EUIV - Quick Questions / Quick Answers

• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
I hear about the AI being more aggressive on hard and VH, but does it also likes to support the independence of my disloyal subjects more often as well?
I have two >1k dev colonies, they became quite disloyal with revolutions, but they have no means of declaring independence themselves, as I'm just too powerful for them.
I kept thinking how interesting it could be if they allied my rivals and tried their hand at a it, but they never do.
I'll be making the jump from normal to VH finally for the extra aggressiveness of the AI, but I wonder what's the situation with powerful subjects there as well.

I hear about the AI being more aggressive on hard and VH, but does it also likes to support the independence of my disloyal subjects more often as well?
I have two >1k dev colonies, they became quite disloyal with revolutions, but they have no means of declaring independence themselves, as I'm just too powerful for them.
I kept thinking how interesting it could be if they allied my rivals and tried their hand at a it, but they never do.
I'll be making the jump from normal to VH finally for the extra aggressiveness of the AI, but I wonder what's the situation with powerful subjects there as well.
I don't know about that but I made a mini mod for this reason
I don't think I've ever had a colonial nation of mine declare independence. In my current run as Great Britain, Newfoundland has gone to 77% liberty desire and they could not even get anyone to support their independence let alone declare one.
It's based on the American Quest for Independence event chain, but for the time being I allow it for any CN in Americas. It serves the purpose of fighting a plausible war very well. I can upload it if you want to give it a shot.

Reactions:
probably reload so it recalculates, if its not catholic it shouldnt get pope interactions, you lose opinion and probably settlers if you break the treaty, not worth due to settlers
Nope, still https://prnt.sc/thfdpx .
It will still count as a violation of the Treaty of Tordesillas. Great Britain's religion doesn't matter for the treaty. At the moment that they get the treaty their CN must be catholic and the pope must have a positive opinion of Great Britain. Afterwards the religion of the CN and the opinion of the pope doesn't matter anymore. The only way that I know how to remove the treaty is to kill Great Britain.
Nasty. I wanted Mexico for myself but I want to stay catholic due to the massive relation hit when harsh stance is used by catholics and the huge penalties hit. My AE will insta kill me. I am also a neighbor of the pope, and he is my ally, yet the AE still affects our relations.

In fact I don't think you can play aggressively in Europe if you convert to protestant, if you get -80 relations with catholics. Instant coalition.

Nope, still https://prnt.sc/thfdpx .

Nasty. I wanted Mexico for myself but I want to stay catholic due to the massive relation hit when harsh stance is used by catholics and the huge penalties hit. My AE will insta kill me. I am also a neighbor of the pope, and he is my ally, yet the AE still affects our relations.

In fact I don't think you can play aggressively in Europe if you convert to protestant, if you get -80 relations with catholics. Instant coalition.
You can take most of Mexico by conquering it. Conquest doesn't violate the Treaty of Tordesillas.

As Milan i have just got the new Ambrosian Republic government, and i got to still have estates. Will those stick around even after the disaster is over if i’m still Ambrosian? Will estates stick around if i become a military dictatorship?

I don't know about that but I made a mini mod for this reason

It's based on the American Quest for Independence event chain, but for the time being I allow it for any CN in Americas. It serves the purpose of fighting a plausible war very well. I can upload it if you want to give it a shot.
Yes, would definitely like to!
I was thinking of modding something in myself, like a disaster where your colonies and your rivals would DoW you, but this could already be what I need.

I am not very familiar with the american event chain, but in this current game of mine I colonized exactly the Thirteen Colonies and Louisiana regions.
Surely enough, the USA gained cores on the Thirteen Colonies, but I'm not sure what the actual effects were, I've seen rebellions, but I'm not sure if they were american separatists as I fully ignored them.
With 200k troops, the colony doesn't need me babysitting them at all, so if those american events did anything there besides giving cores, I'm not even aware.
I'd love to hear more details on what these events on your mod do, and to try it myself.

Yes, would definitely like to!
I was thinking of modding something in myself, like a disaster where your colonies and your rivals would DoW you, but this could already be what I need.

I am not very familiar with the american event chain, but in this current game of mine I colonized exactly the Thirteen Colonies and Louisiana regions.
Surely enough, the USA gained cores on the Thirteen Colonies, but I'm not sure what the actual effects were, I've seen rebellions, but I'm not sure if they were american separatists as I fully ignored them.
With 200k troops, the colony doesn't need me babysitting them at all, so if those american events did anything there besides giving cores, I'm not even aware.
I'd love to hear more details on what these events on your mod do, and to try it myself.
That's about it! If those rebels manage to do anything, which is unlikely against a human controlled CN, then Thirteen Colonies have a chance of getting their independence and forming USA.

I tried to sum up what my mod does here. I'm sure you can figure it out on your own as well. Have fun!

Reactions:
Does anybody know what happens to the Burgundy Inheritance if the Empire gets dismantled?

None of the event conditions seems to require the HRE to exist, but if there is no emperor, that could narrow the possibilities for who Burgundy can choose. The vassals still should be integrated as normal, since they are French, Dutch or Flemish. Could be interesting for a French or Burgundy player.

That's about it! If those rebels manage to do anything, which is unlikely against a human controlled CN, then Thirteen Colonies have a chance of getting their independence and forming USA.

I tried to sum up what my mod does here. I'm sure you can figure it out on your own as well. Have fun!
Very nice!
Will be sure to use it in my current campaign.

Cavalry ratio: so base is 50%. If I add 20% from national ideas/government/estate does it means that is now 70%?

And this in turn means that to get penalty on tactics if I have 10000 men between infantry and cavalry, cavalry will need to be over 7000?

Yes, but keep in mind the penalty can kick in mid battle. So even if you have 70% and bought 5000 Inf + 5000 Cav but at one point the percentage of cav exceeds 70% because of casualties you will then get the penalty.

• 2Like
Reactions:
Yes, but keep in mind the penalty can kick in mid battle. So even if you have 70% and bought 5000 Inf + 5000 Cav but at one point the percentage of cav exceeds 70% because of casualties you will then get the penalty.

This.

In the early and mid game, with a 50% cav allowance, I will normally use only 33%. (Eg: 4 inf + 2 cav.) This allows for casualties, and also allows you to use the "split" and "merge" buttons at will, without having to think too much. (If you click "split" on an army of 8+4, you get 2 armies of 4+2: no change in cav ratio. Ditto for 4+2 -> 2x 2+1.) I know that this is nowhere near the optimum for minmaxed play, but it is very convenient.

What is the best way to stop or limit revolutionary spread to your country if the revolutionary target is too big and scary to engage in war?

Is it possible to browse an ironman campaign at 3 January 1821 or I can only view the timeline via end game screen and other in-game tabs are inaccessible?

Have you tried an extended timeline mod?

Obviously, back up your save file first.

If the mod works the way I think it does, you should be able to open the save and browse around to your heart's content. However, I haven't actually tried this (I've made it to 1821 precisely once), so I don't know if this'll actually work. But it's not too big a time investment, so it's probably worth a shot.

• 1Like
Reactions:
Have you tried an extended timeline mod?

Obviously, back up your save file first.

If the mod works the way I think it does, you should be able to open the save and browse around to your heart's content. However, I haven't actually tried this (I've made it to 1821 precisely once), so I don't know if this'll actually work. But it's not too big a time investment, so it's probably worth a shot.
The normal extended timeline mod won't work, because it changes a lot about the game(e.g. new provinces). If you load a normal save game with that mod many provinces will have the wrong owner.

@Cuervo0 : Mods that only change the end date should allow you to view the game after the end date. For example this mod: https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=1844718456

• 1Like
Reactions: