EUIV - Quick Questions / Quick Answers

• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
I have a quick question too, using the search function didn't help and I don't have the patience now to skim through pages of patchnotes. Has the Expand Empire CB been nerfed? I remember it allowed forcing 200 WS nations into the Empire, but now I don't have the CB against Denmark who is like 175 WS, has the breakpoint been lowered to 100?

I have a quick question too, using the search function didn't help and I don't have the patience now to skim through pages of patchnotes. Has the Expand Empire CB been nerfed? I remember it allowed forcing 200 WS nations into the Empire, but now I don't have the CB against Denmark who is like 175 WS, has the breakpoint been lowered to 100?
One of the later 1.31 patches(I think 1.31.5.2) changed it so that you pay the full provincial warscore cost for the expand empire peace term. And the CB is should only be available if you can use the peace term. But there is some inaccuracy so the CB doesn't seem to have been available against countries which had a total warscore cost of 100%(in my tests the threshold was around 97%).
In 1.32 the province warscore cost for annexing provinces was reduced by 20% and this is reflected in the tooltip in the province window for the total warscore cost. But this reduction doesn't seem to apply to the expand empire CB. And because the previous inaccuracy still remains, the current threshold is around 78%.

Reactions:
One of the later 1.31 patches(I think 1.31.5.2) changed it so that you pay the full provincial warscore cost for the expand empire peace term. And the CB is should only be available if you can use the peace term. But there is some inaccuracy so the CB doesn't seem to have been available against countries which had a total warscore cost of 100%(in my tests the threshold was around 97%).
In 1.32 the province warscore cost for annexing provinces was reduced by 20% and this is reflected in the tooltip in the province window for the total warscore cost. But this reduction doesn't seem to apply to the expand empire CB. And because the previous inaccuracy still remains, the current threshold is around 78%.
Thanks. I was hoping that with high absolutism I'll be able to get him under 100, but I don't see it happening going to 78.

Sounds like a bug. Did you report it?
I did not report it. I'm not even sure if this is a bug. But there are several more issues with the expand empire CB which might warrant a bugreport:
  1. the inaccuracies which I mentioned above.(but maybe it is intentional to avoid situations in which the warscore cost increases slightly and you won't be able to use the peace term in the war)
  2. there is PEACE_COST_JOIN_HRE = 90 in defines.lua which doesn't seem to do anything
  3. defines.lua contains FORCE_JOIN_HRE_AUTHORITY_PER_DEVELOPMENT = 0.1, but this is not always the case
  4. PO_FORCE_JOIN_EMPIRE_AE = 0.2 and the take_capital_force_join_hre wargoal further has badboy_factor = 0.25, but the AE is not always dev*0.2*0.25 (even without any AE impact modifiers)
  5. PO_JOIN_EMPIRE_PRESTIGE = 0.25 and the take_capital_force_join_hre wargoal further has prestige_factor = 0.25 but the prestige doesn't always seem to match that
3-5 might be related. I have one save where all of them are twice as high as they should be. I think it might depend on the number of provinces of the country which border the HRE.

Reactions:
I had a trade company in Persia before moving my capital from Constantinople to Sinop.

After I moved to Sinop the "You can make states" blue flag icon appeared.

I clicked it and found the Imerti area had reverted back to simple 90% autonomy territories.

When I tried to recreate the Trade Company, it tells me there are no applicable provinces.

Why? My Superregion/Subcontinent is the Levant and I should be able to form trade companies in any other superregion.
Wiki: Trade companies may be formed by any nation in any of the 63 trade company regions throughout the old world, provided they are not on the same superregion (hence not on the same subcontinent) as the nation's capital.

Pictures/Documentation...

Edit: It must be a bug. I reloaded but it didn't correct. When I took over 2 more provinces (see image #4 white circles) I find I can now create the Trade Company. I wonder if it a well-known bug or should I post in Bug Reports?

Attachments

• 1.png
    1.png
    17,8 MB · Views: 0
  • 2.jpg
    2.jpg
    6,5 MB · Views: 0
  • 3.jpg
    3.jpg
    6,4 MB · Views: 0
  • 4.png
    4.png
    17,2 MB · Views: 0
Last edited:
I had a trade company in Persia before moving my capital from Constantinople to Sinop.

After I moved to Sinop the "You can make states" blue flag icon appeared.

I clicked it and found the Imerti area had reverted back to simple 90% autonomy territories.

When I tried to recreate the Trade Company, it tells me there are no applicable provinces.
This sounds like the bug in which you lose trade companies if you move your capital to a different trade nodes. The provinces then get the modifier
"Left Trade Company" for 5 years which prevents you from adding them again(that's why you can only add new provinces).
Which game version are you playing? I thought this bug was fixed and I can't reproduce it in 1.32.2 anymore.

Reactions:
So I've progressed further. It's now the Age of Absolutism, with admin efficiency and feeding Sweden Gotland and the Skane area I've brought Denmark down to 88 WS. Still no CB, but my absolutism isn't maxed out yet and I can get some more admin efficiency, but grotaclas seems to be right that the threshold is somewhere around 78 WS. I'll check it when I get more modifiers.

EDIT: I increased my absolutism further, and got the +5% admin efficiency from the age bonus. Denmark is now 77 WS and I got the CB, so the observations are right.

Last edited:
Reactions:
This sounds like the bug in which you lose trade companies if you move your capital to a different trade nodes. The provinces then get the modifier
"Left Trade Company" for 5 years which prevents you from adding them again(that's why you can only add new provinces).
Which game version are you playing? I thought this bug was fixed and I can't reproduce it in 1.32.2 anymore.
The older 1.31.6.

My rationale: To avoid bugs associated with the latest update (LOL).

If a country become revolutionary after the event "Dreams of liberty" (+30% liberty desire in every colonies) does it lose this malus or it will keep it forever?
Changing goverment form is not named in the event list but this seems strange to me.

If a country become revolutionary after the event "Dreams of liberty" (+30% liberty desire in every colonies) does it lose this malus or it will keep it forever?
Changing goverment form is not named in the event list but this seems strange to me.
If you become revolutionary, your colonial nations should lose the modifier. This is coded in enact_revolution_effect and in the on_action on_embrace_revolution.

If you become revolutionary, your colonial nations should lose the modifier. This is coded in enact_revolution_effect and in the on_action on_embrace_revolution.
I tried to tag to a Revolutionary Country which wasn't the original revolution target and unluckly it seems that they still have dreams of liberty...the revolution target doesn't have it, all the other state still have it...it has not a lot of sense and this should definitly not present in any revolutionary country...

I tried to tag to a Revolutionary Country which wasn't the original revolution target and unluckly it seems that they still have dreams of liberty...the revolution target doesn't have it, all the other state still have it...it has not a lot of sense and this should definitly not present in any revolutionary country...
Do you happen to know how the country became revolutionary? I looked at the files again and it could be that revolutionary rebels don't trigger the removal of the modifier when they enforce their demands.
Maybe you can make a bugreport about this if there isn't one yet

Do you happen to know how the country became revolutionary? I looked at the files again and it could be that revolutionary rebels don't trigger the removal of the modifier when they enforce their demands.
Maybe you can make a bugreport about this if there isn't one yet

I'm not sure actually if rebels enforced their demands, but I don't think so, it's Spain and it was pretty big at the time despite losing 1 or 2 wars

Sometimes monuments are missing & I'm finally curious enough to ask why.

Presently, I'm interested in why the Winter Palace is not in Neva. The Wiki says it can not be moved, but yet it's not there.

Was it not created in a specific mission the AI skipped? Destroyed somehow?
Europa Universalis IV 12_10_2021 11_07_22 PM.png

As Hussite Bohemia, I obviously want the Peace of Westphalia to happen. Is there any way for me to force this, or am I at the mercy of the AI?

(I'm blocked from being League leader, and only the leader gets the League War CB, and it looks like that's the only way to trigger the Peace of Westphalia. In earlier versions, I think any league member could attack the emperor and control the outcome of the League War, but it seems that changed at some point.)