EUIV 1.30.5 Nakama is now Live on Steam! [checksum 76c9] - NOT FOR PROBLEM REPORTS!

• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm sorry if it's supposed to be on support page or the question is outright silly. There are two old versions on steam; "1.30.4 old version" and "public beta 1.30.4"

Are they the same checksum? Which one should I have to choose in order to continue my previous (but awesome) Sweden campaign?

Reactions:
Reverting to previous version only works if your game wasn't saved in the newer version. If it saves then your save will become incompatible with both versions and there is no fix.
I know, I still have a copy of the original save with proper version, but for some reason reverting to the older version messed up the checksums so I'll probably have to do a reinstall. Not sure why though, I've never had issues with reverting to older versions before.

Reactions:
We have been asking for an MP patch for a long long time. I guess we should've known what we were gonna get, this broken patch that doesn't work and as of now will 100% kill eu4 MP. A 32 player limit kills competitive games, and I own a server that has 45+ players in competitive modded eu4 games and this patch is just sad for me. People put a lot of work into mp games, much more so than paradox does in their MP patches that's for sure. Anyhow if eu4 competitive mp dies I am uninstalling eu4 and every other paradox game and never buying a single paradox game again. I will also change my review from a 5 star to a 0 star. I was going to buy the dlc for my brother and friends, glad I waited Lol gonna save some money. Maybe I should be thanking paradox for giving me more time in my life and getting rid of an addiction. Thanks paradox I guess.

• 9Like
Reactions:
We have been asking for an MP patch for a long long time. I guess we should've known what we were gonna get, this broken patch that doesn't work and as of now will 100% kill eu4 MP. A 32 player limit kills competitive games, and I own a server that has 45+ players in competitive modded eu4 games and this patch is just sad for me. People put a lot of work into mp games, much more so than paradox does in their MP patches that's for sure. Anyhow if eu4 competitive mp dies I am uninstalling eu4 and every other paradox game and never buying a single paradox game again. I will also change my review from a 5 star to a 0 star. I was going to buy the dlc for my brother and friends, glad I waited Lol gonna save some money. Maybe I should be thanking paradox for giving me more time in my life and getting rid of an addiction. Thanks paradox I guess.
tell em king

muchos gracias el paradoxo for a solid taco patch, I appreciate how you continuously strive to free us from eu4 addiction, healthcare professionals should take big notes

• 3Like
Reactions:
Please give us more of a notice next time you're breaking Achievements in a playthrough, I keep backups when I do Ironman because... reasons, but I can already see plenty of people going into their 8hr Achievement run just to notice too late that they are disabled.

• 8Like
Reactions:
I have played on 6 multiplayer communities in the past 6 months mainly because a lot of the players interact with each other and because of when I die in mp early on. And I can say with confidence that competitive mp usually has 40 players minimum to even get a slightly full map. The 32 player cap is going to kill games and likely cause a death to competitive mp as a whole. You can slot 26 players in Europe/Africa alone with out it being completely cramped and another 15 from QQ eastward. This is not including the other issues the patch has like apparently just the game breaking when you click estates and etc. I am just saying if you do not care about mp just say you do not care don't go out of your way to kill mp community. The game "previous this hot fix" was preferable to this mainly because of the player cap.

Reactions:
I have played on 6 multiplayer communities in the past 6 months mainly because a lot of the players interact with each other and because of when I die in mp early on. And I can say with confidence that competitive mp usually has 40 players minimum to even get a slightly full map. The 32 player cap is going to kill games and likely cause a death to competitive mp as a whole. You can slot 26 players in Europe/Africa alone with out it being completely cramped and another 15 from QQ eastward. This is not including the other issues the patch has like apparently just the game breaking when you click estates and etc. I am just saying if you do not kill about mp just say you do not care don't go out of your way to kill mp community. The previous patch was preferable to this mainly because of the player cap.
If you mean by previous patch1.29 that one was completely unplayable and ignored bcs of number bug.

So we tried to rehost in the new patch after the initial 1444 desync and the majority of the players came into the game ghosted/desynced and now people are crashing rip

Attachments

• 1613500600491.png
    1613500600491.png
    334,1 KB · Views: 0
  • 1613500620917.png
    1613500620917.png
    179,9 KB · Views: 0
  • 3Like
Reactions:
I dont like you making changes to the multiplayer.

Its harder to fill up lobbies because now you are required to use a password and have an account.
Remove the requirement to login and let people play as guests by using their steam name instead of needing an account

EU4 has a stable and vibrant multiplayer community. I see people playing games all the time. Now the total amount of servers is much fewer and I see no new public 1444s up. Also, filling up those 1444s is much harder now. You messed up. Die hard players may need to quit for a few months while u fix your self-created problems.

Why didn't you just hire some developers to work on the multiplayer? Using a 3rd party was a bad choice. You should be in control of the game. Not some 3rd party that just works for some license fee that you pay and have to serve many other customers. Very disappointed with this, but let's see what happens.

I can actually feel that the "scan internet" button is refreshing server list slower than the old system.

• 1Like
Reactions:
Status
Not open for further replies.