EUIV - Quick Questions / Quick Answers

• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Why Agenda is not completed?
This mission is somewhat buggy. Sometimes it helps to wait a few months. Maybe you also have to remove all pirates. If the nation that sends the pirates is weak, you can try to drag them into a war so that they remove their privateers. You probably have a trade CB on them because of the pirates

• 1Like
Reactions:
How does one diplo annex another country/province?

"diplo annexation" is a short term for diplo-vassalization of another country and later annexing the vassal.
Countries willing to become your diplo-vassal can be found through the macro-builder or the diplomatic interaction menu of a specific country under "offer vassilization". Tooltips will tell you if it is possible at all and what you need to do. Forming an alliance, creating an opinion of 190+ etc.

"diplo annexation" is a short term for diplo-vassalization of another country and later annexing the vassal.
Countries willing to become your diplo-vassal can be found through the macro-builder or the diplomatic interaction menu of a specific country under "offer vassilization". Tooltips will tell you if it is possible at all and what you need to do. Forming an alliance, creating an opinion of 190+ etc.

Is their a # I should shoot for on the score so that they accept? I read the wiki but it was unclear it said the modifiers but im looking for what I would need for score total wise. I want to eventually do Syria and Najd once I have their provinces.

This mission is somewhat buggy. Sometimes it helps to wait a few months. Maybe you also have to remove all pirates. If the nation that sends the pirates is weak, you can try to drag them into a war so that they remove their privateers. You probably have a trade CB on them because of the pirates
Yeah, it fired few months later but I didn't notice it was "just like that" or I killed all pirates. They were former Scotland navy after making them my enclave.

Is their a # I should shoot for on the score so that they accept? I read the wiki but it was unclear it said the modifiers but im looking for what I would need for score total wise. I want to eventually do Syria and Najd once I have their provinces.

I am not quite sure, I get the question right.
Usually it is not so easy, to make another nation willing to become a diplo-vassal. So it is best to work on all modifiers, if possible.

eu4_323.png

In this example I could start improving relations with Najd. But "distance between borders" is so very negative, that making Najd loving me will not be enough. Should I one day expand into his neighborhood, my chances will increase.

Trying to figure out why my percentage of crown land gradually erodes over time?
conquering provinces moves percentages generally towards an even-ish mix, weighted by estate influence and absolutism. If your crown land is high but your estates still have influence then conquering land will reduce the crown land %, but if your crown land % were very low then conquest would help you.

Reactions:
Why isn't my backline filled completely with artillery?
Your troops probably didn't arrive all on the same day. Infantry in the backrow doesn't automatically make room for newly arriving artillery.

Reactions:
Why isn't my backline filled completely with artillery?

Your troops probably didn't arrive all on the same day. Infantry in the backrow doesn't automatically make room for newly arriving artillery.

Actually this can happen even if inf/cav doesn't block the second rank initially.
If I may insert a short excerpt from my Cornwall AAR, CW was 27 at that time:

"
eu4_242.png

I moved everything to Valois, let the first French stack pass by from Cambrésis to join the 42k in Artois and timed my attack on the leaderless second 25k-stack, hanging behind. As G.Moore has 0 pips in manoeuver I get "river crossing" even against a leaderless stack. Obviously I use the proven 27/0/27 composition again. Interesting the game deploys all my infantry in the first rank, but just 15 artillery in the back rank. Lets see what happens, when the other 65k of France with a general will arrive.

eu4_243.png

Now my unit deployment is perfect. This time France has enough cannons for the second row, but again he has a problem. 8 positions are occupied by infantry, not by artillery. Throwing everything into a battle blindly is suboptimal. If France would have reinforced his original 11/2/12 with say 14/0/15, he would have an optimal deployment in both ranks as well. That is why it is so important not to overstack the first row. Some units might end in the second row and prevent artillery to participate."

In either case I consider this a massive problem with the unit deployment in the game.
Here I used it to my advantage with mini-microing against the AI. But I think artillery should be deployed in the back row the day it arrives and excessive inf/cav should go to the reserve.

Thanks, that makes sense.

Another two questions though? Is ~1600 a decent time to fulfill the Viceroyalty of the Deccan mission? Also, I will keep my cores on Deccan if all areas ceded to them are fully cored, right?

Is ~1600 a decent time to fulfill the Viceroyalty of the Deccan mission?
Are you asking if you should delay fulfilling the mission? Then the answer is no, do it as soon as you can, because the admin efficiency that you get is very good. Or are you asking if you could have been faster? Of course it is possible to do it faster. The areas that you need to conquer for that mission are also needed for the True Heir of Timur achievement which has to be done before 1550. But the importance of the admin efficiency grows when you combine it with the other sources of admin efficiency that you get in the age of absolutism.
Also, I will keep my cores on Deccan if all areas ceded to them are fully cored, right?
Yes.

Then the answer is no, do it as soon as you can, because the admin efficiency that you get is very good. Or are you asking if you could have been faster?

Nah, to fulfill the mission by 1600. Only got it by 1603 though because I had released Golconda as a vassal to keep OE down (should've not done that in retrospect) and integrating them was delayed a bit because one of my allies called me into a war.

I was probably a bit too cautious in India early on, but I am happy with my expansion since 1550, standing north of Malwa then but getting to the Deccan reward within 54 years.

When you go revolutionary, do you lose both the Imperialism and Deus Vult CBs, or do you only lose Imperialism?

you lose both, but not reconquest cb I think. Oh, and claiming throne cb as rev empire also doesn't pup up. been bug since ..... patch 1.7.

the revolutionary cb is the best in the game (it is superiority cb and has -50% province warcost, which is insane combined with diplomatic ideas and other -province cost modifiers), so you shouldn't worry about losing rest.

you lose both, but not reconquest cb I think. Oh, and claiming throne cb as rev empire also doesn't pup up. been bug since ..... patch 1.7.

the revolutionary cb is the best in the game (it is superiority cb and has -50% province warcost, which is insane combined with diplomatic ideas and other -province cost modifiers), so you shouldn't worry about losing rest.

In my only experience so far with 1.30, you lose the revolutionary cb against most of the world fairly quickly because they embrace the revolution as fast as they can.

Can I build intermediate level buildings? For example I have a Castle and want to upgrade it but not to the highest level because of cost.
You can click on an empty building slot or use the production interface(aka macro builder) to upgrade a building to an intermediate level.

• 1Like
Reactions:
Is there any way to work out if your allies will reject a call-to-arms defensive war ? (in the ledger etc)

I ask as my last few games have been ended by the AI obviously knowing that my allies won't join me (it's a computer program after all) with several different nations, and different allies - the only common denominator is that my major ally always refused to join my war. The foes I'm facing wouldn't have attacked me if they didn't already know that my one big ally would betray me. (ie: Byzantium + Russia: Hungary attacks me, and Russia betrays the alliance - they couldn't have won vs. Russia as my ally, so the AI obviously has a way to work this out)

For context, I always have royal marriages, 150+ relations, a diplo reputation of at least 1+ early game. This happens if my ally is at peace or in another war, doesn't seem to make much difference.

I'm hoping there's a logic to it !