EUIV - Quick Questions / Quick Answers

• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Am trying to stop muscovy forming Russia, just fought a long and bloody war.
I can't take Moscow in the peace deal but I can take some other provinces.

Problem is some places say muscovy needs Nizhni Novgorod or Vologda, some say Nizhni Novgorod or vladamir.... Which is it please?

Am trying to stop muscovy forming Russia, just fought a long and bloody war.
I can't take Moscow in the peace deal but I can take some other provinces.

Problem is some places say muscovy needs Nizhni Novgorod or Vologda, some say Nizhni Novgorod or vladamir.... Which is it please?
Either the province 306 (usually called Nizhny Novgorod) or the province 307 (usually called Vladimir) is needed to form Russia in eu4. Are the places that say "Vologda" talking about eu2?

Any new information or educated guesses on when 1.31 will be released?

Playing as Austria and am currently curia controller. The button for sending a papal legate (1+ diplorep) us nussing. The rest of the papal actions are there. Any ideas why?

Playing as Austria and am currently curia controller. The button for sending a papal legate (1+ diplorep) us nussing. The rest of the papal actions are there. Any ideas why?
This button is only available if you are not the papal controller. But I have no idea why.

Reactions:
I have some questions about unit sprites.
When I am playing as a custom nation how many different sprite packages can I choose for my country? I've noticed that the little exclamation mark remains in the ones I've looked at unless I remove it, even when I then select a different one to look at.
If you can use more than one, how does it determine which one to assign each army?

If I choose one sprite package that only has say the first 2 levels of sprites, can I choose another one also that has the last 2 levels of sprites as the sprites to use at the higher levels?

Is there any way to stop the HRE emperor joining a war ? I'm working on the achievement for completing the British mission tree; you're required to take Lubeck, Bremen, and also three electors as vassals. Hoping that there's a way I can con the emperor out of joining in, so that I can get through those quickly ?

I've enjoyed the rest of the British mission tree, but the prospect of 3 / 4 boring slogs through the HRE to take a couple of minors isn't exactly filling me with joy.

Is there any way to stop the HRE emperor joining a war ? I'm working on the achievement for completing the British mission tree; you're required to take Lubeck, Bremen, and also three electors as vassals. Hoping that there's a way I can con the emperor out of joining in, so that I can get through those quickly ?

I've enjoyed the rest of the British mission tree, but the prospect of 3 / 4 boring slogs through the HRE to take a couple of minors isn't exactly filling me with joy.
In many games it is easier to dismantle the HRE. This fulfills the british HRE missions and if there is no emperor, the north german countries have less protection. Dismantling can be relatively easy if you manage to ally all electors which are not allied to the emperor.

• 3Like
Reactions:
On the latest patch playing as Poland is its possible to get Prussian Confederation event?
If yes, what are the conditions (as for sure they are not the same as we had it before the new estate system).

In many games it is easier to dismantle the HRE. This fulfills the british HRE missions and if there is no emperor, the north german countries have less protection. Dismantling can be relatively easy if you manage to ally all electors which are not allied to the emperor.

Hey - thanks for the above - follow up question to you / anyone expert in messing with the HRE -

I'm in the middle of my dismantle war
I started the war allied to Bohemia (elector)
I've fully occupied all of the other electors
I've fully occupied Austria and turned their armies into cat food
THEN
Bohemia broke their alliance with me - I think the Turks forced them to break treaties in another war they were in
THEREFORE
I can't declare war on them, as they're already in one of my occupy-the-electors wars
I can't declare war on any of their allies to get them, as they're in a war with me, so they won't join with their ally
Meaning I'm stuck again with this boring HRE slog of a war

Is there any way I can get at Bohemia OR get their alliance back ? (I can't ally them as I'm at war - they're at peace, so hoping I can nudge them to ally me via some means ?)

It seems silly that I lose an alliance and then that nation stays in my war too, I'll raise that as a suggestion in the appropriate forum !

Hoping there's a way I can salvage this, otherwise I'm doing with my GB playthrough - this HRE business is so damn tedious. No idea why the devs put contorl-the-HRE missions in the British tree, there's no historical basis for it whatsoever.

THEN
Bohemia broke their alliance with me - I think the Turks forced them to break treaties in another war they were in
THEREFORE
I can't declare war on them, as they're already in one of my occupy-the-electors wars
I can't declare war on any of their allies to get them, as they're in a war with me, so they won't join with their ally

Is there any way I can get at Bohemia OR get their alliance back ? (I can't ally them as I'm at war - they're at peace, so hoping I can nudge them to ally me via some means ?)
If Bohemia was forced to break the alliance, you can't get it back for 10 years.
But if the emperor is not the warleader, you can make a separate peace with them and then declare war on Bohemia. To make it easier to occupy the emperor again, you can position your armies in provinces next to them that you own, occupy or conquer from them and then mothball all their forts. If you make the peace on the first of a month and immediately declare war on Bohemia, you can rush the forts of the emperor. If you can reach them before the first month tick all but the capital fort can be sieged down by 1k troops and taken in one siege tick, because they have no garrison.

• 1Like
Reactions:
If Bohemia was forced to break the alliance, you can't get it back for 10 years.
But if the emperor is not the warleader, you can make a separate peace with them and then declare war on Bohemia. To make it easier to occupy the emperor again, you can position your armies in provinces next to them that you own, occupy or conquer from them and then mothball all their forts. If you make the peace on the first of a month and immediately declare war on Bohemia, you can rush the forts of the emperor. If you can reach them before the first month tick all but the capital fort can be sieged down by 1k troops and taken in one siege tick, because they have no garrison.

Thanks - great shout, but the emperor is the warleader of my third war (he was also allied to the last two electors I needed)

I'll try waiting it out, see if Bohemia asks for the alliance back after the truce / treaties thing expires.

Edit - realised that that won't work either; they're still in one of my wars as an ally (silly game), so they won't be able to re-ally me anyway. I'll have to peace out the wars, and start the whole thing all over again - I can't even vassalise the electors, as they're clocking in at 108% - 365% of warscore, even for 1-3 province minors.

I'm going to go play Kerbal for a bit - at least orbital mechanics are logical in their punishing you constantly :D

Last edited by a moderator:
Have Paradox changed the events for Burgundy? Because in over 20 attempts, with various countries, Charles always gets a male heir of strong or average claim and the event doesn't fire.

Over 30 times now:

Screenshot 2020-10-16 at 00.11.48.png

Is this normal?

Why do you assume it is *not* normal? everyone keeps assuming Burundy inheritance should always fire for a player. It never was 100% guaranteed, not now in 1.30 either :)

I do not expect it to fire all the time, or for a player. However, in 30 continuous attempts Charles got an heir within the first 10 or 15 years, sometimes even the first 5 years. I think this is worth noting because Burgundy does not seem exempt from "heir events" that might fire for the player, meaning it's very unlikely they won't get an heir. I think the previous system in which Charles was made a general made the BI more likely to fire.

Hey - thanks for the above - follow up question to you / anyone expert in messing with the HRE -

THEN
THEREFORE

It seems silly that I lose an alliance and then that nation stays in my war too, I'll raise that as a suggestion in the appropriate forum !

Hoping there's a way I can salvage this, otherwise I'm doing with my GB playthrough - this HRE business is so damn tedious. No idea why the devs put contorl-the-HRE missions in the British tree, there's no historical basis for it whatsoever.

What if you try for Bohemia to leave your war(s)?
That should happen 5 years (or shortly after) past the war declaration. Then allies usually are at a point where they white-peace out with the opposing warleader, because of war enthusiasm, length of war etc. If you get "Call for peace" ignore it.

After Bohemia is not in a war on your side anymore and if Bohemia has an ally outside the HRE, you can then declare on that nation.
Assuming Bohemia will help his friend and join against you.