EUIV: 1.33 Opt-in Beta Patch now Available on Steam!

• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
The code that regulates the timing of Shinto incidents might be recycled to increase the length of the Council of Trent.
This would be a good solution so that the CoT lasts at least the historical length. I would also add a decision for the Pope to use, if he's at war, to pause the Council ;which would pause the timer until he reconvenes it.

Beyond that, I assume this does break saves?

I’m missing a fix for the mandala system and chakravarty reforms that should increase the efficiency of concentrating development. Currently this feature is broken.

Reactions:
After watching a game in observer mode, it's clear that the penalty for small nations that are the emperor against reforms needs to be balanced. Hesse, which regularly becomes emperor for some reason, was sat on 100 IA, good relations with all the electors (all in favour of Hesse) and the rest of the HRE and yet still no one supported any reforms. Only 1 reform was passed by 1520, and that was by Austria in the first few years of the game. This needs balancing ASAP.

• 4Like
Reactions:
I am being asked for a beta access code when I try and use this. What needs to be entered here?
Isn't "1.33_beta" in the list already without entering the code? Just selecting it will switch you to that version

Orochon country name is misspelled the correct name should be Orochoni.
Until the end of the 19th, beginning of the 20th century researchers (Russian and Western) did not separate Udege and Oroch, considering them one people (often called Orochoni.

- The Polish events regarding the Elective Monarchy are no longer bound to the Polish culture but to the tag of Poland.

So becoming Commonwealth removes the events?

Has the total warscore requirement for the HRE "Expand Empire" casus belli been fixed yet? Every patch seems to change the point at which it becomes available to use on bordering countries. Right now a country needs to have a total warscore of less than.. around 79% before it can be expanded upon which doesn't make much sense.

It's such a weird number and definitely needs some patching up to at least apply more consistently.

Does France's mission "L'etat c'est moi" (avg. autonomy less than 15%) still take into account trade company autonomy (thereby making the mission near impossible once unlocked)? If so, I hope this gets looked at.

Patch looks great! And another suggestion based off of my post here:
https forum.paradoxplaza com/forum/threads/50-of-all-forts-deleted-after-50-years-of-game-time.1506881/post-28043550 (cant put the link unfortunately)

TL;DR: Could you increase the base tax across the board of all nations from 1 to 1.5? It would be a gamechanger for minor nations with very low dev, allowing them to maintain the armies that they have at the start of the game(rather than deleting them day 2)

- Can no longer annihilate powerful AI enemies through multiple peace deals with all of your allies as they'll unconditionally surrender if on -100% war score and won't accept any other peace offers until the war leader has peaced out.
Not a huge fan of this change. Although clearly an unintentional interaction, the ability to "partition" a large country (such as the ottomans with poland, mamluks, hungary as allies with byzantium for example) made for more interesting outcomes in the succeeding region, as rather than an extremely slow death taking over a hundred years, where random unaffiliated nations would be taking a piece of the pie, you saw a coalition of nations taking down and partitioning a regional threat among themselves.

If this hadn't been treated as an "exploit" in Reman's video and instead considered a "feature" or "tactic", I can't help but think that it would still remain in the game, even if discovered by devs.

• 6Like
Reactions:
Not a huge fan of this change. Although clearly an unintentional interaction, the ability to "partition" a large country (such as the ottomans with poland, mamluks, hungary as allies with byzantium for example) made for more interesting outcomes in the succeeding region, as rather than an extremely slow death taking over a hundred years, where random unaffiliated nations would be taking a piece of the pie, you saw a coalition of nations taking down and partitioning a regional threat among themselves.

If this hadn't been treated as an "exploit" in Reman's video and instead considered a "feature" or "tactic", I can't help but think that it would still remain in the game, even if discovered by devs.
Yeah, that kind of sucks. I agree. It's been in game for years, Reman makes a video and it's fixed instantly. Devs definitely let themselves be guided by popular opinion.

But tbh it was also ridiculously powerful how you could shatter France or the Ottomans practically entirely in one war by calling in a few of their rivals with promise of land and having them chunk everything up.

• 4Like
Reactions:

Totally agree on that. It isn't an exploit by no means, it's something that the game's mechanics naturally allow for, without any bending or breaking the AI. For me it's in the same bracket is sending a 1k condottieri stack against one of your enemy's allies to apply the occupied and besieged modifier by sitting on their capital to make them dishonor a CtA, it's something the game's mechanics allow for but the AI isn't programmed to do. Just like landing in a port for that matter, instead of walking out of ships, which the AI was mostly incapable of, but the player always does.

• 2Like
Reactions:
- Burgundy can no longer get rid of Charles.

This is ridiculous. Why are they singled out while other nations are allowed to dump even worse rulers? What's the point in having the mechanic to disinherit unwanted heirs and then carving out exceptions to it? Even if you made it ai only it still smacks heavily of railroading in which case why not go back to EU 1/2 days and railroad everything?

• 1Like
Reactions:
Yeah, that kind of sucks. I agree. It's been in game for years, Reman makes a video and it's fixed instantly. Devs definitely let themselves be guided by popular opinion.

But tbh it was also ridiculously powerful how you could shatter France or the Ottomans practically entirely in one war by calling in a few of their rivals with promise of land and having them chunk everything up.
While I agree it was very strong, and would likely have become a core tactic for any minor nation run surrounding the ottomans, its not completely ahistorical to assume that a coalition could dethrone a regional hegemon if it managed to gain support from that power's rivals.
What is ahistorical is that after completely dominating a nation in war(such that you could full occupy them multiple times if you wish), that you would only be able to take a fifth of their territory(and then spend the successive 60+ years slowly chewing them without truce-overriding nonsense). This "exploit" in my view offered a fix for an otherwise broken system.

I'm willing to hear alternate views on this, but I don't think large powers after being humbled by a player-assembled coalition SHOULD be able to get by losing only 100% war score.

Reactions:
The changes to CBs have made playing as vassals awful and i hope this gets reversed. Countries like Athens, Perm, and Kandy will be near impossible now. This is an unnecessary and unwanted change.

Reactions: