EUIV: 1.30.2 Austria is now Live! (checksum c92d) - Not for problem reports

• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
And yet they didn't fix the "most pressing issues" before releasing it. Specifically (possibly among others, I didn't see a couple of other big ones mentioned in the list but since they apparently couldn't be bothered to list all the fixes either that may not mean much) the completely broken ducats from peace deals, something that had worked properly for over 6 years before this klusterfu** of a patch well over a year in the making. WTF were the testers doing that they didn't notice it and why was it not a priority 1 bug to fix?
Easy, the bug is simply not a one-line fix and is currently being investigated

Reactions:
yeah the hotfix seems to be to fix the simplest but biggest things. AI not using logic for joining the HRE was probably an easy one line fix, same with the other stuff. the ducat thing sucks, but honestly, I don't think it's as obnoxious as these other bugs that were fixed, at least if you were playing in Europe.

Reactions:
yeah the hotfix seems to be to fix the simplest but biggest things. AI not using logic for joining the HRE was probably an easy one line fix, same with the other stuff. the ducat thing sucks, but honestly, I don't think it's as obnoxious as these other bugs that were fixed, at least if you were playing in Europe.

And what if you weren't?

Easy, the bug is simply not a one-line fix and is currently being investigated

Which then falls back on the question about testing and the decision to release. If the testers reported the problem and they released it anyway knowing the bug existed AND would not be fixed you're heading into some very ugly territory...

Reactions:
And what if you weren't?

Which then falls back on the question about testing and the decision to release. If the testers reported the problem and they released it anyway knowing the bug existed AND would not be fixed you're heading into some very ugly territory...
well I played a game in India yesterday and never encountered any real bugs

• 2Like
Reactions:
You might be surprised, but every game ships with dozens of known bugs. You have a static release date that is very difficult to change (when it's not impossible), and you don't have unlimited manpower to go through everything.
You fix as most as you can before the code freeze, then once the code is frozen you prepare a day-one patch, once again fixing most of the things you have previously caught and that have emerged after that. But even with that, you will have some issues left.
And that's assuming that every issue is "easy" to fix, and that every bug has the same priority as the other. What would you rather have, the money-in-peace-deals bug, or a ctd issue? The first is annoying, but you can play around it. The second, you can't.

Reactions:
Thanks for the quick patch!

A question if I may - I already made a post on the suggestions forum, but why is forming the kingdom of Jerusalem as Provence incompatible with the goal of being in the HRE? It's still theoretically possible, as you'd have to form Jerusalem first and then join the HRE (or join and just completely ignore the elections, then rejoin after forming), but it's inconvenient and misses a lot of the point of joining the HRE in the first place - especially given that the new mission tree pushes in both directions and those two goals don't seem logically incompatible?

Thanks Groogy, these look like changes in the right direction. Is it intentional that nations who form Switzerland are not eligible for Swiss achievements? And also is there movement on fixing the bug with searching provinces using the "f" hotkey to start with an f in the search bar?

You might be surprised, but every game ships with dozens of known bugs. You have a static release date that is very difficult to change (when it's not impossible), and you don't have unlimited manpower to go through everything.
You fix as most as you can before the code freeze, then once the code is frozen you prepare a day-one patch, once again fixing most of the things you have previously caught and that have emerged after that. But even with that, you will have some issues left.
And that's assuming that every issue is "easy" to fix, and that every bug has the same priority as the other. What would you rather have, the money-in-peace-deals bug, or a ctd issue? The first is annoying, but you can play around it. The second, you can't.
Sure, but in this case, HRE is (was) obviously broken, missing ducats on peace deals is an easy to notice big bug and that the AI goes bankrupt is kinda game-breaking (in some situations).
I don't have the feeling that they knew about these bugs (among others) before launch day and I have the feeling the HRE bug was a "one-liner" easy fix and the fact that the other two major bugs aren't patched and none of the Devs even acknowledge them suggests, that they have no idea where the bug is in the code or how to fix it.

I understand it, if there is a "grand design" and some things that seemed to be doable till launch day aren't in the DLC. If some hard to spot obscure bugs crawl through the cracks and get released with the DLC (like the event bugs they fixed in this patch), but major game "breaking bugs" that are easy to spot and obvious to notice and they don't even acknowledge the fact that they are aware and working on it, suggests to me that the DLC wasn't properly tested at all.

I know the patch was 2MB (20MB I don't remember) so obviously fixing whatever they fixed was much more complicated then I imagine, but still I honestly, I think this is not the best customer experience.

I am writing all this, because I really enjoy the quality of life improvements the DLC/patch gave. I really would like to play the game.
(But I will wait till they fix the missing peace deal money and the AI goes bankrupt bugs). :confused:

• 1Like
Reactions:
there is a Bug when you (as the emperor) force a nation to release a nation via the unlawfull territory buttion that he's not releasing the country that was annexed but another that has a core. for example - Mantua annexed Modena. I forced as emporer that he'll release a nation. But the game chose not to release Modena (that has it only core in the province of modena) but Ferrara (what was also not existing at that point) but that had another core on the province of ferrara (suprise.. :) ) shouldn't prefere the game to release the former annexed nations ? (esp. if it is a nation with just this core?)

Reactions:
I understand it, if there is a "grand design" and some things that seemed to be doable till launch day aren't in the DLC. If some hard to spot obscure bugs crawl through the cracks and get released with the DLC (like the event bugs they fixed in this patch), but major game "breaking bugs" that are easy to spot and obvious to notice and they don't even acknowledge the fact that they are aware and working on it, suggests to me that the DLC wasn't properly tested at all.

This, also the autonomy floors are still borked, another fairly obvious bug that should have been noticed in any competent testing scenario.

Then that's valid point. Might be something in Italian part of HRE now. Before hotfix I was unable to take decision "Rein in Italy", even though whole region was part of HRE - owned either by me, my vassals or princes. In the end Pope and Firenze left HRE in 1490. Lack of description for this incident and decision is unfortunate.

With 1.301. I could rein in Italy by having all the remaining countries listed (four of them) above 150 at the same time.

Folks, it's right here in the thread title:

Not for problem reports

Report bugs in the bug report forum!

The reports are there already, we're questioning how they weren't found and fixed pre-release when they are blatantly obvious and any remotely organized and competent testing process should have found them. There's a lot of stuff that's broken that is right there in your face as you play the game for even a short time. This isn't edge case, random event breaks playing Arawak past 1805 and having high absolutism stuff, this is make a peace deal as anyone, get a province in a new area, etc. stuff.

Still a big problem, and it was even long before 1.30 was the AI debt death spiral. (Ai is also likely to pave everything in coastal defenses but not as likely to build useful buildings. Not a part of a hotfix but maybe we need an economical AI overhaul.)

Reactions:
And yet they didn't fix the "most pressing issues" before releasing it. Specifically (possibly among others, I didn't see a couple of other big ones mentioned in the list but since they apparently couldn't be bothered to list all the fixes either that may not mean much) the completely broken ducats from peace deals, something that had worked properly for over 6 years before this klusterfu** of a patch well over a year in the making. WTF were the testers doing that they didn't notice it and why was it not a priority 1 bug to fix?
Tuesday is hotfix day and dev diary day. So you go with what could be fixed in a very complex game. Expect a few more hotfixes.

The real problem seems to be a lack of competent gametesters and/or a lack of time to test properly, Its quite amazing they did not spot the Popes ability to prevent the reformation, with the game staying in the first age another 100 years or so.

Don't you need positive relation with the emperor? That somewhat represents the emperor's say. But a bit more involving mechanic would be nice of course.

A positive relationship should not equal the Umbrella of the HRE. Liking someone shouldn't mean you can join the club. There are a whole lot of factors to take into account.

Reactions:
No mention of issues with AI idling armies, not merging, not responding to threats, using an all cannon army because they have an infantry heavy merc army that's frozen?

Reactions: