EUIV: 1.30.2 Austria is now Live! (checksum c92d) - Not for problem reports

• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Test more effectively. Rather than fun around with dev multi-player do single player stuff so they actually see just how many holes they put in the ai.
How do you know they didn't it? You think 100% devs were busy with multiplayer issues or played multiplayer all the time? I doubt it

Or that they broke peace deals, or some of the other numerous bugs readily apparent to even a casual player within the first hour of playing the release version. No one is saying that releasing with bugs is unreasonable, however there are bugs such as Arawak's 5th idea having incorrect localization if they form a republic and bugs such as every rebel stack immediately retreats making them impossible to kill. One type is forgivable, one type is slipshod development and there are far too many of the latter type in recent Paradox releases across multiple titles.
You can't know they fixed 1000 bugs and there is 10 left that they didn't manage to fix at release. There is Cyberpunk2077 which was rescheduled two times already, and I think this is for the same reasons. Is people happy about it? No, they aren't. CDPR has some credit, but people start to complain everywhere.

How do you know they didn't it? You think 100% devs were busy with multiplayer issues or played multiplayer all the time? I doubt it

Because in an expansion centered on the HRE the ai was able to unite the HRE in 50 years of gameplay. Anyone who knows anything about history or the game would know that is entirely broken. There is 0% chance any sort of competent systemic QA was done on the game if it released in that state, period.

You can't know they fixed 1000 bugs and there is 10 left that they didn't manage to fix at release. There is Cyberpunk2077 which was rescheduled two times already, and I think this is for the same reasons. Is people happy about it? No, they aren't. CDPR has some credit, but people start to complain everywhere.

I can't know how many bugs they fixed, no. I do know they released the game with blatant bugs that casual players were reporting within 20 minutes of starting the game after the patch, ridiculous imbalances, and a truly broken HRE. This demonstrates that either they didn't test properly before determining the expansion was ready to release or they didn't care that the game wasn't ready to release and went ahead and released it anyway. Neither of those options is acceptable for a company that isn't faced with financial crunch issues and, since they went public, we all know they have quite healthy profit margins and can easily afford to hold off on announcing a release date until the product is reasonably ready rather than pushing out half-baked garbage.

Reactions:
Please present a compelling argument why Hungary should join the HRE when being in a PU with Austria when they never did this while being in a PU with Austria for several centuries.
The game should not necessarily replicate history. But things that also happened historically (Hungary being in a PU with Austria) should not produce ahistorical results (Hungary joining the HRE).

As for the OPMs, my experiences from an Austria game in 1.30.2 happen to be quite a bit different from yours. Several OPMs in Italy (e.g. Bologna, released Verona and Padua) joined the HRE rather quickly, and when I forced France to release Dauphiné and Berry, these two joined shortly before their truce with France expired as well.
I also had the Pope - who joined the empire through the special Imperial incident after I had reined Italy in - of all people expand the empire by adding territories that he had conquered from Naples.

There is no guarantee and no absolute automatism, but it is very much possible to get AI countries to join the HRE and to add provinces to it in 1.30.2. It is ok for this not to be instantaneous and super-easy, considering that in the EU4 timespan there were very few territories that joined the HRE even at times when the Emperor was enormously powerful.
The only historical cases are East Frisia and the counties of Artois and Flanders.

First of all, thx for your long answer-post, I do appreciate that!

In my first Austria-Run some Years ago, I´m pretty sure Hungary added province after province after I PU´ed them and having 200+ opinion.

All considered (my recent post was driven by frustration of course) I might just had an unlucky time (the OPMs not joining me in) and I didnt even reach the Imperial incidents, which I´m still looking forward too. Maybe I´ll give this Run another Try on the following weekend :)

Best Regards!

Edit: Let me add this Pun -> historically I also aggree with u here, the issue about the HRE was rather leaving than joining it ;)

In my first Austria-Run some Years ago, I´m pretty sure Hungary added province after province after I PU´ed them and having 200+ opinion.
Things aren't what they used to be and they never seem to be. At least on this planet. Luckily, Alderaan's not far away...

Please present a compelling argument why Hungary should join the HRE when being in a PU with Austria when they never did this while being in a PU with Austria for several centuries.
The game should not necessarily replicate history. But things that also happened historically (Hungary being in a PU with Austria) should not produce ahistorical results (Hungary joining the HRE).

As for the OPMs, my experiences from an Austria game in 1.30.2 happen to be quite a bit different from yours. Several OPMs in Italy (e.g. Bologna, released Verona and Padua) joined the HRE rather quickly, and when I forced France to release Dauphiné and Berry, these two joined shortly before their truce with France expired as well.
I also had the Pope - who joined the empire through the special Imperial incident after I had reined Italy in - of all people expand the empire by adding territories that he had conquered from Naples.

There is no guarantee and no absolute automatism, but it is very much possible to get AI countries to join the HRE and to add provinces to it in 1.30.2. It is ok for this not to be instantaneous and super-easy, considering that in the EU4 timespan there were very few territories that joined the HRE even at times when the Emperor was enormously powerful.
The only historical cases are East Frisia and the counties of Artois and Flanders.

Just Updating after playing another 15 years in the mentioned game: Bolognia and Berry literally the only both nation which joined the HRE. Paduo, Verona, Aquitanien, Dalmatia (which is very problematic because they cut the HRE from the rest of the balcans) just didnt, which imo doesnt make too much sense. The game-experience overall is quite ok, but I still think this is a bit of an overnerf.