make navigation and maintenance of reform tables easier. Currently they have a lot of duplicate information and clutter, for example, if user wants to read about reforms available to merchant republics, they probably don't care about pirate republic reforms.

In mobile version, the content seem not to completely loaded while if you switch to desktop version it just load fine albeit small.
I can confirm and more detail to @Limyx826 's wiki bug report above. The specific issue is that the {{icon}} template is broken on the mobile version. I tested using both current versions of both Chrome and Firefox on Android. All graphics (include formulae) using the {{icon}} template are broken. The {{mainicon}} template used on the Main Page is not affected. This seems to affect the HoI4 wiki too.
Hi there,
Thanks for the confirmation.
Sadly, any potential fix is delayed due to the holidays.
And it is still there after 2 months since the report. Noted that the issues occurs in all Paradoxwikis not just EU4, HOI4 wikis.

I think table of trade nodes should mention province where each node is located, as discovering that province is a prerequisite for any interactions with node. So I have a couple of questions.
  1. Is this table manually updated or is autogenerated with some script from common/tradenodes/00_tradenodes.txt?
  2. Should new column be created for node location, or it should be added to one of existing columns, e.g. together with node name, node type (as type of province decides if it is inland vs sea node), or key provinces (location is often a center of trade too, but not always)

I think table of trade nodes should mention province where each node is located, as discovering that province is a prerequisite for any interactions with node. So I have a couple of questions.
  1. Is this table manually updated or is autogenerated with some script from common/tradenodes/00_tradenodes.txt?
  2. Should new column be created for node location, or it should be added to one of existing columns, e.g. together with node name, node type (as type of province decides if it is inland vs sea node), or key provinces (location is often a center of trade too, but not always)
I agree that the province would be useful.
1. None of the recent edits sound like they were done with a script, so I think it is updated manually. Of course you could write a script if you want (I can share some python code to parse trade nodes, cot and estuaries). Some of the trade nodes have anchors which use the name that the node had in previous versions, but it wouldn't be a problem if a script doesn't replicate this. Instead it would be an opportunity to correct all links which use these old anchors.
2. I would prefer a new column