EUIV - Quick Questions / Quick Answers

• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
As an HRE prince, how do I support an imperial reform? I tried left and right clicking on the reform and left and right clicking on my shield in the "princes" screen (that says my support is -100 due to human player not supporting reform).

Okay, question.

I'm Burgundy, and the inheritance is likely going to happen soon, as Charles is getting older, and I have Marie as heir.

I'm planning on going to France, who isn't my vassal. I currently have a truce timer with them. But I was thinking of one more war, to take a bit more from them. However, I don't want to be stuck under a truce too long, as a vassal.

So do truce timers reset if you fall under a PU? Or do they hang around? And what happens if I have a truce when the event 'The Duchess of Burgundy Dies' fires, which fires a independence war.

Okay, question.

I'm Burgundy, and the inheritance is likely going to happen soon, as Charles is getting older, and I have Marie as heir.

I'm planning on going to France, who isn't my vassal. I currently have a truce timer with them. But I was thinking of one more war, to take a bit more from them. However, I don't want to be stuck under a truce too long, as a vassal.

So do truce timers reset if you fall under a PU? Or do they hang around? And what happens if I have a truce when the event 'The Duchess of Burgundy Dies' fires, which fires a independence war.
Truce timers doesn't reset when you fall under PU. When Marie dies you declare the indepence war even if you have truce with them since it is scripted but you don't get truce breaking penalties.

As an HRE prince, how do I support an imperial reform? I tried left and right clicking on the reform and left and right clicking on my shield in the "princes" screen (that says my support is -100 due to human player not supporting reform).
Okay I found out by taking a closer look, there are small checkboxes at the bottom right of each reform. Maybe they ought to be made a bit more obvious or started off ticked so it's easier to see.

I'm Burgundy. How in the incident did Burgundy and the Empire join the HRE? The princes of the Empire vote against it, but my relations with them are good and I have a great diplomatic reputation. At the same time, some of the princes who are with me have a bad relationship support me in this Imperial incident.
How i can join to HRE? Voting is random?

I'm Burgundy. How in the incident did Burgundy and the Empire join the HRE?
The Emperor decides.

The votes of the princes just determine who is happy with him and who is upset with him.

Reactions:
I bought EU4 plus all DLC on Steam for Mac. If I ever go back to the dark side and convert to Windows, would I have to repurchase the whole lot?

I bought EU4 plus all DLC on Steam for Mac. If I ever go back to the dark side and convert to Windows, would I have to repurchase the whole lot?
Steam is cross platform. If you have the game and the DLCs on steam, you can use it on any of the operating systems that the game supports(Windows, macOS and Linux)

Reactions:
Thank you! Would it be pushing it for two questions in one day, but started a new game after a VERY long time of not playing, and France has a red flag with a galloping horse (or fox?) in it for the 1453 start date (or whenever the first date is). Does that sound right? Holland has a green flag with a half crescent. Feels like a bug to me, but maybe I'm missing something!

Thank you! Would it be pushing it for two questions in one day, but started a new game after a VERY long time of not playing, and France has a red flag with a galloping horse (or fox?) in it for the 1453 start date (or whenever the first date is). Does that sound right? Holland has a green flag with a half crescent. Feels like a bug to me, but maybe I'm missing something!
The normal start date is Nov 11th 1444.
France's flag should look like
France.png
and the Holland flag should look like
Holland.png
. If they look differently try to delete the flags folder in "Documents\Paradox Interactive\Europa Universalis IV\gfx" (not the one in your game installation folder). That usually fixes broken flags.

• 1Like
Reactions:
Guys! Are there any updates or promises on fixing block settlement growth option?
I took a break from my Aragon into Spain run, because I couldn't stop Castile from colonising and being above 46 provinces all the time. I blocked the growth decades ago. I wait for the hotfix instead of a manual PU integration for a stupid reason.

20200723194602_1.jpg

20200723194704_1.jpg

Guys! Are there any updates or promises on fixing block settlement growth option?
I took a break from my Aragon into Spain run, because I couldn't stop Castile from colonising and being above 46 provinces all the time. I blocked the growth decades ago. I wait for the hotfix instead of a manual PU integration for a stupid reason.
I don't think any fix is going to help you. Blocking settlement growth doesn't prevent them from colonizing new provinces. It prevents them from promoting settlement growth which is using their colonist in existing provinces to increase development. You would actually want them to do that so that they don't colonize new provinces. But I don't think that the AI would promote settlement growth as long as there are provinces that they want to colonize.

Edit: I think that your best option is to make Castile lose some provinces in a war. You could 100% win a war against one of their neighbors(land border is important) and force them to take some of Castile's provinces that have a land connection with their provinces.

For the achievement where you have to have 25 development in all of England, it
IS only England right? Scotland and Ireland is out of the equation?

I don't think any fix is going to help you. Blocking settlement growth doesn't prevent them from colonizing new provinces. It prevents them from promoting settlement growth which is using their colonist in existing provinces to increase development. You would actually want them to do that so that they don't colonize new provinces. But I don't think that the AI would promote settlement growth as long as there are provinces that they want to colonize.

Edit: I think that your best option is to make Castile lose some provinces in a war. You could 100% win a war against one of their neighbors(land border is important) and force them to take some of Castile's provinces that have a land connection with their provinces.

Oh, alright. I misunderstood this option it seems. Thank you for your reply!

The normal start date is Nov 11th 1444.
France's flag should look like
France.png
and the Holland flag should look like
Holland.png
. If they look differently try to delete the flags folder in "Documents\Paradox Interactive\Europa Universalis IV\gfx" (not the one in your game installation folder). That usually fixes broken flags.

That did the trick! So much more immersive now with the beautiful, correct flags. ;)

Quick other question - why would anyone ever transfer trade power to another country? Is it only to curry favor, or am I missing something about trade dynamics?

That did the trick! So much more immersive now with the beautiful, correct flags. ;)

Quick other question - why would anyone ever transfer trade power to another country? Is it only to curry favor, or am I missing something about trade dynamics?
You can't declare war on someone who is transferring trade power to you. Though it pretty simple to circumvent this, as there isn't a truce established when you cancel the deal.

• 1Like
Reactions:
For the achievement where you have to have 25 development in all of England, it
IS only England right? Scotland and Ireland is out of the equation?
You don't even need all of England. You only need the London, East Midlands, West Midlands, East Anglia, Wessex, and Yorkshire areas (The Northern England area is not needed). The wiki has a map of the needed provinces

Reactions:
As Byzantium, Naples supported the independence of my two vassals, Serbia and Crete.
Crete declared war on me as the leader, Naples and Serbia joined.
My vassals no longer appear in the vassal menu.

Online research told me that ending the war in victory on terms that do NOT include "independence" your former vassals become your vassals again. (example, white peace; or example, I take land from Serbia and then peace them out separately, Serbia will by default become my vassal again)

I'm worried this might be old information.

Sue for peace with Crete, the war leader, has the option to make them "concede defeat" but I have no idea what that actually does. Will I only get my vassals back if I make peace with the war leader to concede defeat? Should I do the whole deal through them or can I separate peace the others, Serbia and Naples?

Also, I assume I can separate peace Naples and take some land without messing up my vassal situation.

This was a lot of questions but I want to ask first before potentially ruining my game.

Thanks in advance.

What message setting do I need to change to get notified if a "great power intervention" happens? I was fighting another war, and suddenly started getting popups about the Ottomans taking my provinces.. would have been useful to know we were suddenly at war with the Ottomans.

I'm getting flashbacks from Hoi3 when the game didn't think "Germany has declared war on us" was an important event in a WW2 game.

• 1Like
Reactions: