EUIV - Quick Questions / Quick Answers

• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
I'm outside, Savoy is allied to Austria. It is after the Shadow Kingdom, but I took their Italian provinces before it fired, so they're in the Empire. I'm large enough that I don't absolutely need Austria to defend me, but it would be nice to get a little bigger before I throw them by the wayside.
It's gonna be pretty hard then to attack them directly, because Austria is unlikely to rival them due to the size difference. Do they have an ally who is rivaled to Austria? If you are still in the first age, you could use claims off of claims to fabricate on that ally Austria wouldn't defend and take land from Savoy indirectly, but that is a very heavy AE move (non-cobelligerent, inside the HRE land). Outside of that, you can hope that either Austria loses the Emperorship, gets so thrashed that he wouldn't defend anyone, or that Savoy makes an ally outside the HRE who you can attack.

I having the Dhimmi estate @ 70% loyalty with 65% influenc, for the last 5years or so, and it shows a 10% tech cost reduction but in the tech overview tooltip it only shows a 5% reduction from the Dhimmi..? Are there any hidden modifiers for estates..?

I having the Dhimmi estate @ 70% loyalty with 65% influenc, for the last 5years or so, and it shows a 10% tech cost reduction but in the tech overview tooltip it only shows a 5% reduction from the Dhimmi..? Are there any hidden modifiers for estates..?
I don't think that there are any hidden modifiers which could make the tech discount differ between the two screens. Does it say "Dhimmi: -5%" or does it show two modifiers which add up to -5%? Or are you maybe looking at the discount on the right side of the tech screen? That only has the neighbor bonus, institution penalty and ahead of time penalty. The tooltip for the technology itself should show all modifiers and for me this works:
eu4_19.png

If this doesn't work for you, can you attach your save file here? Then I can maybe tell you more

Reactions:
Aside from advisors, what is the best way to converts cash into monarch (and especially admin) points
Promote advisors to level 5. (Requires a DLC.)

Everything else is really only a secondary effect - improve one thing so you can improve something else so you can improve mana generation/usage. For example:
  • Buff prestige/legitimacy/etc so you can afford to kill heirs until you get a good one.
  • Improve selected monuments (eg. for increased relations / gov cap / etc).

There is a certain chance to inherit a nation one has a PU with (and not have to wait or pay to integrate). Per the Wiki, it happens when "the ruler" dies.

Which ruler: The greater or lesser partner?
If lesser, then how can I find his age? When I check the normal location, it shows my ruler.
PU.png

If there is no catholic/protestant religious war after 30 years the Diet of $CAPITAL_CITY$ becomes actionable if the following is true (among other things):
  • No known country:
    • Is an elector
    • Is Protestant, Reformed, Hussite, or Anglican
    • Is a league enemy
    • Has a truce with HRE Emperor
Presently all electors are Catholic.
6 of the 7 are in the Catholic League.
1 of 7 (Saxony) is Catholic but in the Protestant League.

It looks to me like the Diet of $CAPITAL_CITY$ will be actionable and I'll be able to declare Catholicism the official HRE religion. Am I right or will I have to trigger Saxony via an alliance affiliation (without triggering the entire Protestant League) and remove it as a contender?
PS, If I vassalize Saxony will I be able to force it to leave the Protestant League?

It looks to me like the Diet of $CAPITAL_CITY$ will be actionable and I'll be able to declare Catholicism the official HRE religion. Am I right or will I have to trigger Saxony via an alliance affiliation (without triggering the entire Protestant League) and remove it as a contender?
Yes, the event can happen as long as the other conditions are fulfilled(most importantly that you are at peace)

Reactions:
If your capital is moved to the Old World from the New World, how quickly do Colonial Nations form? Instantly, or after a day?

I'm toying with the idea of a Portugal -> Brazil -> Roman Empire run, just for the sheer joy of watching the entirety of the Americas flip to Roman culture, but I want to a) make sure that the culture would flip properly before those colonial nations form and b) possibly make sure I can move my capital back to the New World before they form.

If your capital is moved to the Old World from the New World, how quickly do Colonial Nations form? Instantly, or after a day?
Most likely, at the start of the next month. (IE: Same rules as for normal CN formation - next monthly tick after you have 5 cores in the region.)

Iroquis declared on Canada and took their land in earlier wars. You get your vassals' cbs.

You can check province history for that.

Reactions:
Iroquis declared on Canada and took their land in earlier wars. You get your vassals' cbs.

You can check province history for that.
I couldn't find any evidence of the Iroquois having conquered any of Colonial Canada in the province history (thank you for the tip BTW). I surely haven't done a thorough analysis as there's a lot of data.

I did check 5 random provinces and found the Reconquest CB's actionable against uncolonized "tribal land."