EUIV - Quick Questions / Quick Answers

• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
I have a stranded vassal army that I want to ship home. Sent a fleet to the nearest seaport - 1 province away. Turned on the let ally board the fleet. Nothing happened. How do I get my vassal to board the ships so that I can take them home?
It's a broken functionality. The only way is if you make your transporting fleet a bridge between two land provinces and they want to go to the other side. I only read about this possibility, never seen it in action.

It's a broken functionality. The only way is if you make your transporting fleet a bridge between two land provinces and they want to go to the other side. I only read about this possibility, never seen it in action.
Is it actually confirmed to be broken, or is AI never using ally / overlord transports intentional?

It's never worked since launch of the feature so I always assumed it was a MP only thing.

Is it actually confirmed to be broken, or is AI never using ally / overlord transports intentional?

It's never worked since launch of the feature so I always assumed it was a MP only thing.
I'm not sure if it was an official post, but I remember trying to follow the advice. As England, I parked my fleet in the Channel and waited for several months for Scottish armies to cross over to France, they never did so I gave up.

1603972652724.png

Can anyone please explain the mechanics behind Muscovy and Tver getting Colonialism without bordering any province that already have it?

So I just had a bit of an off-the-wall idea.

Forming France as England. I find the PU war quite doable, there's a double chance of the Burgundian inheritance and then we can beat up Castile/Portugal to get quicker access to the Caribbean and PU them after.

Am I missing any obstacle to this? I know I cannot form GB if I want to form France.

View attachment 647365
Can anyone please explain the mechanics behind Muscovy and Tver getting Colonialism without bordering any province that already have it?
Probably Knowledge Sharing, where a country can pay money to get institution spread from an ally (doesn't strictly have to be an ally but in practice it's the only way to get the requisite relations). That also spreads the institution specifically to the capital alone.

You can click on a province they own and in the institutionstab see the reasons for the spread. As there are now already bordering provinces which have it, that´s the most likely reason it continues.
As for the getting the institution: I´d guess that either muscovy got a CN (rather unlikely, as they appear landlocked), one of them has an ally who embraced it and decided to share the knowledge, or, and I think that is most likely, the small Tver which couldnt expand reasonably decided to spend it´s monarch points to develop provinces and got the institution that way.

So I just had a bit of an off-the-wall idea.

Forming France as England. I find the PU war quite doable, there's a double chance of the Burgundian inheritance and then we can beat up Castile/Portugal to get quicker access to the Caribbean and PU them after.

Am I missing any obstacle to this? I know I cannot form GB if I want to form France.

Well, since forming France needs the country to have either French, Basque or Breton culture, I guess you´d have to culture shift, since Breton isnt the same as english :p
Otherwise you can just form it once you own the neccessary provinces:
Form France in Wiki

Well, since forming France needs the country to have either French, Basque or Breton culture, I guess you´d have to culture shift, since Breton isnt the same as english :p
Otherwise you can just form it once you own the neccessary provinces:
Form France in Wiki

Oh yeah, my thinking was I'd integrate France and culture shift then form France for the superior French military ideas, but not before picking up some English bonuses.

While playing as Japan I want to move my capital to North America (I don't want to create colonial nations).
What would be the best strategy to achive that?
Move your capital to an island in Oceania or South America which is not in a colonial region and which is the only province in its state that you own. If you don't own any other stated province on that continent, you can then move your capital to stated province in a colonial region in North America.

I'm trying to catch up on ALOT of changes to this game and I think either something horrible has happened to this game or there is a current bug if you don't own newer content. I paid for estates, yet suddenly in this new version of the game my estates functions are very lacking. I can't seem to remove land from estates anymore and the only interaction I have with them is their own tab in the game. There is no longer an outliner entry for them. Maybe this is just an overhaul and I'm misunderstanding the objective of them but.....How do you reduce the land they own now? Right now I'm playing as Spain and the nobility have a large chunk of land and I have no idea how to remove it. The province views do not have them owning anything, that area is gone from the province window now.

Also why does the sound for recruiting a new ship play when you recruit infantry and cavalry also?

I'm trying to catch up on ALOT of changes to this game and I think either something horrible has happened to this game or there is a current bug if you don't own newer content. I paid for estates, yet suddenly in this new version of the game my estates functions are very lacking. I can't seem to remove land from estates anymore and the only interaction I have with them is their own tab in the game. There is no longer an outliner entry for them. Maybe this is just an overhaul and I'm misunderstanding the objective of them but.....How do you reduce the land they own now? Right now I'm playing as Spain and the nobility have a large chunk of land and I have no idea how to remove it. The province views do not have them owning anything, that area is gone from the province window now.
The estates were overhauled in the 1.30 patch. They don't own individual provinces anymore. Instead they have a land share that you can see in the estates tab. There is a button in that tab to size land form them. That gives you 5% more crownland and reduces the land of the estates accordingly. You can also develop provinces to get 0.2% crownland per development click. You can also conquer new provinces. That moves the crownland and estates lands towards an equilibrium that depends on the influence of the estates.
The estate interactions were replaced by privileges which can give you some very strong benefits. There is for example one privilege for each of the base estates that gives you +1 monarch point per month in their category. That is more than the maximum of 200 monarch points every 20 years that you could get from the old system.

The outliner entry for the estates should still exist though. Maybe you have to activate it again in the outliner settings.

In my game the Dutch revolts are firing even though I accepted Dutch/Flemish as cultures. I just conquered a reformed province for Spanish Netherlands and it started ticking. Why is this?

Spanish Noble Rebels caused Dutch independence. Needless to say this was my first save scum. Don't see why they should cause Dutch independence, there's nothing stating they should and I'm not going to be penalised for the game not making that clear.

In my game the Dutch revolts are firing even though I accepted Dutch/Flemish as cultures. I just conquered a reformed province for Spanish Netherlands and it started ticking. Why is this?
There is a lot of misinformation about this floating around. If you don't have humanist ideas, one province in the low countries that doesn't follow your religion is enough to make the disaster start to tick(as long as you fulfill the requirements that make the disaster show up in the first place). Alternatively it can start to tick based some cultural condition, but I'm not 100% sure how this condition works and I think the ingame tooltip about it is not correct either.

There is a lot of misinformation about this floating around. If you don't have humanist ideas, one province in the low countries that doesn't follow your religion is enough to make the disaster start to tick(as long as you fulfill the requirements that make the disaster show up in the first place). Alternatively it can start to tick based some cultural condition, but I'm not 100% sure how this condition works and I think the ingame tooltip about it is not correct either.

I thought that this was the case. What bemused me was I had dealt with the initial revolt, and the revolts after. I just had Noble Rebels in the low lands, and I was busy fighting 3 other wars so I thought "they aren't asking for Dutch independence so I can hold off on them". Wrong.

As I said, the game should have communicated that a little bit better.