• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

Saud19101

Recruit
27 Badges
Apr 2, 2020
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Colonel
  • Victoria 3 Sign Up
  • Europa Universalis 4: Emperor
  • Crusader Kings III: Royal Edition
  • Crusader Kings III
  • Imperator: Rome
  • Europa Universalis IV: Golden Century
  • Europa Universalis IV: Dharma
  • Europa Universalis IV: Rule Britannia
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Expansion Pass
  • Europa Universalis IV: Cradle of Civilization
  • Europa Universalis IV: Third Rome
  • Europa Universalis IV: Mandate of Heaven
  • Europa Universalis IV: Rights of Man
  • Crusader Kings II
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Cadet
  • Stellaris
  • Europa Universalis IV: Mare Nostrum
  • Europa Universalis IV: Cossacks
  • Europa Universalis IV: Common Sense
  • Europa Universalis IV: El Dorado
  • Victoria 2
  • Europa Universalis IV: Res Publica
  • Europa Universalis IV: Wealth of Nations
  • Europa Universalis IV: Conquest of Paradise
  • Europa Universalis IV: Art of War
  • Europa Universalis IV
whenever I try to play multiplayer it needs me to log in but whenever I do it tells me to check the connection even though I am connected it seems to work in 1.30 and when I'm using a VPN

That tells me you have a firewall blocking the new eu4.exe in the 1.31.x patches. That can be in Windows or your internet router/modem.

Does it make any difference which starting option you choose when you run EU4 from Steam?

That tells me you have a firewall blocking the new eu4.exe in the 1.31.x patches. That can be in Windows or your internet router/modem.

Does it make any difference which starting option you choose when you run EU4 from Steam?
it doesn't seem to make a difference also I can log into my epic acc

Last edited:
But logging into your Epic account is done outside the game. My suspicion is eu4.exe is being blocked by your firewall , not Epic.

If you just have the standard Windows Defender firewall, eu4.exe (and for good measure paradox launcher.exe) need to be allowed through it, in both the Public and Private domains there. If you use any other one, it will have a similar feature.