EUIV: 1.30.2 Austria is now Live! (checksum c92d) - Not for problem reports

• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
There is still a big issue with automatised diplomats. When you want allocate some diplomats to outraged countries, the diplomat just stay 1 month on a country and go just after that to an another. He didn't wait to have the +100 improved opinion to go on another country. This is really frustrating, especially when you play with diplomatic ideas...

Thats not a bug its a very good, asked about feature.

That's actually perfect. Since the diplomats role are to stop the nations to join the coalition. Thus the diplomat just need to get opinion over 0 so they can't join coalition and then move to the next nation.

• 18Like
Reactions:
Thats not a bug its a very good, asked about feature.

That's actually perfekt. Since the diplomats role is to stop the nations to join the coalition. Thus the diplomat just need to get opinion over 0 so they can't join coalition and then move to the next nation.

That is awful bugged sorry. The ancient feature worked very fine. Now i'm forced to allocate manually the diplomats to have enough positive relations to counterbalance the malus of AE. It's far from perfect, now you can't escape for massive coalitions with automatized diplomats.

• 6Like
Reactions:
Wut? Works fine for me, and I've made plenty of use of that in several runs since 1.30.1, the most recent being MP just yesterday. Is the money being funnelled to one of your allies with a higher war participation, maybe?

If you ask for more than 75% total warscore in the peace deal, the amount of ducats you get is reduced proportional to how far over 75% you are. In a 100% peace deal, you get 1 ducat.

• 7Like
Reactions:
That is awful bugged sorry. The ancient feature worked very fine. Now i'm forced to allocate manually the diplomats to have enough positive relations to counterbalance the malus of AE. It's far from perfect, now you can't escape for massive coalitions with automatized diplomats.

Having 20 nations you want to improve +10 so they do not join coalition its a lot of micro to fix.

Having 1 nation you want to get +100 relation is easy to handle by mikro since you only need to move the diplomat every 3rd year.

• 1Like
Reactions:
Thanks for the quick patch. I've been waiting until the Great Peasant's War CB special treaty option to flip countries into a Peasant's Republic is fixed before starting a Dithmarschen campaign. (It currently only changes countries into regular republics, which ruins their mission.) Was that one of the things that was fixed but not noted, or should I hold off until the next hotfix?

Thank you very much for fixning that Austrian mission and other fixes. I'm looking for further hot fixes.
Also do you plan to change Colonial Nations behaviour regarding to stopping settlement growth? Overall function seems to be working ok unless AI had already put colonist in one of its provinces. Then it will just stay there, even if stop of settlement growth was activated.

Reactions:
Having 20 nations you want to improve +10 so they do not join coalition its a lot of micro to fix.

Having 1 nation you want to get +100 relation is easy to handle by mikro since you only need to move the diplomat every 3rd year.
This is not efficient at all. Suppose you are playing a prince of the HRE and you have 4 diplomats due to diplomatic ideas. You have -40 AE with all of your neighbouring countries. The actual feature will using the diplomats and stop at +10 or +20 improved relations and move to another country or just wait. The bonus of relations given by your diplomats will not fill the malus of AE and these countries will still join a coalition when you want expand.

In the precedent feature, you can have -90 AE with your neighbours, as long as you have enough positive relations they will not be hostile towards you. That was the strength of the Diplomatic ideas. Sending your automatized diplomats to outraged countries in order to have plenty positive opinions so you can expand faster.

Now, i am bit puzzled when i see my diplomat just staying 1 month to get a ridiculous amout of +3 improved relations with a country and move on.

Last edited:
Reactions:
- Countries that leave the HRE via Incidents now get an opinion penalty with the Emperor, and if AI will never again join the HRE

Finally, this change made playing with Bologna much easier. I hated that princes could insta-rejoin the empire after the Shadow Kingdom incident.

please fix the ducats problem in peace deals!

Attachments

• 20200616111902_1.jpg
    20200616111902_1.jpg
    561,5 KB · Views: 0
  • 20200616111927_1.jpg
    20200616111927_1.jpg
    556,4 KB · Views: 0
  • 6Like
Reactions:
Wut? Works fine for me, and I've made plenty of use of that in several runs since 1.30.1, the most recent being MP just yesterday. Is the money being funnelled to one of your allies with a higher war participation, maybe?

No, it's bugged, if you demand more than 75% warscore in total. Just tested by asking for 100% warscore (25% ducats), I get not a single coin.

This is imo a bug far more game breaking than the HRE issues, so I'm quite disappointed about that.

Last edited:
  • 5Like
Reactions:
I'm sure being game devs sometimes feel like a thankless job, but I'm glad you're working on it, a lot of bugs I for sure weren't aware of were fixed.

But... ducats....peace deals....

It kills you when you peace out the Ottomans or China, and it says you'll get money, you rely on that money! and you end up with 1-4 ducats :eek:

I'm sure we'd be very happy to hear that you have the ambition of fixing it soon

Reactions:
A lot of other bug are fixed ( e.g. a bugger achievement) .
Can we have the full patchnotes in a future'
I really love to read those notes