• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
The wiki is heavily broken, it's always stuck on mobile mode, and some of the pages are on desktop mode, and while on mobile mode all the text and sections are out of order or merged over one another. This seems to be an a issue for every Paradox wiki which is broken on the main page.

Is there a way to force desktop mode?

Here's an example, this is now they normally look

View attachment 513000

And here is the broken version

View attachment 513001

The Stellaris Wiki is also broken, and for CK2 it's the normal front page, but all the sections you click on are broken and in the mobile version. This has been broken like this for the past year.
You can change the wiki view mode at the bottom of the page (mobile/desktop).

It could be that it was clicked on by mistake at one point. The wiki remembers the last mode pick and keeps using it (done per wiki).

When will the 1.29 stuff be update on the wiki, I don’t see new tags there, nor is the map in countries by region updated
It is a wiki open for the public so basically when anyone has the time (you're welcome to edit as well :) ).
I'll try to get to it, but a wee bit busy with different layout updates.

Is the wiki really up to date for 1.29 ? LAst time I played (in 2018 before the disastrous dlc golden century which left me without desire to play for a full year), it was up to date on most big topics, but now, i frequently encounters "1.28" version only... and i'm not sure what 1.29 changed (and I'm playing Ming...)

Is the wiki really up to date for 1.29 ? LAst time I played (in 2018 before the disastrous dlc golden century which left me without desire to play for a full year), it was up to date on most big topics, but now, i frequently encounters "1.28" version only... and i'm not sure what 1.29 changed (and I'm playing Ming...)
The wiki, as a whole, is not 1.29 compliant. It was never 1.x compliant -- that's why we have version tags on each article.
You can check what changed from the main page (click on "patch 1.29"). In essence, unless something is mentioned in the patch, 1.28 pages can be considered as updated for 1.29.

Many of the events that generate a ruler, consort or heir with minimum skill are described on the wiki in a way that suggest that these are fixed skills. For example the option "Let us appoint a local noble instead." in the event Successor of Wladyslaw III is described as:
A new ruler with Polish culture comes to power with the following attributes:
  • 4 administrative skill
  • 4 diplomatic skill
  • 4 military skil
But some events mention that the skills are a minimum. But they all seem to describe it differently:
I would like to update all the events which generate rulers, heirs and consorts with minimum skills. But I don't know which would be the best way to present that information.
And it is probably also useful to describe the opposite in a consistent way.
Currently the Election events describe it like this:
A new ruler comes to power with the following (fixed) attributes:
  • 4 administrative skill,
  • 1 diplomatic skill,
  • 1 military skill,
But the event Appointing a War Chief describes it like this:
A new ruler comes to power with the following attributes:
  • Fixed 0 administrative skill
  • Fixed 1 diplomatic skill
  • Fixed 5 military skill
Regarding the skills of heirs and consorts I noticed something odd: It seems that giving an heir or a consort a first name fixes the specified skills. Can anybody confirm that? I tested it with the "run" command and the events A Son Finds His Way Home(always gives 4 in one of the skills depending on the chosen option) and Isabella of Castile (which always generates a 5/6/3 heir, but not a ruler as the wiki claims) and Eleni of Ethiopia(which gives a 4/4/3 consort if you have rights of man and a government that supports consorts)

PS: Is this the best place to discuss things like this or is there a better place to get into contact with other regular contributors to the wiki?

I'm looking for feedback on a potential new style of strategy guide on the EU4 wiki.

The current approach involves duplication of content for editors, ie Austria in the HRE is similar to Bohemia in the HRE where both want to be elected and keep the Imperial crown. Other than a few easy boosts, Portugal and Spain have the same colonial ambitions. Bahmanis and Vijananagar each view the other as a rival that needs crushing early on etc etc etc...

I propose the strategy guides stop being proscriptive "do this, do that, do the other" and instead become a short section highlighting important mechanics for the reader.

I've put a short draft of options on my sandbox. Let me know here or there if you prefer the existing long form guides or the short form guide.

• 1Like
Reactions:
I'm looking for feedback on a potential new style of strategy guide on the EU4 wiki.

The current approach involves duplication of content for editors, ie Austria in the HRE is similar to Bohemia in the HRE where both want to be elected and keep the Imperial crown. Other than a few easy boosts, Portugal and Spain have the same colonial ambitions. Bahmanis and Vijananagar each view the other as a rival that needs crushing early on etc etc etc...

I propose the strategy guides stop being proscriptive "do this, do that, do the other" and instead become a short section highlighting important mechanics for the reader.

I've put a short draft of options on my sandbox. Let me know here or there if you prefer the existing long form guides or the short form guide.

I don't use the guides much, but I think that just linking the mechanics is not enough. Maybe the Austria guide can be turned into a generic strategy guide for HRE emperors. This could then be included in or linked from the Austria page and Austria would just retain a section specific to the Bohemian and Hungarian PUs that it can get. Other HRE countries can then reference the same guide.

How is the province id map generated? My MP group is starting a new session soon, with a set of rules that requires the use of the province map. Figured I'd update the wiki after Tuesday if I'm able.
I used eu4province_id_map.py from ck2utils to generate the version of the map that is currently on the wiki. I plan to update all the map images from the images that I uploaded at some time tomorrow. I can do the id map first. But if you want you can update the map yourself. Then I'll skip it.

How is the province id map generated? My MP group is starting a new session soon, with a set of rules that requires the use of the province map. Figured I'd update the wiki after Tuesday if I'm able.
I just updated the province id map.

Will there be a Wiki contest to adjust for all the massive changes soon?

I won't be able to play Emperor for at least 2 more weeks, but I would love to have a look at all the mission trees on my phone until then :D

Thanks!

Dauth, how does the contest work? I'm thinking about helping keep the wiki update to date. Is there formal procedures, a group, or anything?
Any edit you make (while logged-in) during the duration of the contest counts towards your participation.
No need to ask to join it. You can, however, ask not to participate if you wish.

Hi to all!

As some of you may have noticed EU4 has received a new expansion yesterday.

To celebrate the release the EU4 wiki will be running a contest for updating the wiki to the latest version.

The top 3 contributors will be able to pick their choice of prizes from the PDX portfolio (full terms and conditions can be found on the contest page).

See you there and good luck ;)