EUIV - Quick Questions / Quick Answers

• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
So Castille will become as mad about me taking their African territories as they would if I had taken land in Iberia proper (ignoring religion modifiers)?
Yes, if everything else is the same, they would get the same AE if you take provinces in Africa as if you take provinces in iberia. But religion is very important. If Kilwa is sunni, you generate 50% more AE with sunni countries, but countries of other religious groups will get -50% AE (so 1/3 if there are no culture/HRE modifiers)

Reactions:
I dont think this question is thread worthy but: Did devs show full list of new monuments that comes with Origins? I know they showed 4-5 with post about them, but did I miss the full list?
I don't think a full list has been shown. But some streamers who have early access have shown the monuments.

I was @ war with Aq Qoyunlu plus their ally Genoa, marching my troops to Italy by land, and thought it was going to be a long one. I then declared on Mali to clean up some border gore and my armies marching through the Commonwealth toward Italy became exiled (yellow).

Why?

I clearly have access through the Commonwealth (green).
Mali.png

I was @ war with Aq Qoyunlu plus their ally Genoa, marching my troops to Italy by land, and thought it was going to be a long one. I then declared on Mali to clean up some border gore and my armies marching through the Commonwealth toward Italy became exiled (yellow).

Why?

I clearly have access through the Commonwealth (green).
View attachment 772544
Military Access does not mean you are allowed to declare war from within their territory.

Reactions:
Reactions:
Can somebody explain to me how AI nations can choose their starting rivals?
Let me explain:
The AI nation "A" can rival my own nation "B" ....... but if I start as nation A I cannot even select nation B as a rival (because they are too weak?). Same starting conditions each time of course.

E.g.: Starting as Mantua I am rivalled by Milan 15/15 times now. When I start as Milan, I cannot even set Mantua as my rival. Game runs on 1.32, ironman and hard settings (not very hard which would change force limit etc. - which could explain the problem)

Any ideas are appreciated!

• 1Like
Reactions:
Picked up Leviathan and Origins today after about a year of not playing the game. Fresh install, removed all old data from Documents and AppData. I can't deselect 1 army from a group by pressing V anymore. Did they remove/change this in the past year? Or is this just an issue on my end.
Thanks for any assistance.

Picked up Leviathan and Origins today after about a year of not playing the game. Fresh install, removed all old data from Documents and AppData. I can't deselect 1 army from a group by pressing V anymore. Did they remove/change this in the past year? Or is this just an issue on my end.
Thanks for any assistance.
its working fine for me (on 1.31). maybe using the reassign keybord shortcut feature works.

Attachments

• Screenshot 2021-11-12 003310.png
    Screenshot 2021-11-12 003310.png
    113,6 KB · Views: 0
What would happen with allies of a CN starting the independence war if they became loyal again in the meantime between the break of alliance and the start of the war? Would they join the colonial parent or the revolting CN? Or neither?

How is the message called, when rebel rise? (So i can pause when rebel pop up)
I dont find it any more.
Right-clicking the message in a pop-up, log or icon will open an options box where you can select "pop-up and pause".

Is there a way in the program or a mod that allows me to enable an auto-convert setting so that after a province converts it will automatically start with another? I mean, it's 1750, gold is plentiful and provinces needing conversion are numerous. Which ones get converted and when? I could care less. Just convert the province with the quickest turnaround and don't ask me about this ever again. Is there a mod for this?

Not sure if anyone has an answer since its about origins content, but If I form Aksum as Ehthiopia will I still be able to get Pretor John achievment? And should I form it in a first place?

Not sure if anyone has an answer since its about origins content, but If I form Aksum as Ehthiopia will I still be able to get Pretor John achievment? And should I form it in a first place?
You will not be eligible for Prester John if you form Aksum. In general if you want to know if you can get an achievement after forming another country, have a look at the achievements list in the wiki. If the country is in the "Starting conditions" column, you have to start as the country. If the country is in the "Requirements" column, you have to be that country at the moment that you get the achievement.

NB: I am still on 1.31. This may be different in 1.32, although I couldn't see anything in the patch notes and the relevant wiki entry hasn't been updated since 1.30.

I am the number 1 great power and I have one possible rival, the Ottomans (#2). The Ottomans have been my ally for the entire game, and we have been at 95-100 trust continuously for centuries, and I don't need any of their territory for the achievement, so I'd prefer to keep the good relationship going. But I'm getting the full power projection penalty for "not enough rivals". Annoyingly, this makes it impossible to get >50 PP for the +1MP/month.

20211116104735_1.jpg

I thought that you didn't get a penalty for lack of rivals if you're allied to the potential rival? Clearly that's a simplification. Is this WAD? If so, can someone explain the real rule?

I thought that you didn't get a penalty for lack of rivals if you're allied to the potential rival? Clearly that's a simplification. Is this WAD? If so, can someone explain the real rule?
I don't remember that ever having been a thing in any version.

Reactions:
I don't remember that ever having been a thing in any version.

Back when PP was first introduced, I believe you used to get a PP penalty from having ANY open rival slots. A few patches later, this was relaxed a bit - and now, you can usually get away with an open slot or two; and "getting away" with this seems to be caused by allying potential rivals.

As a test, I started as Offaly (landlocked in Ireland) and used the console to remove all AI that rivalled me and to get alliances with my 5 neighbouring OPMs (the only potential rivals). I have 3 rival slots (because I have >=3 potential rivals), but I only need to fill 2 of them - the third can be empty without penalty. (EDIT: I reloaded an autosave and verified that I was losing 2 PP per year in this situation - ie. that the tooltip on the lack-of-rivals alert is correct.)

20211116115321_1.jpg

From the wiki: "-1 per year [1]" and "[Maximum] -20 per empty slot [1]" and "[1] If there are fewer than three eligible countries that are not allies, the extra empty slots don't contribute to the penalty." This explanation is also incorrect, as I am allied to all 5 potential rivals. Depending how you read it, I should be required to fill either zero or one rival slot - but the game wants me to fill 2.

So, now we know the wiki is wrong, does anyone know how the game decides the required number of rivals?

Then we can get back to my original question of whether it's WAD that you are required to rival your centuries-long ally if they are the only possible rival.

Last edited: