EUIV - Quick Questions / Quick Answers

• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

Sandmann

General
60 Badges
Jan 4, 2002
  • Stellaris: Galaxy Edition
  • Sengoku
  • Supreme Ruler 2020
  • Supreme Ruler: Cold War
  • Victoria 2: A House Divided
  • Rome: Vae Victis
  • 500k Club
  • Europa Universalis IV: El Dorado
  • Europa Universalis IV: Pre-order
  • Europa Universalis IV: Common Sense
  • Europa Universalis IV: Cossacks
  • Europa Universalis IV: Mare Nostrum
  • Stellaris
  • Semper Fi
  • Stellaris: Galaxy Edition
  • Europa Universalis IV: Rights of Man
  • Stellaris: Digital Anniversary Edition
  • Stellaris: Leviathans Story Pack
  • Stellaris - Path to Destruction bundle
  • Europa Universalis IV: Mandate of Heaven
  • Europa Universalis IV: Third Rome
  • Stellaris: Synthetic Dawn
  • Europa Universalis IV: Cradle of Civilization
  • Stellaris: Humanoids Species Pack
  • Stellaris: Apocalypse
  • Europa Universalis 4: Emperor
  • Europa Universalis IV: Call to arms event
  • Crusader Kings II
  • Darkest Hour
  • Deus Vult
  • East India Company
  • Europa Universalis III
  • Europa Universalis III: Chronicles
  • Europa Universalis III Complete
  • Divine Wind
  • Europa Universalis IV
  • Europa Universalis IV: Art of War
  • Europa Universalis IV: Conquest of Paradise
  • Europa Universalis IV: Wealth of Nations
  • Hearts of Iron II: Armageddon
  • For The Glory
  • For the Motherland
  • Hearts of Iron III
  • Hearts of Iron III: Their Finest Hour
  • Heir to the Throne
  • Europa Universalis IV: Res Publica
  • Victoria: Revolutions
  • Europa Universalis: Rome
This type of thread was very useful in the EU3 forum. The premise is quite simple: Instead of creating a new thread for a small yes/no or "where is...?" question, people can post their question(s) here. This will help keeping the forum more "clean".

Questions such as: "What is the best National Idea?" and that kind deserve their own thread since they're too complex and depend on a number of factors.

When answering a question, please quote the question you're answering. If no one seem to be answering your question, maybe no one knows at the moment, be patient.

To check if your question has already been answered, please use the "Search this thread" function to the right.

Is there in-game custom keybinding?

As someone who's never played any previous installments of the EU franchise, I have a questin about the military. When I upgrade my technology I've noticed that I can choose different types of infantry/cavalry etc. Does this automatically apply to my already recruited and standing armies, or will I have to recruit new regiments to enjoy the upgrade?

Cheers

As someone who's never played any previous installments of the EU franchise, I have a questin about the military. When I upgrade my technology I've noticed that I can choose different types of infantry/cavalry etc. Does this automatically apply to my already recruited and standing armies, or will I have to recruit new regiments to enjoy the upgrade?

Cheers

Applies to standing armies; newly upgraded armies will have their morale drop to 0. Does NOT apply to navies: if you want a newer boat, you have to build one. The older ones can be either decomissioned or sent to the colonies :p

• 2Like
Reactions:
Sphere of influence is gone right? I see we can promote guarantee tho. Anyone found something else to spend the prestige on?
To my understanding, prestige is just a passive number, like legitimacy. There isn't anything to spend it on, but it is important to keep it high to keep its benefits (i.e., its effect on your tax income and unit morale, to name a few) high as well.

Whenever I upgrade one of my units in the demo, those units I already had fielded immediately made the tech jump to the new unit type.

Sphere of influence is gone right? I see we can promote guarantee tho. Anyone found something else to spend the prestige on?

Positive prestige levels have alot of great bonuses, and decays really fast. It's not so much having things to use your prestige on as it is trying to prevent it from dropping too low. It's more of a modifier that you want as high as possible at any time.

• 1Like
Reactions:
Thanks for the quick answers - now to another question regarding the military upgrades. Is there any rule of thumb, such as new is always better, concerning military technology and regiment upgrades? The different statistics for each unit type are kind of confusing to understand as a new player.

Thanks for the quick answers - now to another question regarding the military upgrades. Is there any rule of thumb, such as new is always better, concerning military technology and regiment upgrades? The different statistics for each unit type are kind of confusing to understand as a new player.

Yes, new is always better (I think there was a cannon in EU3 which was better than the new one, but that was it).
Note: Eastern and Muslim tech groups tend to have better cavalry at the start than Western tech group. In EU3 it was possible to reform and change only your infantry type (for that moment) - if it is possible here I have no idea, but it would a moment when older would be better (for a while).

Positive prestige levels have alot of great bonuses, and decays really fast. It's not so much having things to use your prestige on as it is trying to prevent it from dropping too low. It's more of a modifier that you want as high as possible at any time.

Yep! But in EU3 we could also spend it (expand influence) on lesser countries to incorporate them in our sphere of influence and grow the SoI larger and larger. This gameplay feature seems to be removed or reworked, I'm not sure what. Someone mentioned that there is a map for sphere of influence so maybe it's still in somewhere. If someone know please enlight me.

Yep! But in EU3 we could also spend it (expand influence) on lesser countries to incorporate them in our sphere of influence and grow the SoI larger and larger. This gameplay feature seems to be removed or reworked, I'm not sure what. Someone mentioned that there is a map for sphere of influence so maybe it's still in somewhere. If someone know please enlight me.
There is no mention about soi in the manual. I guess its a residual map mode that they forgot to delete. Or it could be that they forgot to remove the soi map mode from the demo simply because they work on some SOI patch.

There is no mention about soi in the manual. I guess its a residual map mode that they forgot to delete. Or it could be that they forgot to remove the soi map mode from the demo simply because they work on some SOI patch.

There is a manual? :eek:hmy: