EUIV - Quick Questions / Quick Answers

• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
How do you invite someone to the HRE?
You don't. They ask to join if a few conditions are met, but most of the times they don't. Also, some imperial incidents add nations to HRE. You can release inside the HRE if you want more countries.

If you type mapmode aihre in console you can see a part of what goes behind joining HRE. Non ironman compatible.

I was playing a custom nation that is an elective monarchy and had the event "the struggle for royal power" fire, It has been ongoing for 50 years at this point. How do you end it or is it not really meant to trigger for anyone but Poland?

What is the % chance that after "The Shadow Kingdom" event countries from Italy will remain in HRE?
In every game I played most of the HRE members are choosing second option.

What is the % chance that after "The Shadow Kingdom" event countries from Italy will remain in HRE?
In every game I played most of the HRE members are choosing second option.
The penalties for staying in the HRE if you are not allied with the emperor are huge. So small chances.

Hello, I just got the Burgundian Inheritance as Savoy but it was pretty early so I couldn't keep liberty desire low so my rivals are supporting independence. It should be okay, because France also hates Burgundy since they want the land, so I assume they won't support independence.

I have two questions about this. Firstly, emperor(my ally) demanded the lowlands and I refused it but he didn't dow me, is it because we are allied? And secondly, can the instant inheritance event fire when they are disloyal?

Screenshot_3.png

Cr1N1Om.jpg

How the hell do you end the age of revolutions disaster!? It says I must have stab 3 and no rebel provinces or armies, but the game never changed the red x to a green check mark. Was my game broken somehow? I don't understand how I can meet the requirements, THERE WERE NO REBELS, but it won't end. The only explanation I can figure out is is says "20 years" so does that mean you MUST spend 20 years putting down rebellions before I can end it?

Cr1N1Om.jpg

How the hell do you end the age of revolutions disaster!? It says I must have stab 3 and no rebel provinces or armies, but the game never changed the red x to a green check mark. Was my game broken somehow? I don't understand how I can meet the requirements, THERE WERE NO REBELS, but it won't end. The only explanation I can figure out is is says "20 years" so does that mean you MUST spend 20 years putting down rebellions before I can end it?
Are you sure there isn't some random island somewhere with rebels? rebels from your country wandering in other people's lands? The first checkmark is a "20 years" OR "stability 3", and it looks like you have stab 3, so you shouldn't have to wait 2 decades

Are you sure there isn't some random island somewhere with rebels? rebels from your country wandering in other people's lands? The first checkmark is a "20 years" OR "stability 3", and it looks like you have stab 3, so you shouldn't have to wait 2 decades
There was absolutely nothing. And WOW! I let them win and the disaster is STILL active! I must have a bug, it has to be, there is not way this can STILL be happening if I am already revolutionary, right?

a8eURGd.jpg

WHAT the hell!?

Also, it tested the 20 year theory and that didn't work, game is over, i stayed bugged unto the end.

Last edited:
There was absolutely nothing. And WOW! I let them win and the disaster is STILL active! I must have a bug, it has to be, there is not way this can STILL be happening if I am already revolutionary, right?

a8eURGd.jpg

WHAT the hell!?

Also, it tested the 20 year theory and that didn't work, game is over, i stayed bugged unto the end.
The "Rebels break country" bar is partially filled. That means that there are some rebels in your country somewhere.

Reactions:
The "Rebels break country" bar is partially filled. That means that there are some rebels in your country somewhere.
This screenshot was long after everything was settled and there were no rebels and the game was over. Another army of millions of rebels sprung up even after being at 3 stability, after 20 years, and no rebels present in the country. Based on the feedback this has to be a glitch of some kind.

With the new governing capacity concept, has it become unnecessary minding that in peace treaty you take provinces in the same state? I haven't had a chance to get into it because while playing pacifist Austria I've been way below my governing capacity.

With the new governing capacity concept, has it become unnecessary minding that in peace treaty you take provinces in the same state? I haven't had a chance to get into it because while playing pacifist Austria I've been way below my governing capacity.
It matters when you build state houses since the trade goods in 1 specific province may be the optimal place for it.
Otherwise the only thing i can think of is if you have mission claims on a large area, you can grab a single province from multiple states, fully core them, then take the rest in the 2nd war, thereby giving the claim coring cost reduction on the full core and not just the territory coring.

Reactions:
It matters when you build state houses since the trade goods in 1 specific province may be the optimal place for it.
You mean if one province has the appropriate trade goods then I should take that whole state to take advantage of reduced statewide governing cost?
Otherwise the only thing i can think of is if you have mission claims on a large area, you can grab a single province from multiple states, fully core them, then take the rest in the 2nd war, thereby giving the claim coring cost reduction on the full core and not just the territory coring.
Sweet. I never ever thought of this. Mission claims on Poland and Balkans are exactly what got me thinking about it.

This screenshot was long after everything was settled and there were no rebels and the game was over.
Then why did you post that screenshot if it doesn't show the situation that you are talking about?
Based on the feedback this has to be a glitch of some kind.
You didn't provide any useful information to see if there is a glitch, so I think that there isn't one. You could have posted at least a full screenshot of the stability tab which would show if the game thinks that there are rebels active or not. And uploading the save game would also have been helpful to see what is going on. And if there really is a glitch, you could have attached that save game to a bugreport so that it can be fixed.

Reactions:
You mean if one province has the appropriate trade goods then I should take that whole state to take advantage of reduced statewide governing cost?
When building state houses you evaluate it based on:
1. Highest state dev.
2. If it lacks the bonus trade goods, divide it's dev by half when comparing which state to build it first.
3. Place it in the province with the bonus first hand, and worst trade goods value (glass < gem < paper) secondly.

When you don't own the full state you don't get the full state house benefit, and you don't want to build it just to replace it 10 years later when the best province to place it ends up in your control.

Reactions:
The sc
Then why did you post that screenshot if it doesn't show the situation that you are talking about?

You didn't provide any useful information to see if there is a glitch, so I think that there isn't one. You could have posted at least a full screenshot of the stability tab which would show if the game thinks that there are rebels active or not. And uploading the save game would also have been helpful to see what is going on. And if there really is a glitch, you could have attached that save game to a bugreport so that it can be fixed.
The screenshot shows I am already revolutionary but it did not take away the disaster, you can see my flag and name changed but the disaster is still there, even after accepting demands the rebels are still spawning in the millions and destroying my country, that's the point I'm trying to make there. It was bugged before that, and continued to be bugged after I just let them win to hope it would stop but it did not.
I was playing iron Man so I don't have a save, but I don't know if the devs have a way to back track it..

I´m in a Donghai -> Manchu -> Qing? Run and dunno if I can combine the Horde achievements for 200 lifestock if I take the EoC. That would give me a different T1 Government Reform making me no longer a steppe horde and therefore not eligible for the achievements, right? So I´d have to take the 200 provinces before I take EoC. Oder can I take EoC and just wait with forming Qing until I got the provinces?

Last edited:
I don't think you can take EoC if you want the achievement. You could start as Oirat and form Yuan instead because that doesn't come with forced government change provided you completely annihilate Ming (or any current EoC).

Last edited: