EUIV - Quick Questions / Quick Answers

• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
I seem to recall the devs adding a subject interaction that allowed you to ask a subject to stop colonizing but I can’t seem to find it. I have every expansion except Golden Century and Third Rome. I checked the patch notes for Golden Century thinking it was there but can’t find it.
There is no subject interaction that prevents a subject from colonizing, but there is a subject interaction that prevents a subject from starting to use a colonist to promote settlement growth. That subject interaction needs the Golden Century DLC.

oh I see. Thanks for the clarification. I’m not sure why anyone would ever use this.
It is useful for certain missions from the Golden Century DLC which require you to construct buildings in certain CN provinces and promoting settlement growth prevents the construction of buildings. And the colonist also prevents the use of a missionary. So this subject interaction is useful for a one-faith.

Does Castile/Spain still have a PU CB on England/GB? Because in my Mission tree it just says Permanent Claims, but iirc it can turn into a PU CB depending on conditions. PUing Portugal AND GB as Castile would be really cool.

Does Castile/Spain still have a PU CB on England/GB? Because in my Mission tree it just says Permanent Claims, but iirc it can turn into a PU CB depending on conditions. PUing Portugal AND GB as Castile would be really cool.
Spain has that CB on England/GB, but Castile doesn't. To get the CB, England/GB must have a different christian religion than Spain and both countries must be independent christian monarchies.

Spain has that CB on England/GB, but Castile doesn't. To get the CB, England/GB must have a different christian religion than Spain and both countries must be independent christian monarchies.

Right, so if GB goes Anglican, Spain gets a PU CB on them? Cause PUing Portugal/GB as Castile basically means you own the whole colonial word and can maybe focus ideas more on diplo to go for the emperorship.

Right, so if GB goes Anglican, Spain gets a PU CB on them?
To get the PU CB, you have to complete the mission Spanish Armada while they are Anglican(or any other christian religion which is not the same as yours), independent and a monarchy(the english civil war disaster can turn them into a republic). If you complete the mission earlier, you only get the claims.

To get the PU CB, you have to complete the mission Spanish Armada while they are Anglican(or any other christian religion which is not the same as yours), independent and a monarchy(the english civil war disaster can turn them into a republic). If you complete the mission earlier, you only get the claims.

Got you, thanks. Seems there's a bit of luck involved but would still be a very nice PU to have.

Why, WHY does Lithuania always* rival Novgorod?! This is anti-historic
Because there are no other countries nearby?
If I own a lot of stated provinces in a trade node, that I have over 50% control, will adding a single province to a TC give ma a free merchant?
Should be so. Trade companies give you an additional merchant if you have 50% trade power in that node.

Do note that you can't add a single province to TC. The entire state is added.

Edit: belay that, it's vica versa, when stating TC, trade companies investments are removed.

Reactions:
If I own a lot of stated provinces in a trade node, that I have over 50% control, will adding a single province to a TC give ma a free merchant?
Only if the single trade company province has 51% of the trade power of all provinces in that trade node(and these other provinces include your other provinces).

Reactions:
As Qing (or any Chinese Emperor I guess), do you bother passing the Reforms which cost 80 mandate? I've formed Qing and have done a good job of gobbling up China. I get around +0.20 Mandate a month, have 100 total Mandate and have max Meritocray at +2.00.

I woud like to pass one of the reforms and slowly work through them, but jeez, taking +50% fire and shock damage for 10-20 years seems a bit punishing no? It helps that I am 1-2 levels ahead in mil tech compared to my neighbours, but still, I don't like the look of that malus.

What is the general consensus on them? I have 4 Tributuaries at the moment, I'm currently debating whether or not to make more or just conquer and blob.

As Qing (or any Chinese Emperor I guess), do you bother passing the Reforms which cost 80 mandate? I've formed Qing and have done a good job of gobbling up China. I get around +0.20 Mandate a month, have 100 total Mandate and have max Meritocray at +2.00.

I woud like to pass one of the reforms and slowly work through them, but jeez, taking +50% fire and shock damage for 10-20 years seems a bit punishing no? It helps that I am 1-2 levels ahead in mil tech compared to my neighbours, but still, I don't like the look of that malus.

What is the general consensus on them? I have 4 Tributuaries at the moment, I'm currently debating whether or not to make more or just conquer and blob.
As Ming you can usually get enough mandate growth for it to be worth it, but one needs more than you have, I think. Get more tributaries, maybe time the button click for when you have a pending event that gives you 5 or 10 mandate. Keep in mind that events do help you recover mandate at the cost of other resources,, and the low mandate penalties are proportional to how low it is, so a mandate of 50 is perfectly fine, it's only lower than that that's a problem.

1603816713593.png

If I take the land I want from Cusco, Spain will immediately get -200 relations because they want it and will break our alliance. Subsidies are the only other opinion modifier I can think of, but they're far too expensive to raise at any decent speed. Trust is 60 with 5 favours. Are there any other ways I can improve relations, or will I have to choose between the land and the alliance?

If I take the land I want from Cusco, Spain will immediately get -200 relations because they want it and will break our alliance. Subsidies are the only other opinion modifier I can think of, but they're far too expensive to raise at any decent speed. Trust is 60 with 5 favours. Are there any other ways I can improve relations, or will I have to choose between the land and the alliance?
Maybe you can temporarily keep the alliance if you take less provinces so that Spain doesn't get -200 relations from that. But in the long run, you have to choose between the land and the alliance. It is almost impossible to keep an alliance with a colonizer in the long term if you have colonial nations with multiple gold mines. If you own the gold mines yourself, you might be able to keep the alliance if you manage to get the trust so high that they don't want the provinces anymore(the wiki says that you need at least 80 trust)

Reactions:
You could stop being a heretic :p
Not sure why you even want that land, shouldnt you be expanding in africa?

Playing as Portugal I want to move my capital to the colonial nation.
According to wiki i should:
1.Move my capital to african region while having only one province there
2.Move capital from African region to Brazil

Is that correct?

Playing as Portugal I want to move my capital to the colonial nation.
According to wiki i should:
1.Move my capital to african region while having only one province there
2.Move capital from African region to Brazil

Is that correct?
You can't move your capital to a colonial nation*. But you can move your capital to a colonial region. What you describe is one way to do that. But it doesn't have to be Africa. It can be another continent(e.g. North America which has provinces that are not in a colonial region). And you can have multiple provinces on the intermediate continent as long as the capital province is the only province in a state and it doesn't border any of your other provinces. So even if you have only one province in Africa, it wouldn't work if that province is Ceuta and you own Gibraltar in Europe which is connected to Ceuta via a strait.

* Portugal can Flee to Brazil to take over their colonial nation and then become Brazil and get a capital in Brazil that way

I have a stranded vassal army that I want to ship home. Sent a fleet to the nearest seaport - 1 province away. Turned on the let ally board the fleet. Nothing happened. How do I get my vassal to board the ships so that I can take them home?