EUIV - Quick Questions / Quick Answers

• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
I'm doing an achievement run as France and I got a quick question: do you need to actually own Moscow, Vienna, and Berlin yourself for "Better than Napoleon" or is it okay to give them away to client states?

I'm doing an achievement run as France and I got a quick question: do you need to actually own Moscow, Vienna, and Berlin yourself for "Better than Napoleon" or is it okay to give them away to client states?
Yes - as France

• 1Like
Reactions:
Did this change? I botched this achievement by doing exactly that in a France WC I did a long time ago - putting both into clients states while forgetting about the achievement and not getting it.
As Liilebor said you have to own the provinces yourself and client states don't count. And this was never changed as far as I can tell

Reactions:
While at war, when I am giving objects for my allies and vassals I have a felling that they are trying to occupy marked province only when the have nothig else to do.
What is your experience with this option? Do you also have the same feeling?

While at war, when I am giving objects for my allies and vassals I have a felling that they are trying to occupy marked province only when the have nothig else to do.
What is your experience with this option? Do you also have the same feeling?
On one level, yes, that's correct. If they need that army somewhere else (eg. to put down a giant civil war at home) then you would expect them to ignore your requests until they've finished dealing with more pressing issues. And this is fine, because it would be very overpowered if the player could give direct orders to the AI.

On the other hand, I frequently use this feature when armies are passing a certain fort I want occupied, and they usually make an immediate u-turn to do what I requested. So it definitely works very well on armies that are nearby and assigned to the war.

Does it work at all? Yes. Could it be better? Also yes.

How hard is it to become the Emperor of HRE while playing as a country which is not a part of HRE like Castile or France?
Taking Diplomatic idea na making electors your allies should do it or it is maybe more tricky?

How hard is it to become the Emperor of HRE while playing as a country which is not a part of HRE like Castile or France?
Taking Diplomatic idea na making electors your allies should do it or it is maybe more tricky?
Wiki has an article on HRE, describing Electoral voting preferences. To win, you must have the most votes from electors when current emperor dies.

It's significantly harder than it is for HRE states, but not impossible. Non-HRE nations basically have a penalty of 130 reasons compared to what a nation within the HRE can reasonably achieve.

• 1Like
Reactions:
If all you want is to be emperor then you can do it easily by vassalising (or PU-ing) 4 electors and making them love you. (Or maybe fewer if you can get someone to vote for you without vassalisation.) However, I believe this makes it harder overall to pass reforms, because most princes will dislike you for the fact that you have electors as vassals (but I'm working off several-year-old knowledge here, so that may be outdated).

If you want to be emperor without vassalising electors then, yeah, you need to boost dip rep and relations with electors. And possibly also curry favors with them so you can used "reduce opinion" to harm their opinion of (usually) Austria.

Additional notes:
  • After you become emperor, you can add your realm to the HRE, which makes it much more likely you'll be elected again even without vassalised electors (because you get the "large realm in the HRE" bonus to voting reasons).
  • The emperor must follow the HRE's official faith.
  • If you pass the States General government reform, you cannot be elected as HREmperor. (Not sure if you get kicked out, but you definitely can't be elected.)
  • If you PU an elector and are a member of the HRE and inherit (not integrate) them then you will inherit their electoral vote. This is almost the only way you can acquire an electoral vote (because AI emperors will only give votes to very-small nations).

Reactions:
Question regaring Anglican Religious Actions:

I can find a logic for "Marry Local Noblewoman" which gives you random female consort
but I dont understand what is useful in "Divorce Consort".
According to wiki "The current consort is removed. (This does not end any royal marriages.)"

The question is whats the point of changing current consort in this case?

Question regaring Anglican Religious Actions:

I can find a logic for "Marry Local Noblewoman" which gives you random female consort
but I dont understand what is useful in "Divorce Consort".
According to wiki "The current consort is removed. (This does not end any royal marriages.)"

The question is whats the point of changing current consort in this case?

To get an achievement. And, possibly, to get a better regent for your underaged heir.

Reactions:
Is there anything useful to spend gov reform points on, other than increasing gov cap and centralising states?
  • I really don't need gov cap (I'm using 750/2280 for 5k development, thanks to courthouses everywhere)
  • Centralising states doesn't seem particularly useful (and it requires admin points, which are needed for tech & cores)
  • I've got all the government reforms I want, and I don't want to switch to monarchy/theocracy.
Basically, I rarely play after 1700, so I'm wondering if I'm missing anything that might seem obvious to the wider community...

Does the order of when you centralize state vs expand infrastructure impact the results, or do both modifiers go directly off of the core dev?
Nothing else in this game is order-dependent, but I don't know how the maths works exactly. The usual pattern is (cost from dev + all flat cost modifiers) * (100% + all % cost modifiers)

• 1Like
Reactions:
Does the order of when you centralize state vs expand infrastructure impact the results, or do both modifiers go directly off of the core dev?
Nothing else in this game is order-dependent, but I don't know how the maths works exactly. The usual pattern is (cost from dev + all flat cost modifiers) * (100% + all % cost modifiers)
In the specific case the flat Governing Capacity cost from Expand Infrastructure, it is added at the very end of the usual pattern, so there is nothing that mitigates it. Regardless of the order you do it.

Reactions:
is it a feature or a bug that since the latest patch the AI calls me into offensive wars eventhough i am overextended and/or fighting in another war?
is it a feature or a bug that since the latest patch the AI calls me into offensive wars against countries that i have marked as "friendly"? I thought maybe the opinion fell off the 50mark but its not that
the latter makes the game especially unpredictable

is it a feature or a bug that since the latest patch the AI calls me into offensive wars eventhough i am overextended and/or fighting in another war?
is it a feature or a bug that since the latest patch the AI calls me into offensive wars against countries that i have marked as "friendly"? I thought maybe the opinion fell off the 50mark but its not that
the latter makes the game especially unpredictable
Did you try to load your last baclup/autosave and switch to your ally and see if the AI would have accepted the call-to-arms in your place? If it is an ironman save, you have to melt i first (e.g. with https://pdx.tools/ )