EUIV: 1.30.2 Austria is now Live! (checksum c92d) - Not for problem reports

• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
If there is nothing they in the end when evaluating for the peace that they want, they are supposed to be cool with it, fixing a previous issue where you could give them nothing and they would get upset. If there's a way to cheese it please report it in the bug report forum.
budgetmonk's new byzantium video shows an exploit in it. The knights want a chunk of the anatolian coast including inland provinces. If you set the coastal ones as desired by yourself, the knights will still join on the promise of land, but will be happy with nothing as they can't possibly core the land they want which you don't want. I guess this will be a bit tricky to fix.

Last edited:
  • 2Like
Reactions:
I actually have a question which I don't think anyone asked: Was Brandenburg fixed so the Albrecht Achilles is the same between them and Ansbach? They had different regnal numbers before so it wouldn't fire the PU event

This DLC makes me think that Paradox is spreading itself too thin and becoming greedy. How long was this DLC worked on? And yet it has incredible bugs.
I get the feeling that developers don’t have beta testers at all. Sorry, but you can see a bug with mercenaries or what is happening in the HRE in just a couple of hours in the game. Trade republics killed, money transfer bugs, privileges of estates uneven. No, let's nerf the HRE, it's so important

• 1Like
Reactions:
Is this a joke ? "We here you " wrote Johan. No they don't. All the Beta testers , paid 20 bug for this mess, gave their feedback and nothing of this feedback was addressed.

• 2Like
Reactions:
As annoying as that is, that is not material for a hotfix patch I am afraid
Not for this hotfix patch? Or any patch? Either way this is an unacceptable 'bug' in a game that a lot of us have invested in over 200€ and literally thousands of hours. This is more appropriate to a early access game.

It's embarrassing.

• 3Like
Reactions:
Not for this hotfix patch? Or any patch? Either way this is an unacceptable 'bug' in a game that a lot of us have invested in over 200€ and literally thousands of hours. This is more appropriate to a early access game.

It's embarrassing.
He clearly said not for a "hotfix patch". A hotfix patch is a patch released as quickly as possible after a large update (and sometimes when massive problems come up) in order to deal with urgent problems that negatively affect the game in a major way. As can be seen from the changelog, these hotfixes often also include fixes to more minor things and minor balance changes that have already been done anyway at that point.
He did not say that it is not going to be fixed in a regular patch (the ones that contain lots of fixes for bugs that are not so urgent) - he basically confirmed that it is going to be fixed eventually, just that it is not massive enough to prioritize it over all other fixes and planned changes.
While Paradox's decision-making on whether certain things are hotfix material or not can sometimes be questioned (e.g. regarding the bug with money in peace deals), I do not think that a bug that makes an "f" appear in the search window which you then have to delete again is such a case - it is annoying, it should not exist, it should (and will) be dealt with at some point, but it is not conceivably game-breaking for anybody and does not deserve treatment as an urgent priority.

• 2Like
Reactions:
He clearly said not for a "hotfix patch". A hotfix patch is a patch released as quickly as possible after a large update (and sometimes when massive problems come up) in order to deal with urgent problems that negatively affect the game in a major way. As can be seen from the changelog, these hotfixes often also include fixes to more minor things and minor balance changes that have already been done anyway at that point.
He did not say that it is not going to be fixed in a regular patch (the ones that contain lots of fixes for bugs that are not so urgent) - he basically confirmed that it is going to be fixed eventually, just that it is not massive enough to prioritize it over all other fixes and planned changes.
While Paradox's decision-making on whether certain things are hotfix material or not can sometimes be questioned (e.g. regarding the bug with money in peace deals), I do not think that a bug that makes an "f" appear in the search window which you then have to delete again is such a case - it is annoying, it should not exist, it should (and will) be dealt with at some point, but it is not conceivably game-breaking for anybody and does not deserve treatment as an urgent priority.
That's why I asked for a clarification, them not saying something isn't an indication that they will. You make it sound like if they fix this bug then they won't fix another bug, this is not how it works. They can and should prioritize game breaking bugs, but you can't possibly make this argument when they fix stuff like 'Recentered the Monastic Elections icons to be more centered'.

Instead of saying it won't be address as a hotfix, say that it will be addressed later on.

Admittedly it's a minor issue, and actually I'm more bothered by the response than the bug itself.

• 2Like
Reactions:
Thats not a bug its a very good, asked about feature.

That's actually perfect. Since the diplomats role are to stop the nations to join the coalition. Thus the diplomat just need to get opinion over 0 so they can't join coalition and then move to the next nation.
why not add an additional option for diplomats, the old version plus the new one ?

btw that is imho what a DLC is all about, to ADD things and not turn everything i am used to for years upside down :mad:

• 1Like
Reactions:
btw that is imho what a DLC is all about, to ADD things and not turn everything i am used to for years upside down
not always. Stellaris 2.0 as an example, or megacorp addon to it.
The new mechanics of the Holy Roman Empire I like. I don’t like that the decentralization path is pointless at the moment (at least in a single game, I don’t know how it works in a multiplayer game), the reason for the war, which should add a country to the empire, does not work. And there are a lot of restrictions for the entry of AI into the empire

• 1Like
Reactions:
btw that is imho what a DLC is all about, to ADD things and not turn everything i am used to for years upside down :mad:
DLCs are all about sales, doesn't matter how it's achieved. And they are optional, if you don't like it there is a detailed instruction on how to roll back your game version.

Technically, DLCs can be disabled, new patches rolled back.

Last edited:
Reactions:
What’s wrong with Merchant Republics? Haven’t played one yet.
Ahh. It is a pain.
Actually an interesting style of play, but the mechanics are currently not competitive with monarchies and ordinary republics. And this is a very old problem

• 2Like
Reactions:
wrong, nobody gets his money back by a roll back
Nor should they.
Ahh. It is a pain.
Actually an interesting style of play, but the mechanics are currently not competitive with monarchies and ordinary republics. And this is a very old problem

Surely, a player controlled Merchant Republic can compete with any other government form. As for the AI, it wouldn't make any sense to have Merchant Republics all over the place.

• 1Like
Reactions:
So when will 1.30.01 be added to the available beta versions? The new 1.30.02 has a weird bug where everyone in my 1700s Japan game immediate breaks all alliances upon loading the save. :(

• 1Like
Reactions: