EUIV - Help us identify your most wanted bugfix - 29th of October 2019

• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Showing developer posts only. Show all posts in this thread.

StarNaN

Victoria 3 Lead Producer
Paradox Staff
16 Badges
Aug 17, 2013
  • Europa Universalis IV
  • Victoria 2
  • Warlock: Master of the Arcane
  • Europa Universalis IV: El Dorado
  • Europa Universalis IV: Common Sense
Hello, I am “StarNaN” and you may have seen me on the EUIV bug forums. I work as Quality Assurance on Europa Universalis IV. When prioritizing bugs, a lot of different factors go into that decision. A few examples are “how many are affected by this bug?”, “what is the severity of the bug?” and “how long will it take to fix the bug?”. We try to fix bugs that we believe affects you, our players, the most.

I would like to have a better overview of what bugs you find annoying, so here we are :)

This thread will be moderated in a different way than other threads, and we will have a few different rules. The guidelines for this thread are the following:
  • One bug per post.
  • Avoid flooding the thread with all the bugs you know about, try to think of the one bug you would most ideally want fixed.
  • Describe the bug as thorough as possible. Having a link to a Bug Forum thread that has more information and steps to reproduce or a save where it is currently occurring helps us greatly. Posts that do not have sufficient information will be removed.
  • Avoid duplicates. Look through the thread and see if someone else has posted the bug that you wanted to write about. Instead of writing your own post, agree with that post. Duplicates will be removed.
  • Avoid discussions. I want this thread as clean as possible, so everyone can find issues to agree with more easily. Discussions will be removed.
Throughout the week, I will monitor this thread and see which bugs you would like us to fix, but also see if there are any bugs missing in our database.

Please note that while we will look at the most “popular” bugs, we can’t guarantee that they will be fixed for 1.30. We will try to make 1.30 as good as possible, and I believe having your input is instrumental for that.

Depending on how this thread turns out, we might do more of these types of structured feedback threads in the future.

my bad, but wouldt it be useful to have a similar thread dedicated to QoL or are you guys aware of all the flaws?

We've had one in the past focused on Quality of Life, but not with this thread structure. Depending on the result of this thread, we might do one like this for QoL in the future. So far I think this thread has been nice. You can always request a thread like this for QoL wishes in the Dev Diary, but in this thread I will continue to be strict about the rules to see if this thread setup works. I hope you understand :)

I will now stop moderating this thread. I thank you all for your contribution and will note down all issues brought up and the amount of agrees.
The thread will remain open so you can keep using it if you want to but keep in mind we will no longer monitor it as intensely as we've done last week