EUIV - Quick Questions / Quick Answers

• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
EDIT#2: Actually, it looks like you can only form Austria if you were NEVER a German regional tag. Both Prussia and Austria are German regional tags, so I think you're out of luck.
Thats sadge. Well, then i need re-structure my strat. Thanks for taking the time.
Looks like i need to drop the imperial austrian gov type. I.e. just dropping the 2nd austria formation and go Sardinia-Piedmond before Prussia.
Austria -> Sardina-Piedmont -> Prussia -> Germany -> Roman Empire.
I could start as Aragon instead to also get most of those PUs im aiming for as Austria. But getting into the saxon lands wouldnt be as easy/early to achieve.

Last edited:
  • 1Like
Reactions:
Thats sadge. Well, then i need re-structure my strat. Thanks for taking the time.
Looks like i need to drop the imperial austrian gov type. I.e. just dropping the 2nd austria formation and go Sardinia-Piedmond before Prussia.
Austria -> Sardina-Piedmont -> Prussia -> Germany -> Roman Empire.
I could start as Aragon instead to also get most of those PUs im aiming for as Austria. But getting into the saxon lands wouldnt be as easy/early to achieve.
You could start as Bohemia. Gives access to PU Hungary and Poland (most likely with Lithuania too), is in a prime position to marry and ally Burgundy, feed him a little then get the inheritance, deal with Austria itself (Tirol and Styria make great vassals to dismantle him, and you get claims for the capital area), get the Balkans and deal with the Ottomans early on for the Austrian missions later, plus you get to deal with Brandenburg and Saxony early on for Prussia, after the BI and your main missions done flip Netherlands, use their mission to PU Great Britain, then you can go Dalmatia (helps you flip out of the Germanic group for the Austria switch), Austria itself, then Croatia (nice bonuses in missions and also another out of Germanic switch), Prussia, then finally Sardinia-Piedmont into Italy into Roman Empire. Or if you prefer the German missions you can do SP only, but Italy has a nice permanent 20% force limit, which could be useful for the military hegemon (with few states because of the tag switches be prepared to say goodbye to states pretty much). Bonus if you manage to conquer and kill France then you can reform them too for a PU on Spain, then integrate everything for a couple hundred dip with admin-influence policy, Bohemian -15% permanent reduction, Austrian idea and Austrian mission.

• 1Like
Reactions:
You could start as Bohemia. Gives access to PU Hungary and Poland (most likely with Lithuania too), is in a prime position to marry and ally Burgundy, feed him a little then get the inheritance, deal with Austria itself (Tirol and Styria make great vassals to dismantle him, and you get claims for the capital area), get the Balkans and deal with the Ottomans early on for the Austrian missions later, plus you get to deal with Brandenburg and Saxony early on for Prussia, after the BI and your main missions done flip Netherlands, use their mission to PU Great Britain, then you can go Dalmatia (helps you flip out of the Germanic group for the Austria switch), Austria itself, then Croatia (nice bonuses in missions and also another out of Germanic switch), Prussia, then finally Sardinia-Piedmont into Italy into Roman Empire. Or if you prefer the German missions you can do SP only, but Italy has a nice permanent 20% force limit, which could be useful for the military hegemon (with few states because of the tag switches be prepared to say goodbye to states pretty much). Bonus if you manage to conquer and kill France then you can reform them too for a PU on Spain, then integrate everything for a couple hundred dip with admin-influence policy, Bohemian -15% permanent reduction, Austrian idea and Austrian mission.

Yeah, Bohemia is also a great pick. Perma -15% annexation cost and -5 years of seperatism is awesome. However, for the latter id need to play the HRE game for a while or i need 2000 dev.
I ll include Croatia/Dalmatia and maybe Netherlands on the one big tag switching event im planning after i got max absolutism. Shame that Bohemia isnt a formable...
Thanks for the suggestion :)

Yeah, Bohemia is also a great pick. Perma -15% annexation cost and -5 years of seperatism is awesome. However, for the latter id need to play the HRE game for a while or i need 2000 dev.
I ll include Croatia/Dalmatia and maybe Netherlands on the one big tag switching event im planning after i got max absolutism. Shame that Bohemia isnt a formable...
Thanks for the suggestion :)
Dalmatia might be tricky, since it is only formable if you own 10 or fewer provinces.

• 1Like
Reactions:
However, for the latter id need to play the HRE game for a while or i need 2000 dev
2000 dev isn't that much by that point, you'll have it easily (or you definitely should) by the mid 1500s, and if I understand it correctly, you are planning to go on the switching spree in the Age of Absolutism.

• 1Like
Reactions:
2000 dev isn't that much by that point, you'll have it easily (or you definitely should) by the mid 1500s, and if I understand it correctly, you are planning to go on the switching spree in the Age of Absolutism.

Yeah thats true. Thought about a Bohemian strat the last days and it seems really tempting :)
Another thing which came to my mind was that you re kinda able to choose your dynasty as Bohemia at the start by only doing one certain marriage. Id only need to restart if the Jiri event hits too soon.
Im currently thinking about either Trastamara or Valois. But as you said before, i can also get a Spain PU via mission so Valois seems to be the choice.

Hi, does someone know how to remove ironman from a save?
The tools that I know about are: pdx.tools(formerly rakaly. to de-ironman, select your ironman save, let it be analyzed and then click on the "i" icon on the right and then on "Melt" in the top-right corner), Pdx-Unlimiter, skanderbeg, paperman(give it your eu4.exe to update the converter for your game version), a trick to make eu4 convert the save game, ironmelt(defunct). They are somewhat ordered by how good they work with the current game version.

Reactions:
Hello
I'm playing the Mughals, I'm in 1740 and am tempted to change my gov reforms, especially for tier 1 : eastern plutocracy
It states "Allows Pluticratic ideas but disallows Aristocratic ideas"
I already completed Aristocratic. So if I enforce the reform, will I keep the Aristocratic group? Will it change to plutocratic? Will it be erased? (refunded?)
Thanks

Is there a way to view several provinces at once to see which buildings are present or do you have to go to each individual province?

Is there a way to view several provinces at once to see which buildings are present or do you have to go to each individual province?
It's not at all ideal, but I tend to use the macrobuilder to see which provinces already have a particular building (coloured blue on the map), and I switch back and forth between the few key buildings I care about at that moment.

The "buildings" mapmode is also somewhat useful for highlighting provinces with open slots.

Reactions:
If you form Malaya, do you keep your mission tree? As Malacca has Malaccan campaigns CB which i really like
On the one hand, the missions have all got potential = { tag = MLC }, so I suspect you probably lose them. But, on the other hand, I remember reading that nation-formation decisions need to include the "obtain new missions" line or you don't get new missions (and Malaya doesn't have that).

I suggest you test it out in non-ironman with the console?

If you form Malaya, do you keep your mission tree? As Malacca has Malaccan campaigns CB which i really like
You won't get new missions, because the decision to form Malay doesn't have the obtain new missions effect. And even if you get new missions, you won't lose the Malacca campaign CB if you already finished the mission which gives you the CB.

• 1Like
Reactions:
You won't get new missions, because the decision to form Malay doesn't have the obtain new missions effect. And even if you get new missions, you won't lose the Malacca campaign CB if you already finished the mission which gives you the CB.
ok thats what i wanted to know.

On a related question, i should probably full annex and release nations rather than force vassalize them? So i can avoid the "force vassalize" penalty?

ok thats what i wanted to know.

On a related question, i should probably full annex and release nations rather than force vassalize them? So i can avoid the "force vassalize" penalty?
Not necessarily a good idea. Annex-releasing them would probably cost more AE and, more significantly downgrade all their CoTs. That's not in you interest since it means more money draining out of the Malacca node. Just send a diplomat to improve relations instead.