• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Perhaps we could make it so formable flavour nations and nations that doesn't exist on the start of the game are located in a subcategory, on the same page?

Perhaps we could make it so formable flavour nations and nations that doesn't exist on the start of the game are located in a subcategory, on the same page?
An idea might be to stick them all on a "formable nations" page.

You should add links in the main page, with main categories.

Just pointing out, i am not good at making wiki sites, but if i find some corner i can help with i could do something. But linking is a thing i am not very good at.

You should add links in the main page, with main categories.

Just pointing out, i am not good at making wiki sites, but if i find some corner i can help with i could do something. But linking is a thing i am not very good at.
I plan to do that once we've got enough pages to make a proper category system.

Since there does not appear to be a wiki for the game, I decided to set one up: Europa Universalis 4 Wiki.
There's not really much there quite yet, but with some work it should become an useful resource. The first goal would be to compile the information posted about the game so far in a wiki format. After that connections would be set up to make browsing the wiki simpler.
Anyone who wants to help out should just register and start editing :)
Great initiative!

I'd be happy to help. As a moderator on the EU3wiki since 2009 I know my way around wikis, and I wrote several tools to parse event scripts and automatically generate all sorts of articles, which should really help getting accurate documentation for EU4 online soon.

Also see the EU3 discussion group here. As you'll see I brought up the issue of an EU4wiki a few months ago, but the group is a bit dead.

Paradoxian is great, but not official. The issue with Paradoxian is that registration has been closed for a couple of years now, with no sign of it ever being reopened.

Not a couple of years really. It has been on and off a few times. The issue is that although eu3wiki has some regulars that can clean up spam, some other paradoxian wikis are completely dead and would get overrun with spam. And apparently it can only be turned on or off for all wikis at once.

I assume Paradoxian will still be my goto-wiki but what you say about registrations is true.

Is it "really" closed, or is it invite only / request only?

I can create accounts for people who are interested. PM me a desired username and email address and you'll get an account shortly.

I can't remember who does it, but the owner is frequently on the EU3 forums.

Well I'm not the owner, but I am here and on the wiki frequently, almost daily :)

I've been in touch with King Richard. He's got no power over the wiki as a whole from what he told me. I've tried contacting Junuxx, but so far no response.

Sorry for the late response but I got your message, I'll pass it on to Rafiki, the site owner. It's true that he isn't around here or on paradoxian a lot, but I should be able to reach him through other means.

Great initiative!

I'd be happy to help. As a moderator on the EU3wiki since 2009 I know my way around wikis, and I wrote several tools to parse event scripts and automatically generate all sorts of articles, which should really help getting accurate documentation for EU4 online soon.

Also see the EU3 discussion group here. As you'll see I brought up the issue of an EU4wiki a few months ago, but the group is a bit dead.
Any help is much appreciated :)

Sorry for the late response but I got your message, I'll pass it on to Rafiki, the site owner. It's true that he isn't around here or on paradoxian a lot, but I should be able to reach him through other means.
Thanks! I ended up importing the Paradoxian V2 wiki content into victoria2wiki.com as the content licensing allows for that, but I'd much prefer explicit permission.

They're not the same though, as to my knowledge Spain can be formed by Aragon, GB by Scotland, and Russia by any of the Russian nations.
And as Sn3ipen says, the nations do exist at later start dates.

Indeed, but only Castille gets the missions to form Spain, only Muscowy the missions to form Russia, only England the missions to form GB, and so on. I think they haven't changed that in EUIV (i.e. Novgorod will not get the missions though it can form Russia but it's more difficult).

At the end of the day, a wiki page on Castille or Muscowy will focus alot on forming Spain and Russia respectively, since it's their destiny (and their missions!), so it makes sense to continue on the same article. I think EUIII wiki handles this pretty well. I don't see any reason why we should move away from this and go for separate pages. Don't change something when it is proven to work well.

Indeed, but only Castille gets the missions to form Spain, only Muscowy the missions to form Russia, only England the missions to form GB, and so on. I think they haven't changed that in EUIV (i.e. Novgorod will not get the missions though it can form Russia but it's more difficult).

At the end of the day, a wiki page on Castille or Muscowy will focus alot on forming Spain and Russia respectively, since it's their destiny (and their missions!), so it makes sense to continue on the same article. I think EUIII wiki handles this pretty well. I don't see any reason why we should move away from this and go for separate pages. Don't change something when it is proven to work well.
The EU3 wiki appears to have separate pages for the formation of countries. See "Forming Spain".

The EU3 wiki appears to have separate pages for the formation of countries. See "Forming Spain".

Indeed, but this is only for the requirements and applies for all formable nations. I am not talking about this, but about the country/strategy guide:

http://www.paradoxian.org/eu3wiki/Muscovy_strategy
http://www.paradoxian.org/eu3wiki/Castille_strategy
http://www.paradoxian.org/eu3wiki/England_strategy

The guide to Spain, Russia, GB, etc, should be in the same page with Castille, Muscowy, England, etc. I find that more logical since the latter are a continuation of the former.

Indeed, but this is only for the requirements and applies for all formable nations. I am not talking about this, but about the country/strategy guide:

http://www.paradoxian.org/eu3wiki/Muscovy_strategy
http://www.paradoxian.org/eu3wiki/Castille_strategy
http://www.paradoxian.org/eu3wiki/England_strategy

The guide to Spain, Russia, GB, etc, should be in the same page with Castille, Muscowy, England, etc. I find that more logical since the latter are a continuation of the former.
Ah, yeah. That I can agree with. Though obviously, the page for the union/formable country should link back to the forming country.

Ah, yeah. That I can agree with. Though obviously, the page for the union/formable country should link back to the forming country.

Agreed :) I promise to help when the game cones out

Agreed :) I promise to help when the game cones out
Feel free to help set things up before the game comes out too ;)
The more information we've got up on the wiki when the game releases, the less work is needed to make the wiki great once it does release.

Compiled some stats for edits across all 3 wikis (CKII, EU4, V2) in the last 30 days:
dF14AK4.png

Meneth - great job on taking the initiative to set this up.

I want to jump in on the country/strategy guide discussion. I think we should have country pages that provide objective information (capital, national ideas, location, etc..) these could provide a player a clean place to gather information about both the nation they are playing as well as nations they wish to conquer.

In addition to this we should have country guide pages that detail strategies to succeed as a nation. This would allow for shorter pages and perhaps strategy specific guides (one for Castile/Spain as a continental power and another for Castile/Spain as a colonial power; Brandenburg/Prussia/Germany and one for Brandenburg/Prussia/HRE). I think this would help with the readability of the strategy guides.

I wonder what others think of this idea?