• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
I've noticed that many countries that used to have strategy guides in their wiki-entries have recently lost them. When I was starting with the game I found those invaluable and still often check for them when picking a new country in case there are some good ideas for starting moves.

Are these disappearances related to a deliberate policy change in the wiki regarding tactics guides (such as limits on length or high quality requirements), or could this possibly be a side effect of the update contest (for example if the fastest way of getting points is to remove content tagged to an earlier version without verifying if it is still valid)? For example the following pages used to have a strategy guide but no only have the basic country information: Granada, Aztec, Poland, Byzantium, Portugal. I didn't go through all of them in detail, but at least some of them still seemed accurate. There were some things that were effected by recent changes, for example Granada's guide was referring to the old version of the piety mechanic, but just removing that one sentence instead of the whole guide would have fixed that.

I agree that for game mechanics pages outdated information can be worse than having none, but when it comes to guides, at least for a beginning player even slightly older one can be a big help. Of course if a region has seen major changes (like anything in the Persian area after the 1.23 patch), old guides probably aren't salvageable, but otherwise just showing the guide with a warning label (or collapsing them by default) might be a better option.

We have deliberately removed exceptionally outdated strategy guides, as there was little reason to believe they were still useful for the current version of the game.
We do encourage people to write new ones though.

So, wiki lords,

Is there any idea of an ETA when the mission revamp will be reflected on the wiki? I get that its a big change and there's a lot of pages that have to be changed, and you'll likely have an entirely new format for how to present the info.

So, wiki lords,

Is there any idea of an ETA when the mission revamp will be reflected on the wiki? I get that its a big change and there's a lot of pages that have to be changed, and you'll likely have an entirely new format for how to present the info.
For the mean time, you're welcome to a mock-up of a mission page which you may use as a guide to revamp the other pages: https://eu4.paradoxwikis.com/index.php?title=User:SolSys/test&oldid=98622

In general, an ETA for such a big change is out of the question as we still have other daily issues to deal with. Depending on availability of free time maybe it could be automated, but as was said before -- no promises.

Same problem with my browser. It said the certificate expired yesterday.
They probably just haven't updated it yet then. Sometimes the expiration warnings from certificate providers to owners either go to the wrong person in an organization or are just overlooked.