EUIV - Quick Questions / Quick Answers

• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Hello,
I filled this bug report about hordes not getting money https://forum.paradoxplaza.com/foru...wont-get-money-when-razing-provinces.1402087/
It's an easily reproducible bug.

With 1.30 patch looted provinces actually paid off by your own treasury which can be seen in monthly balance. Maybe game considers razing as looting your own treasury right now. I don't know if it is also seen on monthly balance though, its just a guess.

If that is the case money in the conquered provinces should be directly added to treasury even without razing.

Reactions:
Quick question about vassal spawning. I'm trying to spawn Aragon from Spain. I took a single province in Sardinia but the option doesn't appear. What am I doing wrong here? The province of choice to spawn from, or trying to spawn Aragon itself when Spain exists? I'm Mamluks and trying to conquer spain using the reconquest CB.
edit:
Was on Ironman so I save scummed and this time took Rosello instead and I can spawn Aragon right there. What the hell happened there?

Last edited:
Quick question about vassal spawning. I'm trying to spawn Aragon from Spain. I took a single province in Sardinia but the option doesn't appear. What am I doing wrong here? The province of choice to spawn from, or trying to spawn Aragon itself when Spain exists? I'm Mamluks and trying to conquer spain using the reconquest CB.
edit:
Was on Ironman so I save scummed and this time took Rosello instead and I can spawn Aragon right there. What the hell happened there?
The province needs to have a core of Aragon and it needs to have a culture which is in the same culture group as the primary culture of Aragon. The province in Sardinia probably has a latin culture instead of an iberian culture.

• 1Like
Reactions:
I got the Burgendy inheritance as Austria quite early game, when Charles had no heir, and thus no Marie. When I got the inheritance, I got the PU, and then a few days later, got an event saying I got the PU, with the text saying, get PU on Burgundy. Not sure if working as intended there.

Anyway, looking at the event Duchess of Burgundy Dies, since I have got them under a PU for a few decades now, and still no inheritance of them. This modifier is needed

has the country modifier "mary_is_on_the_throne".

Does this modifier still happen if BI is PU'd without Mary as the heir?

Also what happens if BI is Forced PU'd by either France or Austria? Does it still work?

The burgher estate had me for a mission about some colonization.
I was in the middle of doing it (like 1 year after accepting the mission so no "expirated mission" problem here), then I got a message saying something alike "due to changes in our country, the mission is concelled" and the burgher gained -5% equilibrium loyalty.

What is that ?

I just started an Oirat to Yuan campaign. I immediately attacked Ming with mandate CB and finished the war at 1450 thanks to events. I wanted to truce break Ming as soon as my cores are done but I got a message after the war saying I lost the mandate CB. I remember it was possible to use it for truce breaking Ming in the past, and I couldn't find anything about it in 1.30 patch notes. Is it recently changed and not available during peace time like humiliate CB or is it just a new bug aswell?

Hey.

As Austria, if Bavaria forms, the mission that gives permanent claims on Bavaria will switch to a Force PU on Bavaria. Which makes some sense historically, since Austria tried repeatedly to gain Bavaria, historically by trading it for Austrian Netherlands.

I was wondering. Does this also apply for Swabia? Austria gets permanent claims on them, and I was wondering if that also becomes a PU if they form? I've been keeping them from forming, by the normal Emperor method of demanding land and wars to break them up.

There isn't a dev diary every week. Far from it.

Aggressive Expansion -
Let's say there is a culture group (european christian) with whom I have 0 aggressive expansion. I have another culture group (asian muslim) with whom I have a ton and they are starting to form a coalition.
How much aggressive expansion can I get with the first group, before they start getting aggressive expansion even when I am conquering territories from the second group?
If I get only 1-3 aggressive expaniosn points, it usually disappears quite quickly. If I have more than 50, every time I get more aggressive expansion anywhere else on the map they alos get some.
Is it 50? 40? 20? 1?

Aggressive Expansion -
Let's say there is a culture group (european christian) with whom I have 0 aggressive expansion. I have another culture group (asian muslim) with whom I have a ton and they are starting to form a coalition.
How much aggressive expansion can I get with the first group, before they start getting aggressive expansion even when I am conquering territories from the second group?
If I get only 1-3 aggressive expaniosn points, it usually disappears quite quickly. If I have more than 50, every time I get more aggressive expansion anywhere else on the map they alos get some.
Is it 50? 40? 20? 1?
The AE gain is reduced by distance, different culture group, and different religion, but it doesn't depend on current AE. What you're seeing is probably the alert that only pings when new AE will be over 50. If your conquest is slow the AE will burn off faster than you get it, if you conquer an extreme amount it wont. Coalitions are joined iff a country is over 50AE

The AE gain is reduced by distance, different culture group, and different religion, but it doesn't depend on current AE. What you're seeing is probably the alert that only pings when new AE will be over 50. If your conquest is slow the AE will burn off faster than you get it, if you conquer an extreme amount it wont. Coalitions are joined iff a country is over 50AE
For some reason, if I have no AE with a certain group and I conquer from a second group the AE stays at 0.
If I have high AE with a certain group and I attack another group the AE rises with the first group as well.
Any advice on this?

For some reason, if I have no AE with a certain group and I conquer from a second group the AE stays at 0.
If I have high AE with a certain group and I attack another group the AE rises with the first group as well.
Any advice on this?

this is due to distance. wrong religious group can get a bit of AE if you take land from other religious group nearby. Ways to avoid this is to improve relations with everyone with high ae, and make sure you got a small buffer of positive relations with all of 'm to take huge ae peace deal in other religous group, after improving with everyone in that latter religious group.

Its micro heavy, but if you use the list of nations in diplomacy tab of your nation, then sort by opinion, its easier to manually improve with anyone hovering near negative opinion and +50 ae.

i can also link to my guide on this topic: https://forum.paradoxplaza.com/forum/threads/coalition-handling-guide.956958/

this is due to distance. wrong religious group can get a bit of AE if you take land from other religious group nearby. Ways to avoid this is to improve relations with everyone with high ae, and make sure you got a small buffer of positive relations with all of 'm to take huge ae peace deal in other religous group, after improving with everyone in that latter religious group.

Its micro heavy, but if you use the list of nations in diplomacy tab of your nation, then sort by opinion, its easier to manually improve with anyone hovering near negative opinion and +50 ae.

i can also link to my guide on this topic: https://forum.paradoxplaza.com/forum/threads/coalition-handling-guide.956958/
Thanks for the link!

I have 0 AE with everyone in Europe. I am trying to conquer 5 provinces from Bohemia for a Hungarian mission (which gives PU over Bohemia, once I have 5 provinces). If I take all 5 provinces at once I get over 50 AE with almost everyone in HRE and even 100+ with some of them. I already have a coalition against me, amongst the muslim nations, so I am trying to conquer the 5 Bohemian Provinces in a way, that the european AE stays below coalition numbers (50)

What would be the best approach? Wait till I smash the muslim coalition?
Should I make 5 small wars against Bohemia and only take one province each time?
Should I do it in 2 wars?
I am trying to take Silesia, but it is already the age of reformation, so I can't get it as a vassal with theage ability.

Thanks for the link!

I have 0 AE with everyone in Europe. I am trying to conquer 5 provinces from Bohemia for a Hungarian mission (which gives PU over Bohemia, once I have 5 provinces). If I take all 5 provinces at once I get over 50 AE with almost everyone in HRE and even 100+ with some of them. I already have a coalition against me, amongst the muslim nations, so I am trying to conquer the 5 Bohemian Provinces in a way, that the european AE stays below coalition numbers (50)

Should I make 5 small wars against Bohemia and only take one province each time?
I am trying to take Silesia, but it is already the age of reformation, so I can't get it as a vassal with theage ability.

can you take the cheapest province from silesia, and then reconquest? it would be lot less AE

Thanks for the link!

You can try to dismantle HRE, as far as i understand you are already in strong position. If you don't have any AE with europeans right now you should be able to ally almost all the electors temporarily, which makes dismantling HRE a piece of cake. A significant portion of that AE comes from HRE modifier, once you get rid of that it will be much easier.

Hey.

As Austria, if Bavaria forms, the mission that gives permanent claims on Bavaria will switch to a Force PU on Bavaria. Which makes some sense historically, since Austria tried repeatedly to gain Bavaria, historically by trading it for Austrian Netherlands.

I was wondering. Does this also apply for Swabia? Austria gets permanent claims on them, and I was wondering if that also becomes a PU if they form? I've been keeping them from forming, by the normal Emperor method of demanding land and wars to break them up.
The mission that gives claims on the Swabia areas doesn't change if they exist.

• 1Like
Reactions: